The Fall of Angels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Bird

04-06-2012

Several months ago when this board first went up I wrote this. Or something like it. I added a bit to the end and made a few changes, but I was bored and decided to make my only little story. Thanks for the read make sure to tell me if you like it.

================================================== =====

The halls of The Institute of War are never truely crowded. At any given time they are populated mostly with the various summoner's of the League. Champions are sometimes seen wondering it's halls, mostly those like Ryze who spend the majority of their time off the battlefields within the walls of the Institute. This particular day Kayle was patrolling the halls, making sure no exchanges broke out between the less-friendly champions. She often had plenty of time. She wasn't upset that she was one the less summoned champions. It was simply as it was, and to be quite honest she was thankful for it. She had already fought for far too long. She enjoyed her time alone off the battlefield.

Little did she know though that today's peace would not last, and may never come again. As she turned a corner she came to Jax, probably the most mysterious of the Leagues members. She often found his loud and egocentric behavior paired with constantly refering to himself as "The Champ" somewhat annoying. Today though something was different. If not for the strange mask he wore and the brass lamppost in his hands, she might have mistaken him for one of the summoners. Where normally he walked tall and proud full of a youthful energy rarely seen in anyone, he now paced silently, bent forward slightly like he had aged 40 years suddenly.

Jax stopped walking before she came to. "Is there something wrong Jax?" She could never read him, and had little trust in him. He was suspicious to say the least. His mask hid his emotions as well as his face. Now though his voice spoke volumes. "Yes, there is. Come with me." With that Jax simply turned around and started back the way he had come. This worried Kayle. She wasn't sure what to say, but while she didn't like Jax she also knew that he was not an enemy. Just cocky and obnoxious. That was why seeing him like this, like a wizened old man was all the more disconcerting. So she followed in silence and with a sinking feeling in her gut.

After some time they finally came to a place Kayle had not been to for a decade. Large marble doors stood slightly ajar before them, the same darkness she remembered from her own Judgement seemed like a solid wall just an inch inside the door way. "Jax, why are we here?" He did not answer though. He just walked into the reflection room. Kayle stood outside for a moment, then flew in. As she entered she realized that it wasn't as dark as she remembered. No, there was a light near the center of the room. She could see Jax's silohete moving towards it and another body. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" shouted Kayle. Flames encircled her head and a sword seemed to materilize into her left hand. Facing her were black, shreded wings. The Black Wings of the Fallen. Morgana.

She raised her sword, ready to fight, she knew she shouldn't have trusted him. However, in the silence that followed her outburst she heard something. Jax remained silent, but she could here something. She looked to Morgana, and her words caught in her throat. She was crying, no, she was sobbing. This was not some pretty cry or false tears to sway. She was confused, so very confused. She did not think her sis-Morgana, had any thing left inside her. "Jax, I demand answers." Her voice was weak suddenly, yet she did not know why.

"There is something you must see," came a voice familar but thought long lost. It was the voice of Reginald Ashram, the missing High Councilor. At first she thought it was a trick a turned to search the room for the long lost summoner, but then Jax turned to face her and the voice came from behind his mask. "I was hestitant at first, but I could not keep THIS secret. Not to the both of you. It is now more than ever that you sisters will need each other." Kayle was not sure what was happening, and before she could say anything Jax lifted his great brass lamppost and slammed it to the ground. The light in it suddenly shinned brightly, and the world changed.

At first she thought she was being judged again, for the seem seemed very similar. It was her home, but as she looked again she suddenly realized why Morgana was crying. It was not her home per say, but rather the home of the Exiles, the fallen of Kayle's race. She had seen it near ten years ago before Morgana had returned with the power of the League. Now though it burned. That was wrong though. It was like the world was weeping. Maybe it was because she was an immortal angel that she could look upon it without loosing herself, but what she saw would drive mortal men to the brink and beyond. The Void had been opened, and it had consumed her world. Beasts of the void prowled the land, the blood of thousands flowed like rivers. Black feathers mixed with white ones. Then it was gone. And then she saw her own home, the home of the angels. It to was a wasteland of feathers and blood, of horrible Void creatures. Then that too was gone, replaced by the darkness of the room.

Kayle fell to her knees, her wings suddenly to heavy to bare her up. "No," was all she could muster. So many emotions and thoughts passed through her mind. First she wanted to blame Morgana and her ilk, for only they could bring such evil to their world. Then she realized it didn't matter. For their was no longer sides. They had both been consumed. The war was finally over. After thousands of years of war between the light and the dark it was over. And in that instant she wished for nothing more than that it was still going. Light and darkness had both been consumed by The Void. "How?" came a low whisper ,"HOW?!" She screamed at Jax, but he showed nothing from beneath his mask.

"I do not know, and I can not send you back. Morgana already asked this of me, threatened me even, but as I explained to her there is nothing to go back too. All of your world is as this. I have yet to find any survivors." Kayle looked again at Morgana, but she could not look back at Kayle. Tears of rage, pain, hate, maybe sadness, fell in streams from her eyes. Morgana had just wanted a world were she could do as she pleased, but she never truely wanted this. No one could want this. No one, but the Void.

Then it suddenly became clear in an instant. As if both of the angels seemed to realize just what this meant. Who might be responsible. Who might know why this happened to their plane. Kayle thought of Kassadin, the Void Walker. Not had he only been to it, to it's lost city, but it he had almost been consumed by it. Instead though he embraced it, and turned it's own power back on itself. In his wisdom he had seen the threat The Void would be to the lands. However perhaps even he had not considered the other worlds that the void would look to.

Kayle looked to Jax, or was he Reginald? She stood and wiped the tears from her eyes, suddenly steeled once more against her own emotions, had she had done countless times in the past. "You said...you said you hadn't found any survivors. Yet. Does that mean..."

Jax interuppted her. "Maybe. I have seen sights of battles, both recent and old. If there are any left maybe they left your world. I do not know. I will search when I can, but my position here is wavering at best. The best you can do is to look into it on your own. With the deals you have made with the League neither of you can return to your world. That does not mean others wouldn't know of what the Void says." With that Jax simply began to turn and leave. This time however it was Morgana's turn to speak.

"Stop right there." Her voice dripped with poison. "This, all of this. It is so unreal, how or why should I believe it is true. How do I know this is not but some terrible joke constructed by you. Or by HER," she pointed to Kayle. Kayle was stunned.

"Sister, this isn't some cruel jape. Why would I do this? What reason could I have? This isn't some petty attempt at hurting you. Our people are dying, perhaps dead. Yet still you fight me. Why?" Kayle looked at Morgana. Her mind had been poisoned by the things she had made deals with. She saw shadows were none existed and enemies were there was only allies. It seemed that perhaps Morgana hadn't quite believed her own words though and was silent. Kayle turned to look back at Jax, but he had gone.

Moranga quickly brushed by her, walking towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"To kill the prophet and his pets."

Kayle dismissed her weapon and raced after her and grabbed her by the shoulder. "Morgana, you can't just kill another..."

"GET YOUR HAND OFF OF ME!" she slapped away the armored hand with rage filled strength. "For once in your life forget the rules, forget what others want and feel. What do you feel? What do you want? Surely I am not the only one who wants to bring justice to our home. Surely the great Judicator could see my point of view for once in her perfect life!"

Kayle took a step back and held her hand to her chest. The slap hadn't hurt. It was the words that had striken her. Her breath came out hard, holding back her fury. "I...You know that is not what is right, just because you feel it. Wanting to kill someone is not right Morgana. It does not matter what you want."

"Please!" she cut in once more. "I can tell. Your just as angry as I am. The time of upholding whatever flimsy truths you've been fighting for so long is gone. There is no purpose. All that remains for us is revenge." And for that moment, Morgana looked to her sister for the first time in centuries with anything but hate. She looked to her with hope, love even.

Kayle took a deep breath. For so many years she had fought. At first she had fought along side her sister, then against her and her kind. Now it did seem so small. She had been fighting for freedom, for the true way. For life and all that was good. And it still existed. She could not believe it even as she thought it. The deaths of all her loved ones, of her kind, made little difference. What they fought for always existed. It existed here in Valoran, and surely across many other worlds and lands. If she could not fight for her own, then she would fight for others. Just as she always had.

She turned to Morgana with stoic eyes, and said nothing, but her intentions were clear. Morgana's face turned to disgust and she stormed from the room. Kayle could only hope that in the end her resolve held long for her to warn Malzahar and not kill him herself.

yourdeath my win

04-06-2012

weak not week as in 7 days

Captain Bird

04-11-2012

bump

Captain Bird

04-27-2012

bump

Captain Bird

05-02-2012

bump

Captain Bird

05-05-2012

bump

KeenanRC

05-05-2012

Needs more bump
But yeah the story is good

vayfarer

05-06-2012

go on.

Captain Bird

05-08-2012

Thanks for the comments!

KeenanRC

05-08-2012

Your welcome?