Cant Start a Practice Game with Bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

f4nt0m

08-11-2010

Looks like LoL needs to do something about this. Didn't realize how much it would affect new players

magzillas

08-11-2010

I'm sure they have a perfectly legitimate reason for removing single player bot practice games, but I have yet to see it, and I am very discontented about its removal.

f4nt0m

08-11-2010

I'm not sure if its a rumour or not - But what I've heard is it was to ensure they could handle the load of the Ranked games hence making it so people cant solo practice games.

However, I'd guess that attracting new players is always more important than current players... Not sure what the priorities are.

LuciferWhite

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidira View Post
Even trying to put me and 2 bots vs 3 bots, I'm not able to add a 6th player because it tells me there needs to be a 2nd player. This is very irritating and would rather not figure out a champ while in a regular game when there's a perfectly good practice option available. Although regular games aren't ranked, I find it quite unfair for the rest of my team to have to suffer with a possible loss while I'm figuring out how a champ works. I realize I could just join another's game, but I prefer to practice solo against all comps, so it gives me more time to figure out items and techniques.
I'm a complete newbie, so far I've found that if you announce the fact that "Hey, I'm a newbie, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, and this is my first time on this character" MOST people will understand and cut you some slack.

I recommend looking for practice games for levels 10 and under (if you are level ten or under), as everyone there is pretty much a newbie, so you're all learning together.

Nephyril

08-02-2011

I started a week ago... Its amazing how some players (smurf accounts most likely) get so enraged against their teammates in such low level, meaningless games. (Sometimes against bots, no less)

I've strayed away from playing bots, as I'm mostly familiar with how the game works now, and will jump to a bot match every now and then just to work on some things with certain champs I'm looking into trying out.

This practice feature would have saved a lot of time. For a new player, its hard to go at everyone else's place or understand everything that's going on. Jumping into the deep end worked out okay for me, but it won't for everybody.

Why can't ranked games just be on a different server if they're so worried about the strain its putting on it?

[EDIT] Just noticed the date... Sorry for the res. Heh.