Cant Start a Practice Game with Bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrickYrd

08-06-2010

Every time I try and add a bot it tells me that there must be 2 players in this game and that I cant add bots. I thought you could play against bots before you play against people....whats the problem here?

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

The reason why you are unable to play by yourself with bots is because Riot is attempting to keep the game servers stable while trying to service as many players as possible. Gone are the days where you could just do a bot game anytime =(

xpsychedelico

08-06-2010

You can still play a 2 player game against bots if you wish, with three bots on your team.

DiasRavenGuard

08-07-2010

It would be nice if they gave a bit of a better error message then or changed the "new player guide" this answered my question as well... Really not the best first impression but I'm glad this was on the first page!

NeVeRLiFt

08-08-2010

ah thanks for clearing this up

Shidira

08-09-2010

Even trying to put me and 2 bots vs 3 bots, I'm not able to add a 6th player because it tells me there needs to be a 2nd player. This is very irritating and would rather not figure out a champ while in a regular game when there's a perfectly good practice option available. Although regular games aren't ranked, I find it quite unfair for the rest of my team to have to suffer with a possible loss while I'm figuring out how a champ works. I realize I could just join another's game, but I prefer to practice solo against all comps, so it gives me more time to figure out items and techniques.

ILoveHelloKitty

08-09-2010

1on5 bots, cool how you can 2 hit kill bots when you finish your build.

Dezarius

08-10-2010

I don't like 2 player practice games myself. I've solved it two different ways:

1 - If you're fortunate enough to have 2 or more computers at home, just start a LoL client on the 2nd computer with a dummy/smurf account.

2 - Start a practice game and name it: "!a Practice only vs Bots. No Team Play". Quickly make sure the other side has 3 or 5 bots, and leave 1 slot open on your team. You'll get someone really quickly. Edit Note: I use the "!a ...." in the front so that it goes to the top of the list if they organize by name, which some folks do.

Just my 2 cents.

alasknd

08-10-2010

So when I tried to make a practice game today with 2 people, it instead told me that 4 people are required to make a practice game?

Does the requirement change with load on the servers, or is this a permanent thing?

DollarMenu

08-10-2010

Yeah it seems like they made it even harder for those starting out...

I just came to the game yesterday, got smashed in a game against people that shouldn't be in "practice" so I forced my roommate to play just so I could see wtf I was doing. Only managed to get a few games in before it was time for servers to go down and now this? I can't even play with just my roommate now, real nice...