Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Katarina worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

04-06-2012

I was looking at Katarina recently. She costs 3150 ip and I would need to get a third movement speed quintessence for 2150 to use her effectively. That would put me at 5300 ip for a champion that people say is too easily countered.

The other thing I have been looking at however is that she is very popular among the 2200 elo crowd. Apparently she is the very best in high mobility champions, but I am wondering if I should wait for Hecarim who appears to be even higher mobility and possibly better. I do have enough ip to pick up both of them if Katarina is a worthwhile champion.

Basically my question is if you have Katarina do you find yourself using her and when you do use her do you think she pulls her weight on a team most of the time.

Also what do people who use her think of her base in game model and her high command katarina skin since that is what I would be using if I did get her a skin.

LastLaughLol

04-06-2012

Base model sucks the nut sack. And she is VERY EASILY COUNTERED. BUT!!! A lot of noobs play this game and get facerolled by her. So if youre planning on playing normals, you should definetly be fine. Ranked on the other hand, people will pick counters to shut you up. Anything with a stun or a silence is your worst nightmare.

Héró

04-06-2012

kat does pull her weight

u dont exactly need 3 ms quints, i switch bewteen 2 and 1 and use others like ap or mp

besides awesome mobility, is that cds reset when u kill or assist, so someone hiding low hp behind turrent, flash --> shunpo *dead*---> shunpo to minon to escape.

then just enjoy that theres puffs of purple smoke everwhere lol

T174N

04-06-2012

worth it yes, just run cleanse and a tenacity item

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

04-06-2012

Katarina's very mobile and a good bit of fun, but you have to make sure you time things right. That and watch for Blitzcrank and Alistar, they pretty much auto-counter Katarina.

Héró

04-06-2012

also i found if u happen to lane agaisnt malzahar

if u run cleans

use cleanse before u jump on him and ult

and ofcourse he will ult u

but it only last like 1 sec and alot less dmg

Taoquitok

04-06-2012

She has some impressive poke too if you rank your Q first. Bouncing it down a line of minions onto a champ over and over is a great way of keeping them at bay and as said earlier, cleanse/qqs counters a lot of her counters. The downside though ie if you pop Shinto to early in a fight you might find you miss the opportunity to suddenly instagib a team with an ult followed by a few well timed shunpo's and another ult

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

04-06-2012

Quote:
Héró:
also i found if u happen to lane agaisnt malzahar

if u run cleans

use cleanse before u jump on him and ult

and ofcourse he will ult u

but it only last like 1 sec and alot less dmg

Cleanse only shortens the duration of normal CCs. It doesn't affect Suppression at all.

PeteyPiranha

04-10-2012

shes a troll pick bro, dont waste your time on kat. dont listen to any noobs who say she is viable

Thubgar

04-10-2012

shes not good by any stretch but she's no eve.