The Sparring Grounds [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Broshevick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aproxima View Post
Mirage smiled " Alright then. " She reached out with her hand towards him and the barrier started to shrink quite fast as the rock inside disappeared. The pressure and temperature inside increasing dramatically.
She then asked " How about you go all out and let's see how long you can last? "
Finals - Slow Replies Everywhere

Mao noticed the change and smiled slightly. He closed his eyes and knelt for a second, seeming to be focusing on something. The smoke from his legs began to change it's shape, forming a barrier around him. He then stood back up, smiling at Mirage.


"Well, I'd love to, but knowing you I'm not going to be able to get a good hit off. Plus, to be honest, I'm missing my main weapon right now. I fight with a spear, not just hands, so I'm already at a disadvantage. But, I am still trained to fight with anything at all, and that's more then enough to deal with you."

As he said that, Mao suddenly vanish from inside the barrier of smoke, re-appearing inside another that also appeared behind Mirage. As soon as he appeared, he went for a strike to her legs, extending his right hand to push and grab her shoulder as the kick would hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammdog

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr Zed View Post
Zed enters the sparring grounds with several of followers. Zed sits cross-legged on the sideline as the others stretch. Two of them begin to spar.

The ninjas exchanged blows with their katana, circling and dodging one another. Their rythmic clash rang out across the grounds. Zed noticed their movements slowing, their energy abating. It was then the younger combatant made a bold move.

With his remaining strength, he cast his shadow behind his opponent, moving in for a finishing blow. It was not enough. The other was gone and in his place a blade rent through a shadow figure. The older ninja held his arm around the younger's neck, lifting him from the ground.

Zed broke their struggle. "That is enough. Rest five minutes, and you will start again."
Hammdog heard the clash of steel behind him and turned around, and saw his less boisterous acquaintance, Zed. He strode over to the ninja. "Zed, my boy, 'ow's it goin'?" He looked over at the other ninjas that were sparring. "Ye look stressed, lad. Why not leave yer cronies t' 'andle th'mselves and vent oot that stress on me?" He paced back a bit and drew his greatsword.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aproxima

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broshevick View Post
Finals - Slow Replies Everywhere

Mao noticed the change and smiled slightly. He closed his eyes and knelt for a second, seeming to be focusing on something. The smoke from his legs began to change it's shape, forming a barrier around him. He then stood back up, smiling at Mirage.


"Well, I'd love to, but knowing you I'm not going to be able to get a good hit off. Plus, to be honest, I'm missing my main weapon right now. I fight with a spear, not just hands, so I'm already at a disadvantage. But, I am still trained to fight with anything at all, and that's more then enough to deal with you."

As he said that, Mao suddenly vanish from inside the barrier of smoke, re-appearing inside another that also appeared behind Mirage. As soon as he appeared, he went for a strike to her legs, extending his right hand to push and grab her shoulder as the kick would hit.
Mao's strike flew right through her legs just as the grab. However Mirage somewhat fell back and changed the position of her staff so there was a strike heading for Mao's mid-section that was amplified with a blast of telekinesis at the strike point of the staff. The purpose of the attack was to push him a bit further away.
The attack was quite obvious, but at the same time Mao could feel something cold on his neck and if he looked at it he'd find that it is a spear.
A voice was heard during the attack " Will it suffice? Or are you used to a special kind of spear? "


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammdog View Post
Hammdog heard the clash of steel behind him and turned around, and saw his less boisterous acquaintance, Zed. He strode over to the ninja. "Zed, my boy, 'ow's it goin'?" He looked over at the other ninjas that were staying. "Ye look stressed, lad. Why not leave yer cronies t' 'andle th'mselves and vent oot that stress on me?" He paced back a bit and drew his greatsword.
Zed beckoned to his students from the sideline, and they come to sit beside him, an audience of three. He walked towards the sparring ring. "You don't have a backlog of challengers to entertain? How refreshing." Zed faced is opponent, studying his stance and the silver greatsword.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammdog

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Hammdog slowly circled Zed, ready to strike at any moment. Suddenly, he bellowed like an elephant on drugs and charged ad the ninja, greatsword held high. He swung his blade in a wide arc, striking to kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammdog View Post
Hammdog slowly circled Zed, ready to strike at any moment. Suddenly, he bellowed like an elephant on drugs and charged ad the ninja, greatsword held high. He swung his blade in a wide arc, striking to kill.
The warrior had a speed that did not match his size, but Zed was no stranger to speed. He saw the frontal attack, and sidestepped the berserker's blow, and felt the wind of its passage and the shock of its impact upon the ground.

Too close Zed leaped off the warriors shoulder, kicking hard to gain distance. Only after landing a good five feet away would he respond in kind. He threw the tri-blade shuriken with the force of his whole upper body, twisting into the release.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammdog

Senior Member

05-13-2013

Hammdog stumbled as Zed kicked off of his shoulder, and although he was ready for an attack from behind, the shuriken went deep into his arm. "Bl**dy 'ell that 'urt..." He yanked the shuriken out of his arm, seeming unfazed by the open wound. "I'll kill ye for that!" The highlander brought his sword up again and circled the shadow warrior more carefully.

((Anybody catching the Awesomenauts references?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

Senior Member

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammdog View Post
Hammdog stumbled as Zed kicked off of his shoulder, and although he was ready for an attack from behind, the shuriken went deep into his arm. "Bl**dy 'ell that 'urt..." He yanked the shuriken out of his arm, seeming unfazed by the open wound. "I'll kill ye for that!" The highlander brought his sword up again and circled the shadow warrior more carefully.

((Anybody catching the Awesomenauts references?))
((Feel free to unleash your character here, Zed can take it. sorry don't get the reference.))

A direct hit and he barely flinches. Good.

The two circle one another, watching each others movements closely. Besides the Ninja, several nearby warriors stop to watch the fighting. A few chime in, but neither can notice. "Crush that ninja pansy!", "Take him down you lazy Drunk!"

Without warning, Zed rushed his looming opponent, wrist blades drawn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammdog

Senior Member

05-14-2013

Hammdog sees the incoming rush. He charges up some ice energy and brings his blade down, and begins to jump back, trying to use his weapon's reach to his advantage.

((Didn't think you would. Also, can Zed take a greatsword to the face/gut/crotch?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muggtonp

Senior Member

05-15-2013

After a nice long rest in an inn (as well as a mug of ale) several blocks away, Johun arrives back at the Sparring Grounds. He inhales the crisp air before striding up into the stands to spectate the ongoing matches.