Alistar

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

Senior Member

04-05-2012

...does his passive proc Rylai's Crystal Scepter?

If it does, with max CDR, he could essentially have a perma slow aura along with his standard CC's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Pick amumu, permaslow people with Rylai's, and be more useful than Alistar ever will be. Done!

I don't fault you if you stick with Alistar, though. I mean, you can't milk those.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Yeah, I played Amumu during free week and he was fun, but his skillshot stun is meh and isn't as tanky as Mr. Cow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

04-05-2012

It works with Rylai's, but even if you're building AP it should still be a low priority item. Getting max CDR is something you need to do first thing and you're going to need some good MR also, so you're looking at Frozen Heart, Visage + Wit's, Odyn's or FoN before even thinking about other items. Problem is that games are typically over by then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It works with Rylai's, but even if you're building AP it should still be a low priority item. Getting max CDR is something you need to do first thing and you're going to need some good MR also, so you're looking at Frozen Heart, Visage + Wit's, Odyn's or FoN before even thinking about other items. Problem is that games are typically over by then.
Good to know! I don't build AP. I have runes and masteries + Frozen Heart for max CDR, pick up Odyn's (usually), then have one more late game item. I then look for some health, and Rylai's fits the bill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Pick amumu, permaslow people with Rylai's, and be more useful than Alistar ever will be. Done!

I don't fault you if you stick with Alistar, though. I mean, you can't milk those.
Entirely unrelated but if you watch ali when he laughs or does /joke he leans back and you see some mean ass nips.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-06-2012

Even if Rylai's does proc the aoe slow, you are still better off with a Randuin's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinzigerAI View Post
Entirely unrelated but if you watch ali when he laughs or does /joke he leans back and you see some mean ass nips.
Why would I see ass nips when he leans back?

Why does his ass have nips?! WHY ARE THEY MEAN?!

It's too early for this ****...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaxtenn

Senior Member

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff Tacos View Post
Yeah, I played Amumu during free week and he was fun, but his skillshot stun is meh and isn't as tanky as Mr. Cow.
I think Amumu does better with a more AP-focused build, while Alistar does better as full tank. Outside his ultimate, Amumu only has a single, somewhat unreliable CC, but if you build for damage, he becomes a real threat. Alistar needs no additional damage to be a huge pain with his beastly amount of CC.

My Amumu build usually looks something like: ring, sorc shoes, haunting guise, sunfire cape, Rylai's, Morello's, abyssal sceptre. Amumu's AP ratios add up to 2.5, not counting the damage over time from Despair, which is extremely and surprisingly high. Provided you can land bandages, he is actually a nasty little nuker.

I also max Bandage Toss first, since that cuts the cooldown in half, from 16s down to 8s, and takes the damage from 80 up to a respectable 320.

Who is this thread about again? Alistar? Nuts to that guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-06-2012

Alistar is tremendously useful, but he drops in use late game because he is slow and cannot be in time to the skirmishes, thus providing late cc meaning that your teammate would probably be at less than half hp when you actually reach there, despite being slow he's better equipped as a support (cc and tankiness) plus an early Sheen, well at least that's how i have had the most success when playing as him.

On topic: rilayis applies with the passive , but there will be no passive if all your abilities are in cd


12