Who counters Ryze in mid?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfDrDeath

04-05-2012

Above question^

My friends claim he has many counters, I think he hasn't that much...

Can you tell mel your opinions about his counters, please? Thx.

Ruahi

04-05-2012

people with greater range and or upfront burst at lower levels

either that or high sustain cuz he basically just wants to constantly spam abilities at you like a machine gun but he doesnt have that big a range compared to other ap's as well as he doesnt have the early burst of other ap's

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

The best counter to Ryze mid is someone with longer range. Leblanc, Lux and Orianna are a few that outrange him.

Another good choice is anti-casters, like Morgana and Kassadin, people who counteract their combos.

Xiao Rettousei

04-05-2012

Brand **** on ryze all day

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Brand, Ahri, Morgana, Cassiopeia, Karthus... who else has long range that can't be hindered by creeps? AP Kog'Maw counts I guess.

The trick is range. Ryze has no range, and no gap closer. Play to his weakness.

Orleos

04-05-2012

If you know your AP carry that was sent mid will have problems, believe it or not Maokai makes for a great mid laner. His E makes for great incredibly strong ranged harass early to mid game and his ability to keep champs in place with W and Q combos can almost guarantee ganks.

Of course this causes you to switch up the meta a bit, so you have to make sure your team comp can handle the adjustment.

moneypouch

Recruiter

04-05-2012

Brand beats Ryze 100% (Morde has the same success rate unless u can get your jungle to camp your lane)
Lux, Vlad, X all have very strong lanes against him
Morg, Cass, Kass all should beat him but good play or jungler intervention can very easily swing the lane into Ryze's favor.

Ryze's strength is that he gets tanky fast and has very high mid burst/late sustain dmg. He is a very snowbally champ that becomes increasingly more powerful once he hits his core build so he may seem uncounterable if u don't play safe and let him get the first few kills he needs.

also if u want to cheese the lane akali can win it fairly handedly if they have a jungler that cant gank early and u know how to use shroud

edit: just saw a post claiming karth is counter, not true at all actually its a free win for ryze as long as he starts boot,3+MS quints karths hp pool is to small to handle ryze's lvl 2 q-w-q-ingite unless he is at full hp and even then 10% hp karth has to be or u flash w-q first chance for free gold.

NinjaCÅT

04-05-2012

all mid champs counter ryze.... alllllll of them....
i have played over 1100 games and am yet to be beaten by a ryze

Orleos

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCT View Post
all mid champs counter ryze.... alllllll of them....
i have played over 1100 games and am yet to be beaten by a ryze
That can mean quite a few things actually, a few of which are...

A) Every Ryze you faced was garbage.
B) Every game you played was bots.
C) You're utterly amazing. (Highly Unlikely. With the people I see normally make posts like yours, this tends to not be true. No offense, I'm just stating a normal occurrence.)
D) You've never been mid.
E) Your mid was babysat by the Jungler.
F) You've never faced a Ryze.

1's own personal experience does not a fact make.

Héró

04-05-2012

i able to beat him with kats harras

12345 ... 8