Ranked Dodge Vote Idea

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NFG Crayon

04-05-2012

So, in Ranked, as things stand, if you dodge in champion selection, you take an Elo penalty as if you had lost the game. This makes sense as it prevents abuse and Elo inflation, but it also leads to a great deal of frustration when, for example, you're in Champion Selection and you have somebody who's AFK, random, blatantly trolling, counterpicking themselves, or taking a role/position that's already taken.

When these kind of situations occur, it usually winds up with three to four players sitting around waiting for one of them to dodge to save the others Elo, but nobody really wants to be the one to take that hit (unless they're duo queued) so sometimes they're stuck playing the game out.

My suggestion to curb this problem without causing the problems with unpenalized dodging that existed before would be a voting system, kind of like surrendering, in the champion selection, that allows the team as a whole to decide to dodge. If they get a majority vote, the queue gets aborted and they all take a fraction of the existing queue dodge penalty, say, a few points. If it doesn't pass, the game would go through as normal.

I was wondering what the playerbase and the Riot staff would think of this idea, as I think it would do a great deal to help improve the quality in the behavior of players without it coming at the expense of those players who do their best.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

This would be really nice. I am sick of having 3 people decide that they will be mid no matter what and having to try to come up with a way to win the game or take a hit.

NFG Crayon

04-11-2012

Bump.

Spherous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

I love the idea. It drives me insane when I have someone who refuses to work with the team and troll pick jungle eve after we already have a jungler. -.-"

TrueTarax

04-12-2012

It's a good idea. But troll will vote no so only need a majority of 3?

NFG Crayon

04-12-2012

Yeah, I think only needing a majority of three would be the best way to go about it since the troll would most likely vote no, and if the troll is duo queue'd and it required a majority of four, duo trolls would be able to shut down the vote.

Twistedsight

04-20-2012

bump

NFG Crayon

04-22-2012

I heard recently that Riot's going to remove the Elo penalty completely, anybody else know anything about this?

NFG Crayon

04-28-2012

Bump.

KnowBrainer

04-29-2012

Losing ELO from dodging does NOT make sense. If you lose a game, your ELO is lowered and the other team's is raised. If you dodge, the ELO is gone from the system forever. There is a net loss in total global ELO, bringing the average ELO down. To say, it is possible, if every player dodged every game every time, eventually everyone's ELO would be 0. This system is broken.

1234511 ... 12