Akali masteries/runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChannelOlli

04-05-2012

Looked up some guides but they were quite outdated. Can anyone recommend me a good set for playing mid/top?

Cheers!

Ppvkignx

04-05-2012

7 AD marks, 2 mpen. AR or hp/lvl seals, flat or per lvl AP glyphs, flat AP quints. Need +3 AD from masteries to activate passive, and the +AP mastery if you go per/lvl AP glyphs.

SimiaSaturnalia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

The only thing wrong with the LoLPro guide is that it's before the Hextech nerf, but I don't think that would change the recommendation.

OchoNueve

04-05-2012

Akalis reds are really specific so that you can activate both passives at the start of the game.

7 ad red 2 mpen reds
Flat armor/HP per level yellows
Ap per level blues
Flat ap or quints

Masteries can be 21/0/9 or 21/9/0 making sure to take both the flat ad and flat ap in the offense tree

Edit: shen'd like a boss

DoctorMcPain

04-05-2012

It's not really worth it to have both passives up at level 1, not anymore at least. If you want to play her mid you're better off running MR Quints and Glyphs, Armor Seals, 7 AD Marks and 2 MR Marks. You only get the Spellvamp passive but your laning phase is going to be so much more comfortable.

Voyboy uses Spellvamp Quints iirc, but that's probably for top lane Akali.

a tiny ant

04-05-2012

You can look up my Akali runepage for a reference.

My goal is to unlock both passives at level 1, with a 21 9 0 mastery page.
The rest can be filled with magic pen or hybrid pen runes (leftover marks/quint).

Galfureye

04-05-2012

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/akali/8...guide-top-lane

pretty much the best guide that exists atm

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galfureye View Post
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/akali/8...guide-top-lane

pretty much the best guide that exists atm
Agreed. If you don't know who Westrice is, I'll sum it up for you: probably the single best Akali player in the game.

liltoke

04-05-2012

You don't really need the AP passive active. It adds negligible bonus magic damage early game. I'd recommend:

2x MPen marks
7x flat AD marks
9x flat armor seals
9x flat MR glyphs
3x spell vamp/MS quints

Q + proc early game will easily chip off 1/3-1/2 of the other persons life bar. The only problem is getting close enough to toss a Q without having to use a charge to get there. That's why I recommended MS quints. Being able to survive lvl 1-5 will make it easier for you to snowball. Just last hit with Q and zone them with W.

Of course some people are good and will counter you hard still (pinks/constant ganks) but no one said Akali was the end all of mid champs.