Tryndamere - Noob Magnet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeikei

05-20-2011

Alright guys, so I've seen people QQ about Tryndamere's ult, but more times than not, I wonder if a lot of Tryndameres know what they are doing.

Laning phase, I'm hard pressed to find a Tryndamere that does not either feed or get completely dominated against competent players (I realize he's by no means a strong laner, but the degree of this is amazing). Mid game Tryndameres seem to believe they are invincible because of their ult, resulting in them getting kited. Late game, he has to have some good items by now, but he continues to be horrible, due to his lack of logic. Of course, there are a handful of people here and there that salvage their early game and destroy late game like a carry should, but really, the % of players that do that seems to be quite low.

So does anyone else agree to with the assumption that many noobs are lured to Tryndamere B/C of his gimmicky ult?

Squeakums

05-20-2011

They probably go for him because they read the constant Trynd is OP posts on the forums.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Noobs never realized that Sona is the actual OP champion.

Crede777

05-20-2011

He was a weekly last week, so yeah there were probably a lot of newer players playing as him.

However, Tryndamere can be tricky if you don't spec him correctly. He's fairly squishy early in the game, especially against a ranged opponent. This is because his only ground covering move -- spinning slash -- doesn't actually take you that far and uses up health. It takes a while to get the most out of bloodlust and mocking shout is pretty meh. His ultimate can be annoying but is easily countered by a ranged follow-up shot or an attack which deals damage over time.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Other Noob magnets includes Katarina, Mordekaiser and Xin Zhao.

DreidelFan

05-21-2011

I've mained tryn since level 6, 300-someodd wins now. I'd have to agree that the gimmicky ult, combined with low IP cost = many scrubs trying to tryn it to win it (and failing)

Bad setup
Unless your premade chances are you arent going to get any lane kills without a very good partner, preferably rolling a hard CC (taric = love). At best you roll a lane who doesnt deny you a good cs but for the most part, I usually lane till 5-7, then jungle and cover the other lanes. Getting Zeal, and Zerkers greaves is the most nessecary thing as you can now grab red buff and start ganking.

Good setup. Other team feeds you 1-2 kills. you rush zeal/zerks, getting a good cs, you should have phantom dancer by 12-15 mins in. This is wear you can snowball hard, given the right champs. Run at that, much greater run speed + red buff and ult = kills.

I think the biggest errors i see bad tryns making are

1. Not utilizing Bloodlust stacks for damage ( your much better going in at 2/3 health with 8 stacks then 3/3 health and nothing.

2. Excessive tower diving. Since chars in LOL are rather nubified to almost always have some kind of CC or escape, a good player will not get tower dived easily, you need to watch for OOM/ Cooldowns on their abilities to do it properly.

3. Not realizing exhaust is up. Basically this summoner spell = your death, or at least a wasted ult and a narrow escape. I had a tryn vs tryn game and it ended in me going 10-0 in the laning phase due to their tryn coming in at me whilst im near dead, only to get exhausted and facecritted to the max.

I love tryn, Over 200 wins with him easily, but as I progress into higher skill brackets im finding him less and less usefull. Even in solo q's if the over team rolls the right chars in terms of escapes/CC I can CS all I want but kills are near impossible if they arent overextending or team fighting. Not to mention any good group of people will shut you down and properly CC you in any team fight, at best your scraping it out after endless is down and spamming Q to heal.

A definite pubstomper which gives his appeal to the scrubs, but as a die hard tryn player and fan I can say in my opinion he has no High Elo Position at all

InitialGrave

05-21-2011

play sona. sona's fun

lehcim

05-21-2011

I've come to notice most all non-mana champs are nub magnets. It's the same story everytime. 24/7 ability spam. Pushes the lane immediately and the inevitable always happens. I'd say it's probably due to the fact that they can't last hit well and rely on abilities to get what they can. It's funny though, because most of the time you look at their CS after pushing nonstop and usually they're the one still with the lowest. Everytime you ask them to last hit, they ask, "Why?" Could you imagine if Blitz had no mana to rely on. We'd be seeing people rocket grabbing for last hits :|

Lord Bender

05-21-2011

problem with Tryndamere is that new players pick him, but they will never learn basic of the game with his ult. They wont learn when to go in and out, that tank should initiate because they hit R and think they are gods. Oh and i forged they dont know that you should build some def item if you are melee

Exitwounds

05-21-2011

He's the "Barbarian King" and totes an enormous sword around. He's got some awesome appeal to most people based on that.

You would actually be surprised how effective Trynd can be in early levels if you have a lane mate that is willing to be aggressive and ride that fine line. Its not uncommon to take first blood when I play with a good lane mate.

A big issue is that their are a lot of misconceptions with Trynd. Phantom Dancer gets knocked when in reality it probably better to take before IE because of the speed it generates Bloodlust stacks and the increased movement speed.