Malzahar OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ctuthulu

04-05-2012

At first I thought Malz was op, but I ate an orange & it was K.

ScottBroChill

04-05-2012

I just have a question, but if one champ requires that the whole other team buy and take up a whole item slot isn't that sort of a big impact? or does it still make malzahar lame in high elo?

cavecricket48

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBroChill View Post
I just have a question, but if one champ requires that the whole other team buy and take up a whole item slot isn't that sort of a big impact? or does it still make malzahar lame in high elo?
Apparently it does, because once they see a Malzahar, everybody but the tanks will get a Quicksilver Sash.

Of course, considering the current nature of tanks- Shen, Rammus, and Ali come to mind- suppressing them isn't that bad of an idea, and it's still an absurd amount of damage Malz is doing anyways.

Princess Nagi

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBroChill View Post
QSS might take up an item slot but if you get it you have the ability to remove all debuffs fairly often which makes the item worth it in it's own right but then you get a boatload of MR which is only a bad thing if the entire other team is AD. Also malz becomes useless after that QSS so it's a 5v4.

Thrawn1138

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Malz is an easily countered champ...but if you don't stop him early... you're what professionals would call straight fuuuuucked

Drace Sylvanian

04-05-2012

He is pretty meh now. His damage got nerfed, QSS got buffed, his ult is bugged as hell and is canceled by everything and leaves you waaaay too vulnerable in a competitive setting. He has no escapes when everyone has gap closers, and has to push to regain mana which enables ganks.

Flazek

04-05-2012

I like where malz is right now as far as skills. The only reason I haven't been playing him was because of all the bugs that were going on. His ult would be cancelled for no reason, and it still happens to my friends sometimes. I do like his kit, and I play nuke damage characters all the time. Personally, I think his damage and cc is better than brand's, but i suppose it all depends on the player/build. That percent health damage pool really takes down characters that build a lot of HP without really building a whole lot of MR (such as vladimir or chogath).

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drace Sylvanian View Post
He is pretty meh now. His damage got nerfed, QSS got buffed, his ult is bugged as hell and is canceled by everything and leaves you waaaay too vulnerable in a competitive setting. He has no escapes when everyone has gap closers, and has to push to regain mana which enables ganks.
This is very true. Many bugs with his ult BESIDES being easily countered by QSS and that is why so many people who have mained Malzahar before have quit playing him for other more "reliable" AP carries.

ScottBroChill

04-05-2012

yeah I noticed the bug the last free week I played him and thought I was doing something wrong. Only concerned about this dude cause he's always been tons of fun and one of my favorite champs (never bought him because always want to try different dudes I never played ) but if he isn't viable against people that know how to actually play then **** it, I'll get ahri or some other ap mid that can get the job done and be a bawse

summoner ranger

04-05-2012

well, i see some of reliable ap carries that they go to and it funny