Full Attack Speed Runes - Underrated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klazzix

08-06-2010

What's everyone's take on these? With all the HP stacking going on, having at least one person with Bloodrazors can be extremely important and these set of runes assures them with more guaranteed damage, instead of relying on chance AKA crits.

wissmongler

08-06-2010

i always think attack speed runes were more often used for jungling like xin or warwick. I used to do that

Klazzix

08-06-2010

Bump.

VespaVictim

08-06-2010

I'm actually a fan of the Attack Speed runes, some champs just do better with some attack speed (Anybody in the jungle like Xin, Olaf, Udyr and WW, and other heroes like Taric who it fits with)

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Attack Speed won't do you any good unless the enemy doesn't target you at all and you have time to just stand there and let loose on them. Chances are you won't have that luxury on 90% of champs so you're much better off with other runes.
Especially for red, where armor pen would beat attack speed even WITH bloodrazor.

Judah the Lion

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefire View Post
Attack Speed won't do you any good unless the enemy doesn't target you at all and you have time to just stand there and let loose on them. Chances are you won't have that luxury on 90% of champs so you're much better off with other runes.
Especially for red, where armor pen would beat attack speed even WITH bloodrazor.
I'd say it's champ dependant %90 of the time, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to bet an extra 2 swings would be synonymous with the return that the red ArPen marks yield, i.e., more swaps=easily more damage, in this case, than over emphasizing pen.

You should probably be getting some ArPen anyway, making a portion of this sort of irrelevant, but to answer the OP: I'd use them for jungling or on some specific tanky/dps'ers.

iNuKeOnyOu

08-06-2010

I use all attack speed runes and they are pretty beast I have all most 1.0 attack speed when starting out on people like twitch and shaco and yi ect....

M4nTiCoR3

08-06-2010

AS stacking is extreamly effective on champs like Malphite and Kayle, who have an active dps buff that is brief, but significant. AS stacking alows them to get significatnly more swings in while thier deeps is hot, and starting the game with 26% AS buff from marks and quints alone is nothing to sneeze at when you throw in a 30% dam buff for 6 sec at level 1 like malph has.

Quote:
Numbers please...i'm not saying your wrong, but i sure would like to see some proof. Too many times i have seen things like this thrown around and every one nods only to find out later that...well...you know. I seriously doubt that even with numbers AP beats AS hands down with every champ, but then again...

Dimensionist

08-06-2010

What about AS speed runes and rushing black cleaver?

I dunno might be an interesting test.