Does my Panth build work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I'm not going to bother listing all the reasons why E is vastly superior to Q on Dominion. The numbers on their respective scaling alone should tell you enough, and you act like HSS can be instantly interrupted and doesn't have a 6 second CD at max rank. Go ask any high elo Panth player which one they max first, because in my experience the only players who don't max E first are those who can't utilize it properly.

Itsh things like thish RealWolf ma boi, that make me doubt your claims to being #1 ranked on the Dominion ladder.
Strange, because I dno't believe you have listed any reasons, while there have been reasons listing why Q is very effective in Dominion.

Its almost as if you are simply trolling again.

As for "claims to being #1 ranked" I have never made that claim, I do not know where you get this from, the closest I can assume is that I am one of the best theory crafters in Dominion, but even then I know of several people who are better than me.

I used to level E first, back before jabebot, then I had a talk with one of the top dominion players (can't remember who exactly), who recommended I try Q first, at which point I found my effectivenes more than doubled, as its instant damage, its cooldown is amazing, and since I am building AD my HSS still hits like a brick, but now my spear does ridiculous finish them damage. Also it is inherently spammable in the first windmill fight, while if you sit still for the 2.25 seconds of E, you open yourself to all kinds of harrass from a smart enemy team.

ColdFireBeast

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
you know cdr caps at 40% right?
You know I actually address this in the passage you quote right?

Panwar

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
Well in all things take into consideration what you're able to do as a character to help yourself in the situation, but from my experience a pantheon should rarely see bottom lane, there are better AD's for that anyways. (*cough*Olaf*cough*)
Yah, it wasn't my plan to go down there. It's one of those games where everyone just moves to the top of the spawn point and says nothing waiting for someone to cave. When this happens I usually just go bot regardless of who I'm playing because I would rather deal with it, than have someone pissed off about being bot down there.

This time(as most times it seams when this happens) everybody in my group was better equipped to go bot than I was. Worked out alright though.

Redenbacher

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Also it is inherently spammable in the first windmill fight, while if you sit still for the 2.25 seconds of E, you open yourself to all kinds of harrass from a smart enemy team.
Huh?

Quote:
Pantheon channels for 0.75 seconds and deals 3 swift strikes in a cone in front of him. Each strike deals physical damage, and they deal double damage to champions.
That was in Pantheon's rework well before Dominion.

Which may be irrelevant... .75, or 2.25 seconds, you're still sitting still. Either way, that's why I max it first after the windmill fight, poke is simply more powerful, and level 2 spear is really painful poke.

inFe eD

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
while if you sit still for the 2.25 seconds of E, you open yourself to all kinds of harrass from a smart enemy team.
Are you a wizard or a time traveler? Because, last I checked, HSS channel time is a third of that. Are you playing pre-rework Panth, when HSS was awful and leveling Spear was the way to go? If so, more power to you man, and make sure you play some Gangplank while you're at it, because he was god****ed awesome back then. Deny all the things.

It ever so slightly hurts your claim that you're a top theorycrafter when you don't even know the basic numbers for a hero you're arguing about, yanno?

Also, if ya never claimed you was #1, then I'm never believing another word out of Sauron's mouth again, that filthy lying troll guy.

dazzel

04-06-2012

Got blamed for a loss because I built atma's on panth just yesterday after going legendary with him the game before, said I should have built sanguine's or thornmail instead, my thoughts are lifesteal is pretty bad on him.

Redenbacher

04-06-2012

It is, though I don't necessarily agree with the Fratma's Panth either... perhaps that's just me.

I see a lot of people grab Frozen Mallet on him, and I'd always rather have Entropy once I'm forced to upgrade the Phage. For the record, I don't find it worthwhile to rush any BF Sword items on him. If I need more defense than that, I'll build Odyn's Veil... unless of course I need armor, then Atma's kind of fits that bill assuming I don't need more CDR (glacial), or it's for a glass cannon auto-attacker (thornmail).

Quiver

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imwetoddid View Post
You should be seeing bottom lane a lot from ganking it.

Well yeah... but you know what I meant. Me and my botlane are "brother in harms."

I have to say, that to my playstyle Frozen Mallet + Atma's Imp and Maw of the Malmasomethingorotherreallylongname is my favorite build. You tank, you do damage, you reduce incoming damage by significant levels and you have utility and surprize from permanant slow and the maw shield/passive.

I think the most important thing on pantheon though is the way that he is played moreso than the item build. I can see a lot of builds working well on him, but its more the mindset that wins games.