Does my Panth build work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

04-05-2012

By no means am I high elo, but I throw two points in Q and one in W for the first windmill fight, and then max E.

Since the rework to HSS, I find it difficult to not land all three hits of HSS. It's a .75 second cast time. Your stun is 1 second. A teammate's slow is enough to land all three hits of HSS. An enemy could simply be pursuing you from the right distance, you spin around and HSS, and they have .75 seconds to get out of it, about half of which is lost in reaction time/lag.

Melvear

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
depends on how you play him. some people like to get in melee and attack too - sanguine is very good if you play in that way .. also auto attacks help refresh your blocking shield more.
While getting a few AA in is normal, you won't be constantly using them, and you will lose stacks using your abilities. I haven't tried it but I'd say if you wish to build lifesteal, you might as well get a cutlass, which would eventually build into gunblade, should you want it (You would get hp back on all your sources of damage with it).

Panwar

04-05-2012

My take on the Q vs E(and this is coming from somebody with no elo and who just bought him yesterday)is this.

I kind of agree that Q is the more consistent damage ability. As Wolf said it's easiest, most guaranteed, safest damage Pan has.

However.

If you are using your HSS you absolutely NEED it to do the most damage possible. If you are in the ****, you cannot afford to be using a lame HSS.

While if you are poking who cares, it's free damage at that point(well not exactly -who cares- but you get the idea).

Melvear

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
My take on the Q vs E(and this is coming from somebody with no elo and who just bought him yesterday)is this.

I kind of agree that Q is the more consistent damage ability. As Wolf said it's easiest, most guaranteed, safest damage Pan has.

However.

If you are using your HSS you absolutely NEED it to do the most damage possible. If you are in the ****, you cannot afford to be using a lame HSS.

While if you are poking who cares, it's free damage at that point(well not exactly -who cares- but you get the idea).
I just split level them personally. I find having either of them underleveled being sub par. You miss finishing blows with a weak spear and you deal no aoe damage with a weak hss.

Phourc

04-05-2012

Wow, I didn't realize E versus Q was such a heated topic o-O

Regardless, E can hit multiple enemies, and at my Elo at least (I know Realwolf is higher than me) I can hit 2-3 enemies at most windmill fights, and the spike damage usually causes them to back off ^^

Quiver

04-05-2012

Dont mean to repeat if its been said allready, but the reason for a Q being leveled over an E is because a full combo on an enemy will use Q twice.

(Q>W>E>Q)

While leveling E seems nice for the aoe damage, you end up getting more damage out of the Q. Especially if you take them below 15% and get to crit on that last Q.

Panwar

04-05-2012

I just ended up split-leving E and Q last game.

Reason being is that my team saw fit to send me bot and I was against Kayle. I couldn't out push her, and I couldn't immediately W at her because she stayed behind her minions, and her damage plus minions means that I would lose.

So I chose to zone Kayle by Qing her every time she got close to the minion wave. Which meant I had to level Q.

It actually worked really well.

So maybe the answer is just level which ever one is most appropriate to your game.

Quiver

04-05-2012

Well in all things take into consideration what you're able to do as a character to help yourself in the situation, but from my experience a pantheon should rarely see bottom lane, there are better AD's for that anyways. (*cough*Olaf*cough*)

Imwetoddid

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
a pantheon should rarely see bottom lane
You should be seeing bottom lane a lot from ganking it.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

I very much agree with the split leveling of them. Q is your poke and finishing move, E is highest nuke and AOE damage (Don't underestimate AOE damage in team fights). I think leveling one over the other is crippling you in an aspect.