Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does my Panth build work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdFireBeast

04-04-2012

Quote:
Zombiepirate:
........Am I trying to build Urgot?

Pantheon is an AD caster. 50% CDR would be a 100% damage boost. so 40% is slightly less than that, but yeah. It's a huge boost to your damage.

maxusmaximus

04-04-2012

Yeah i always try and max out cdr usually prospectors, ionian, brutaliser, phage, then bf or glacial/hexdrinker depending if going well or not. Frozen mallet once i have enough armor depending on where damage is coming from.

PrometheanRage

04-04-2012

for the lulz, hybrid pantheon worked for me a few times. CDR boots, guinsoo, gunblade, mallet, atma, hexdrinker is what I finished with (it was a long match). 8% cdr from runes and masteries left me at 23%, spell vamp and lifesteal was most entertaining, especially when my spear would crit.

Phourc

04-04-2012

I think pretty much everything I wanted to say was already said: get as much ad/cdr/pen as you can without being too squishy, with Brutalizer, Hexdrinker and Glacial all being extremely cheap and money efficient.

Always level E first, I know the tooltip damage looks like ****, but it does three hits in rapid succession and if you read the fine print, it does double damage to champions - it's actually your main source of damage.

RealWolf M

04-04-2012

glacial not really worth it, the mana stat is wasted as I have never had mana issues with 0 mana items.

Never level E first, its Q which is the most efficient poke

inFe eD

04-04-2012

Quote:
RealWolf M:
Hahahahaha, oh wow.

Phourc

04-04-2012

Quote:
RealWolf M:

Just going to leave these numbers from lolwiki here:

Quote:
Spear Shot:

Range: 600

Physical Damage: 65 / 105 / 145 / 185 / 225 (+1.4 per bonus attack damage)

Critical Damage: 97.5 / 157.5 / 217.5 / 277.5 / 337.5 (+2.1 per bonus attack damage)

Quote:
Heartseeker Strike:

Range: 600

Physical Damage Per Strike: 13 / 23 / 33 / 43 / 53 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage)

Maximum Physical Damage: 39 / 69 / 99 / 129 / 159 (+1.8 per bonus attack damage)

Physical Damage Per Strike Versus Champions: 26 / 46 / 66 / 86 / 106 (+1.2 per bonus attack damage)

Maximum Physical Damage Versus Champions: 78 / 138 / 198 / 258 / 318 (+3.6 per bonus attack damage)

RealWolf M

04-05-2012

spear is an instant cast skill with a gaurenteed hit, and is better to finish off enemies.

I have played a LOT of pantheon, both Q and E first (and even tried W first, not worth it by far).

E first, most of the time you won't hit all strikes, often not enough to be truly effective. The spear on the other hand allows you to throw spear and then go into the HSS.

As HSS is better strengthened thorugh bonus AD, and since spear is so much more available (you can always throw a spear, most of the time a good enemy will not let you get off a full HSS).

Should you crit with a spear, the damage is equal for lvl 1 spear + lvl 5 HSS, or lvl 1 HSS and 5 spear. But you have to land all the hits of the HSS to do the same damage. Whats more, if you look at non crit, you are sacrificing about 80 damage in total by maxing spear first. But if you were to miss ONE strike, you would be dealing more damage with spear. Whats more, spear you can throw and run away, HSS holds you in place allowing less kiting.

From experience playing against top teams in tournaments, I would strongly suggest Q first, simply because it is more effective in the level 1 fight, and if you are playing pantheon you will probably dominate at least slightly, and the HSS will get interrupted/avoided very efficiently

inFe eD

04-05-2012

I'm not going to bother listing all the reasons why E is vastly superior to Q on Dominion. The numbers on their respective scaling alone should tell you enough, and you act like HSS can be instantly interrupted and doesn't have a 6 second CD at max rank. Go ask any high elo Panth player which one they max first, because in my experience the only players who don't max E first are those who can't utilize it properly.

Itsh things like thish RealWolf ma boi, that make me doubt your claims to being #1 ranked on the Dominion ladder.

Darmival

04-05-2012

Quote:
ColdFireBeast:
Pantheon is an AD caster. 50% CDR would be a 100% damage boost. so 40% is slightly less than that, but yeah. It's a huge boost to your damage.

you know cdr caps at 40% right?

Quote:
Melvear:
lifesteal is not a great stat on panth since a major part of his damage is through abilities. I'd suggest atma over sanguine, since you already have mallet+propector's for hp. The armor will be good as well.

depends on how you play him. some people like to get in melee and attack too - sanguine is very good if you play in that way .. also auto attacks help refresh your blocking shield more.