Garen Vs. Olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janovjev

08-06-2010

I really like the hero named Olaf. He's brutal,he's fast,he's balanced...that's all I need.

But unfortunatly I don't know how to counter Garen...
My main problem is the following:
Let's say Garen and Olaf 1v1:
I buff my self before silence,he hits me with silence before I could use RS(reckless swing).
So now he starts spinning,which really destroys my HP.
After this I pretty much try to run...I know...Olaf NEVER runs at low HP,but Garen's Ult..and im pretty much done for.

Yes,I do realise 1v1 is stupid example,and I have to have atleast 1 stun for him... Just tell me how I could counter him as Olaf. I really appreciate the help,thank you.^^

Chained Icarus

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janovjev View Post
I really like the hero named Olaf. He's brutal,he's fast,he's balanced...that's all I need.

But unfortunatly I don't know how to counter Garen...
My main problem is the following:
Let's say Garen and Olaf 1v1:
I buff my self before silence,he hits me with silence before I could use RS(reckless swing).
So now he starts spinning,which really destroys my HP.
After this I pretty much try to run...I know...Olaf NEVER runs at low HP,but Garen's Ult..and im pretty much done for.

Yes,I do realise 1v1 is stupid example,and I have to have atleast 1 stun for him... Just tell me how I could counter him as Olaf. I really appreciate the help,thank you.^^
Don't worry, with all the bugs, Garen counters himself. /joke

That being said, you shouldn't ever really worry about a 1v1 with Garen. Pick on squishier targets, and engage Garen in team-fights.

Janovjev

08-06-2010

I left out a lot of things 'in the fight'...his shield...and my axe,but now that you see both skills togheter you can notice I dont know how to counter that...either...=/ Trolls go somewhere else...

hamkiji

08-06-2010

garen 1v1 win olaf for uitte

Janovjev

08-06-2010

Yes,but the reason I actually wrote this is because yesterday I had a team who were talking on vent and they were premade and wouldnt talk to me because keyboard is for 'cavemen' . So they wouldnt switch with me when I asked when I wanted a ranged against Garen(when I was soloing,because of WW). So I was pretty much got harassed into submission to tower hug...with Olaf...thats embarrasing...and i barely got gold...and I barely had gold for any good items by the end of it and that made me the 'noob' of the game,and i really didn't like that.=/

I pulled out the important stuff if you don't like reading or you're tired.

Janovjev

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamkiji View Post
garen 1v1 win olaf for uitte
Yeah,garen wins...btw whats uitte?o_O

JungleHunter

08-06-2010

What are you talking about. Olaf is like the King of 1v1 2nd to Jesus of course. But what im trying to say here is Olaf is a beast in a 1v1 situation. If you can't beat Garen in a 1v1 either you don't know how to play him or you got your item builds wrong.. and besides if Garen ult keeps killing you go buy a Force of nature for magic resistance. Start the fight with the Vampiric thing and then followed by mass spamming of wreckless swing. And when your hp hits lets say... 40% activate your ultimate and keep using your wreckless swing and vampiric lifesteal that should easily finish him.. and if that doesn't do the job ignite him..

Sunsoft

08-06-2010

Generally in teamfights it's best NOT to focus on garen, If he has gone tank then he is little threat, focus on the squishier champs as Olaf first, though 1v1 against him I find it best to build Armor Pen items (I.E Brutalizer -> Yoomuu's) If you have any form of lifesteal then Garen really will not win a 1v1 against Olaf, though he is going to be tough to take down.

Chained Icarus

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janovjev View Post
Yes,but the reason I actually wrote this is because yesterday I had a team who were talking on vent and they were premade and wouldnt talk to me because keyboard is for 'cavemen' . So they wouldnt switch with me when I asked when I wanted a ranged against Garen(when I was soloing,because of WW). So I was pretty much got harassed into submission to tower hug...with Olaf...thats embarrasing...and i barely got gold...and I barely had gold for any good items by the end of it and that made me the 'noob' of the game,and i really didn't like that.=/

I pulled out the important stuff if you don't like reading or you're tired.
Thanks for the bold words. It's how I passed high-school. Skimming.

Yeah, that's just a bad situation and shouldn't be a norm. That wasn't your fault as a player there, that was your teams fault for refusing to adapt to a situation.

SilvisLaws

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Get ignite and the E skill to the max. Nuke him when he has no shield. Trow axe's to stop him from healing. Get mallet fast. Play smart and you can at least hold the line.