Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can anyone poke holes in this argument?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CamPaine

04-09-2012

TT has a lot less elements to account for. You have less core objectives, and you have less hidden data in the form of the enemy. If one is accounted for, you only risk a position of 2v1 compared to if 4 are mia. There are many more factors to consider, which may make it seem like it's chaotic, but in fact is more organized and much deeper.

SavageWolves

04-09-2012

Riot balances this game around 5 v 5 SR. As such, the number of champions that are good on TT and Dominion are limited by their balancing in SR. For example, who wants Tryndamere and Lee Sin on TT and Rammus on Dominion.

Btw, what is your friend trying to accomplish w/ his "arguement?" It's not as if that would convince anyone to abandon SR to go play TT.

Maybe rage that his queues take so long because their aren't as many players interested in playing TT?

DeathsAdvocate

04-09-2012

But in threes one screw up or one bad player and your done. Its all about how well you can win the small fights, which take alot of skill since you cant just focus someone down with a team. You have to quickly gank or push and be the superior fighter, in either the solo or the duo. And you need map awareness on threes just as much since ganks come so much faster, someone that is mia for literally 3 seconds and you could be trapped. And the man stated that as a good thing, escaping 2v1 is possible if you get caught, but without perfect map awarness it will be to late since they happen so fast. Were as in 5vs they dont happen as fast, and if your whole team isnt contributing wards/awarness and you do get caught by 4 people there is just no chance at getting away...unless your nyan cat nidalee luls.

Right there are less objectives, its centered more around the fights them selves, which was the majority of the argument. And thus why the two maps really cant be compared, the meta, and the game play are so vastly different.
Your absolutly right balances are for sr...which makes me so sad, i think tt should at least get as much attention.

The man did not deny the amount of skill required to play 5vs, he was just trying to defend tt....yea he took it way to far and exaggerated alot, but if you take out the arrogance/ignorance and troll bits, its not a terrible argument in the defense of 3s, rather then the anti 5vs propaganda that it comes off as.

God i wish there were more tt players.

Wanton Havoc

04-09-2012

your friend is 100% correct. summoner's rift is a waste of time and take's no player skill, just team coordination. which is why it's a favorite in 5v5 teams and tournaments because they teams can communicate. However TT and Dom are clearly superior to SR for solo queue Sorry but I have no arguement against your friend because I believe he is right!

DeathsAdvocate

04-09-2012

But yea...TT-individual skill/skirmishes, Sr-team cordination/coperation and composition, Dm-Tactics based chess game, **** near nothing to due with fighting, just about sending people to right spot.

All fun things, all good in their own way, and its just preference of fights, vs teamwork, vs tactics.

I just love fighting...

Sagee Prime

04-09-2012

5v5 forces you to work as a team in so many ways that 3v3 cannot compare. Even the weakest person on your team is vital for victory. If you don't work as a team your games will not last long and you will lose. Most games one team isn't working together well and thus they lose and the games go by fast. If the game is 2 hours long then both team are either very passive or working together so well that every encounter has a balanced trade.

3v3 can be won by a single player rather than the combined efforts of the team and is a dominant choice for bruisers and not much room for too many varieties of champions.

5v5 is purely better because it requires many things for success:

team work, role diversity, build diversity, time, team success (rather than individual success), higher map awareness, higher importance of objectives, etc

Viscosity Factor

04-09-2012

Quote:
One everyone just stays in there lane and nothing really happens...

there are these giant ass gank squads that are stupid, thats not tactics having 5 people bum rush one person is freakn retarted

1: No junglers in low elo make laning rather stale.

2: No wards and no mia calls in low elo make you vulnerable to 5 man ganks

If you can't follow what's going on in a big teamfight, that's your problem. Good players can.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that your friend only plays 3's and mains Tryndamere or some other champ who's godlike in 3's but gets shut down in the bigger teamfights of 5's.

DeathsAdvocate

04-09-2012

I still disagree with higher map awareness, its just about your team warding in 5vs, in 3s some one can cut you off in literally 3 seconds, 2 if they are shaco or someone who can jump inner wall.

And right 5vs is all about the team work which is all good in its own way, but i like showing how good my skills are, or seeing how good my buddies skills are. I prefer the individual success and skill to the team work. And of course there is plenty of both in both maps, but one tips the scale on both maps. Thus why they really cant be compared.

My argument, is i would like to see more people playing off there skills, rather then there ability to work together. But that is the difference between us the fans of both maps...sadly i think this thread may be over.

Mainly 3s needs to get some more love from riot so its community can grow to equal the size of sr, i implore everyone please visit this thread and upvote it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1742976

Tsarius

04-09-2012

A note about TT's jungle: Are the two buffs up top random? If both teams have a jungler, does it just boil down to who can 1v1 better or has an ally who can hop the wall nearby to help? Both of these seem like rather serious issues if the answer is yes....