Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can anyone poke holes in this argument?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durandral

04-05-2012

I personally dislike TT tremendously. I often played 3v3 premades back in the day with 2 of my friends. However, I realized how silly it is. Characters like tryndamere who can jump over the walls and attack your nexus defeat the "skill" required for the game. Close TT games are decided by certain characters where in SR, not one champ can win the game. Yes, there are champs that can carry the team but honestly, I feel like that is more easily done in TT than anything. It is rather frustrating to play TT.

SR is just far superior. Yes, one may get more frustrated with it especially because of incompetent teammates but there is a lot more strategy in higher level play, When it comes to map size, it is just perfect. Complaining about it is does not make much sense since the space is required for the jungling and ganking aspects of SR. Also, it takes much more planning since ganks, dragon, baron, etc. are important aspects of winning the game. I think the best part the team fights because understanding what to do in the chaos is skill. For example, whenever I see a Katerina on the other team, I try to play Riven because her Ki Burst disrupts Kat's ult; thus, removing much of her damage output. Therefore, in teamfights, I save my Ki Burst for Kat when she uses her ult. If I don't do that, Kat will melt through my team. Situations like that make me enjoy SR so much more and the emphasis on positioning is fantastic. Being ganked by the entire enemy team is normally your fault. You most likely are out of position at that point and not paying attention to the map. All in all, I truly believe SR is fantastic. I've simply outgrown TT and realized how problematic it is.

By the way DeathsAdvocate, there are a lot of good points made here so far. To say only one person has made a legitimate argument is ignoring much that has been said.

Haen

Recruiter

04-05-2012

It sounds to me like I'm not good enough to play 5s so I play 3s. I don't know, I can target people just fine in a large scale team fight. Matter of fact, poor focus is frequently a reason people lose team fights.

Other than that a lot of the other points are horribly overexagerated and make the rest of his argument weaker. 2 hour games, 20 minutes to get back in lane. Stop being a drama queen and lay out legit arguments.

The reason people don't play TT is that the game isn't designed for 3v3. It will never be as competitive a mode because the number of viable champions is cut due to how the game is balanced.

As for the rest, don't want to get 5 man ganked, map awareness and wards. I don't care how many you want to throw at me because I'm already gone by the time you get there and now my team got a free dragon or turret because you sent everyone up at me. There is so much counter play in SR. Enemy sends their whole team one place, steal map objectives on the other side of the map.

Tiklmesilly

04-05-2012

So i have a very legitimate argument that not even 3vs player fans have yet to argue. Allright so to start off this part no one even trys to dispute, the games on the 3vs map last way to ****ing short...who the hells wants to play the 12 **** games for in only like 2 freakn hours. Secondly the map its self is the issue...its TINY! Having a map that small is awful it forces you to buy boots and take things like flash it takes no time to get anywhere, if you have to go back to base...gona take 5 seconds to get back out there. The size of the map really really takes away from the game play. And now due to the size of the map one of three incrediably lame things happens every 3vs game. One no one just stays in there lane and just ganks and the game takes even less time then usual. Two there are these giant ass gank squads that are stupid, thats not tactics having 3 people bum rush one person is freakn retarted. In other maps you can get away from 4 or 5 people, but there is just no escaping from 2 or 3 of the op champs used on TT its silly. And lastly There are these tiny ass team fights were there is allmost no skill involved because there is nothing much going on, everyone just kinda spams there abilities and whoever gets focused dies. The team fights on that map are just to chaotic to really take true skill, and this just takes away from the game play. And again due to the size of the map you cant really organise any kind of tactics its just to small to do anything smart...other then those giant ass gank squads full of OP TT champs which i allready explained are not tactics they are just dumb. So it boils down to 5s takes way more skill in the individual fights and really shows ones individual skill level, as well as having a map that you can actualy plan things out on. Dominion takes the cake for mediocrity, nothing else can compare to the lack of tactics required to play dominon. So whether your interested in a tactics game, a game of skill, or a little of both 3vs is no the map for this. Not to mention if you never want to have the game end 3vs is also ****.

So really what im saying here is...3vs is for noobs who dont grasp tactics, and have no skill in fighting. I am not a noob, are you?"

I edited out cuss words because I forget if they're allowed here or not. Good luck. (also, ignore typos, it was done over an IM system)

Tiklmesilly

04-05-2012

ok so trolling aside your friend just doesn't understand the tactics in SR. IMO 3vs is more about what champs you pick then any thing else. of course there are tactics for every thing. the map could be a giant open circle or a narrow hallway with nothing in it and there will still be complex strategies.

but arguing that SR doesn't have tactics because it is too big just makes me think your friend is an idiot.
also the reason people dont argue this with your friend is because the idea is too dumb to waist your time with.

WickedArts

04-05-2012

Quote:
Tiklmesilly:
your friend is an idiot.
also the reason people dont argue this with your friend is because the idea is too dumb to waist your time with.

Agreed

DeathsAdvocate

04-05-2012

like?

BlueBit9

04-05-2012

I honestly don't want to waste that much time tearing apart some argument that he thinks is rock solid. I will point a few things out in case you or your friend still believe the argument is so good that people actually can't argue against it (What you think the reason is. It's probably not correct. It's like saying a crazy, homeless guy is right whenever he talks just because someone doesn't want to waste their time arguing with him.) First off, 4 or 5 man gank squad? There are consequences for every action and sending your whole team to gank one individual across such a "big" map can lead to falling behind if you fail. Furthermore, the enemy team would have most likely notified their teammate, and you're basically allowing the rest of the enemy team to free farm, so you better make it count. Also, the map is so big that you can't organize any tactics, and you can't do anything smart? I will tell you that this game doesn't really require much intelligence, but it does require coordination, which leads to tactics, so there goes that empty argument about no tactics out the window. The team fights are also not that chaotic. Everybody has their roles and need to position themselves accordingly. You should advise your friend not to charge in and expect his teammates to follow because that leads to an uncoordinated team, which I guess would be "chaotic" and lead to "spamming of skills". If he's not charging in but still find a couple of spells going off too fast for him, I can't help much for your friend's slowness. Like I said, I don't want to spend too much time on this, and I'm done with my lunch. Thanks for the laughs though.

WeasuhL

04-05-2012

Not even worth replying to..downvote and move on..watch pro gameplay not your level 20 solo q garbage.

Khorpong

04-05-2012

your friend is god **** moron.. nothing in his statement makes any sense... it does NOT take 20 minutes to walk anywhere... ganks are part of the game... same in TT, it takes map awareness. he didnt mention the buffs or objections... he doesnt know what hes talking about at all.

DeathsAdvocate

04-05-2012

Well hes clearly exaggerating, and exaggerated or not they are valid points. Buffs/objectives are on every map.