[Guide] Vladamir - Free is Always Best

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asellia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Okay, first off, lemme put a foot...head.. note sorta thing. This is my first guide, i'm still very new to the game too, my friend helped me come up with this build, she deserves most of the credit even, i'm just posting it. I'll try to keep it short and simple.

The main Focus of this build is the Spell Vamp, it allows you to regen all of the health you used on your spells in the first place. Thus "Free is Always Best", and it can even heal some extra.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
High Survivability thanks to Intense Healing when dealing damage (Spell Vamp), and extremely high damage.
Easy kills, awesome slows, and overall good in team fights, as well as one of one, and one against more (Though, too mnay is still unsafe, as it is with most characters)
Capacity to Tank (Due to being able ot heal damage taken, and high health total) as well as get many kills.

Cons:
The only one i've noticed is, it's not good for taking out turrets. Attack Damage is extremely low, but you can get kills quite easily.

Masteries:

Code:
Offense:
3x Deadliness
3x Archmage's Savvy
4x Sorcery
2x Offensive Mastery
1x Archaic Knowledge
1x Burning Embers
3x Brute Force
1x Sunder
2x Lethality
1x Havoc

Utility:
3x Preservation
1x Haste
2x Awareness
3x Good Hands
Okay, Basically, what's going on here is, we have masteries for Health Regen, Cooldown, Leach, and Basic damage increase. The reason for the Critical related ones was mainly because I didn't see any other masteries better then those, and I needed to reach Havoc. Overall, the main purpose of all these, is to provide varying advantages on the same character, with limited weaknesses. We have the damage to help with the item build below, it'll make you heal up easily. We also have some to help with the spells we choose, one will make us gain AP when it's on cooldown, another will make the other cooldown faster, and work better.

Runes:
Code:
Marks (Red): Greater Mark of Insight(Spell Pen)
Glpyh (Blue): Greater Glyph of Insight(Spell Pen)
Seal (Yellow): Greater Seal of Focus(Cooldown Reduction)
Quintessence (Purple/Brown/Ect): Greater Quintessence of Fortitude(Flat Health)
For the runes here, what I basically was trying to accomplish was things to make the Spell Vamp work better, and things to cause more damage overall, and I think I succeeded. Basically, the Spell Penetration ones are useful because mainly, you want to use your abilities, not your autoattack for the most part. These allow you to do considerably more damage, as if you weren't doing enough already. The cooldown reduction is great as well, it takes his already EXTREMELY low cooldowns (at least at level 5), and makes them even lower! And finally, the flat health gives him more starting health, as well as AP due to his passive.

Spells:
Code:
Ignite and Ghost
The spells here are simple, ghost can be used to Chase, as well as Flee. Ignite is used for finishing the kill in many cases, and is overall very, very useful.

Skills:

Code:
L1 - Q
L2 - E
L3 - W
From there on, Priority is R is Most Important, Q is Second most important, then E, then W.
The Skills here I thought were obvious choices, but i'll explain anyways. Transfusion's cooldown lowers the higher level you get, or so it seemed (Maybe it's my runes). It also does amazing damage, and heals you by default. With the builds healing via Spell Vamp, it heals an insane amount, and does huge damage thanks to the AP of the build. The Ulti itself increases the damage of our skills, even for Ignite and Hextech Gunblade's active I believe. The W, basically, I only use it mainly for an easy way to slow, and do a bit of damage. But in most cases, at least early on, you have it to flee. So you only really need one level of it. Finally, the E. This is maybe my favorite in some situations, but not all. It does huge damage to all enemies around you, this also means you heal huge from all enemies around you with the item build. It's cooldown (Especially with runes) gets REALLY, REALLY fast. So you can pretty much spam it with no cost to health thanks to build. It's damage is less then Transfusion, but is also AOE. It heals you so much with the item build, too.

Items:
Code:
Finally, items, this is where this build differentiates itself from others, from what i've seen.  Build order is:
Amplifying Tome
Hextech Revolver
Boots level 1
Sorceror's Boots
Hextech Revolver
Hextech Revolver
Will of Ancients
Rylais Crystal Scepter
--
In any order:
Hextech Gunblade 2x
Zhonyas Ring
The Overall Item Build, is something my friend Eria Sol helped me come up with, it was mostly her doing. I'm sure it's questionable for many "Hardcore" players, but it works VERY well, at least in the matches I play. Basically, we start by getting a Hextech Revolver ASAP, this gives us some attack damage and AP (Er, may just be AP, ill check and edit once I look again! Sorry guys), which in turn gives us even more health. Not only that, it gives us Spell Vamp, which makes first of all, our outrageously fun Transfusion spell, heal us for more. On top of that, it makes our other spells heal for some too.

Moving on, we buy the Sorcerer's Boots, as they give even more Magic Penetration, increasing our ability damage, which in turn increases the spell vamp's healing effects. Then, we purchase another two Hextech Revolvers, and then finally buy a Will of the Ancients. This gives great AP, as well as very, very nice spell vamp. By now, we're healing all, and more of the cost of our spells, if we use them to damage (I say this, because if you use Sanguine Pool to escape, you wont regen the health). This means as we deal damage, we're healing a considerable amount too. On top of that, our Vlad will have -great- HP, and great damage. Making him capable of nuking, AND tanking all in one build.

Finishing up, we get Rylais, to make his AOEs, and transfusions SLOW the enemy (even more so with Sanguine, I believe), as if we weren't deadly enough. IT also gives more AP, meaning even more health. It also gives straight health, meaning even more ap. At the end now, if we haven't won or lost b y now, we'll purchase 2x Hextech Gunblade, and 1x Zhonyas ring, in any order. I like getting the Gunblades first, because the Active really helps with getting the kill (And to my knowledge, when Hemoplague is active on them, it'll do extra damage.).

Play Guide
The overall playstyle of this build can be defensive, or aggressive, though I really prefer aggressive. It just works so well with this build. With the amount of Spell Vamp, and the items we purchased, getting kills is extremely easy despite the target, you just need to watch out for extremely high burst damage. If it occurs, flee, and recover, maybe on minions, maybe at nexus. It's up to you. What I like to do, once I have at least up to Rylai's, is to first move in, and use the E move. This'll slow everyone in the area, and do amazing damage. Following up, I use Sanguine Pool offensively, it costs a bit of health, but as we move under them, it slows them for our teammates a -LOT-, and regens the health we used, as well as do pretty good damage. It even heals you some extra, in most cases. Following up, if it's usable at the moment, I use Hemoplague on the enemy, and use Transfusion and the E as much as I possibly can. If I have a Hextech revolver, and my Ignite isn't on cooldown, ill use ignite, and if that wont kill them, finish them off (With bonus damage from Hemo, I believe) with the Hextech revolver active.

Overall, there's been very few fights i've been in where I couldn't get at least one kill, and the survivability of this build is absolutely amazing. Extremely high HP, and you heal a great amount when doing great damage.
Credits:
Code:
Myself
Eria Sol

Krian

08-06-2010

facepalm.

Asellia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krian View Post
facepalm.
Maybe you should try being a little less constructive next time; you helped so much, it's practically your build!

Fiddle

08-06-2010

I see a build, whar be the guide

Asellia

08-06-2010

I thought they were the same thing; I apologize, is there a way to edit the title?

It's pretty obvious anyways though. Use Ulti, spam moves.

Doowa

08-06-2010

sorry, but if it's so obvious, why the guide?

No offense, but tbh, yes, I think you should edit the title. Unless you plan on bringing more information, strategies, ideas ect. ect. to the table. Maybe try looking at some of the other well written guides on the forum and you'll notice a huge difference.

Asellia

08-06-2010

Guys, I updated with lots of information, for the um.. "Guide" aspect. I hope it helps, and you like it. For the playstyle part, that's where I detail how I get my kills, in most cases. The overall method works great in team fights, and one on one equally. Even when outmatched.

Muthatrucka

08-06-2010

Yea, sorry I'm with the consensus, this a mediocre attempt @ a guide.

Firstly that build is not good, your rune book is laughable as well. I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not going to pat you on the back for a bad guide/item list.

You get rylais late.. ur survivability is where??? don't tell me hextech, or even will of the ancients, what a waste of gold.

Hextech sucks, here's why. 10% spell vamp only works on ur life drain, sure maybe you get a little extra heal, but I'd pick a Leviathan, or Mejai's any day over a hextech, if you cannot stay alive without 10% extra spell vamp your doing something wrong as vlad is actually a well balanced champ unlike many of the others riot's recently put out. Back to the Hextech, the 3.3% spell vamp from your aoe spells is everything you have but (Q). thats a joke, using you (E) while lanning correctly eliminates the need for extra healing.

Mejai's, Any boot you want but zerker greaves, Rylai's, (if you're a super killer get a leviathan also, 32 hp per stack gg...) Haunting Guiest, Guardian Armor, ** always buying elixir of brilliance, cdr + ap is win. [ but to be honest i dont like two snowballing items leaves to much up to chance)

Runes: mark - mag. pen / seal - hp per lvl / glyph - cdr / quint - flat hp

your usage of cdr as seals is a bad idea, they are .29% or so while glyphs are .65% (DOUBLE THE VALUE) and aside from the .95 red magic pen marks, unless you plan un running magic pen quints the others are not valuable enough.

But as always to each their own, maybe that works for you, but I don' recommend it, nor have I seen any god Vlad's out there running that.

Asellia

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthatrucka View Post
Yea, sorry I'm with the consensus, this a mediocre attempt @ a guide.

Firstly that build is not good, your rune book is laughable as well. I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not going to pat you on the back for a bad guide/item list.

You get rylais late.. ur survivability is where??? don't tell me hextech, or even will of the ancients, what a waste of gold.

Hextech sucks, here's why. 10% spell vamp only works on ur life drain, sure maybe you get a little extra heal, but I'd pick a Leviathan, or Mejai's any day over a hextech, if you cannot stay alive without 10% extra spell vamp your doing something wrong as vlad is actually a well balanced champ unlike many of the others riot's recently put out. Back to the Hextech, the 3.3% spell vamp from your aoe spells is everything you have but (Q). thats a joke, using you (E) while lanning correctly eliminates the need for extra healing.

Mejai's, Any boot you want but zerker greaves, Rylai's, (if you're a super killer get a leviathan also, 32 hp per stack gg...) Haunting Guiest, Guardian Armor, ** always buying elixir of brilliance, cdr + ap is win. [ but to be honest i dont like two snowballing items leaves to much up to chance)

Runes: mark - mag. pen / seal - hp per lvl / glyph - cdr / quint - flat hp

your usage of cdr as seals is a bad idea, they are .29% or so while glyphs are .65% (DOUBLE THE VALUE) and aside from the .95 red magic pen marks, unless you plan un running magic pen quints the others are not valuable enough.

But as always to each their own, maybe that works for you, but I don' recommend it, nor have I seen any god Vlad's out there running that.
Honestly, me and my friend (Eria) were just expirimenting when we came up with this. It's probably not nearly the best, and probably isn't enough to win tourneys and ****, but, I play casual games, and so far, it's worked REALLY, REALLY well for me.

The spell vamp on the AOEs isnt huge, but when you get all the items up to Rylais, its MORE then enough to heal for the cost of spell, and extra. The Rylais, itself, isnt needed. Nor are the hextechs, or anything. The hextechs are there, because they give Spell Vamp (For what I just said), as well as AP (Which means more HP).

I don't know, Im sure the others may be better, but I like this one, because well, I partially made it, and my best friend helped, and at least for me, it's been working EXTREMELY well. I took out a Ryze and Kog'maw at once, they were full, and I had 100 health, it wasn't like they were missing and **** either, I was just doing so much damage, and regenning so fast they died before they could get me.

It seems to work for me, so I thought i'd share it. I'm not a competitive player, I play nromal games, but all the same, I play for fun. So, I do expirimental builds, ect.

Just maybe give it a try, see what you think, before puttign it down before trying it. I'm sure it'sn ot the best, but at the very least, you can probably have some fun with it.

Also, i'm unsure what you mean about the runes, entirely. The Cooldown seemed like enough, my E had a 1.3 second cooldown (or 1.5 maybe), and the Q had a 3-4 second roughly. On top of that, with the two Magic Penetrations, eve nwithout the quins, I was able to do (with the full build, except Zhoinyas) around 700 damage with my Q, 450 with my E, and I could spam them like all hell.

FF1WhiteMage

08-06-2010

Muthatrucka, may I point out a few flaws with your own build? Or items you use for your build, Leviathan, and Meija are really luck dependant due to relying on your partners abilities, and skill level, therefore are usually bad items unless you know you're winning, now anyways, I know you say snowballing items are a bad idea, it is also a first attempt for a guide, you may want to say different but if you are either on TT or Laning due to someone else being a mid character a dual stack on will of the ancients is -very- effective, none the less hex-techs do make you weak early game, but you have tons of survivability due to you having about the same effect as a zhonyas ring with just a bit over the cost, with 30% spell vamp, not to mention due to you being able to now use your E to gain health rather than to lose it, you don't worry about spamming everything you have in team fights, it makes you very valuable as a player.

I'm sorry to sound like I'm smashing, I've used this build a good few times and simply I've beaten out about anything I've went against due to -Massive- damage, it's not just a base full on hey do it always build, if they are stacking pen, grab one void staff and you should be fine or a haunting guise, rylais can come sooner, depending on how you farm or how much survivability you need but in all essence with the masteries I'd been using on Vladimir during the time he was free I did exceptional with him.

Also a complaint to the survivability, I had went up against another vladimir who had build tankwise and ended up with more AP, and more health by end game and could outdo him in team fights due to being able to use -everything- constantly.

Edit : I forgot to mention Hemioplague's 5 seconds with 20% Extra damage to the enemy stacks with that spell vamp, we're also testing the chance of gunblade being able to smack a 360 instead of a 300, due to the slow you also could combo on a Sanguine pool finish with your combo and ignite~.