The new lady announer sucks

Yes 22 44.90%
No 27 55.10%
I want to turn the announcer off no matter who it is 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

New Announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coleman

10-22-2009

I think the latest lady announcer is the best one yet.

Derceto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

She is SEXY SEXY SEXY I LOVE HER SO MUCH!

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

IMO this is not a "hero-killing" game, this is a battle game where heroes die sometimes. The difference? The approach to the game. If u want a fragfest then ofc the lady doesnt fit. If u, however, look at the game as an epic, mystical battle in a fantasy world, then maybe it's not that bad.

Now, personally I really dont like the new announcer, the previous one was so much better IMO. However, I think if this was to at least be map-dependant, or an option for players to select/turn off, it'd be much better overall.

The Hye Circus

Senior Recruiter

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
This has definitely proven to be an issue that cannot be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
The community is truly split.

There are three camps that pop up in every one of these very plentiful threads.

1. The people who want a 100% rip-off of the Unreal Tournament announcer or something very close.

2. The people who want something new and original, or anything but the UT announcer's style.

3. The people who've given up on the fighting of the first two camps and suggest that the champions do their own announcements in their own voices.

No one's right, no one's wrong, it's all very subjective.

That being said, I think the new female announce is far and away the best of the ones I've heard so far.
The issue can easily be resolved to everyone's satisfaction - you just provide an option to choose the voice actor you want. I seem to remember that feature in another game...

McBeard

10-23-2009

The lady is good. When she tells me I'm on a rampage, it gets me in the mood to rampage a little harder.

Shingro

10-24-2009

I like this announcer, it fits the game far far better as a whole

Kawaii Jeshi

10-26-2009

I miss the "owned"

;(

PizzaGal

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzer View Post
I miss the "owned"

;(
as annoying as tf2's "OVERTIME"

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

10-29-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzer View Post
I miss the "owned"

;(
If you had told me I'd read that on the forums a few months ago, I wouldn't have believed it!

We definitely hear and understand your guys call to have multiple announcers you can choose from. We want it in game just as bad as you (it would certainly make the audio teams life gravy) but it's sadly a feature that's harder to implement than it might seem.

That said, it is well on our radar. And with that said, please keep pushing for this feature and other features you'd like to see! The communities voice will really be shaping the future of this game.

TrickyCat

10-30-2009

Then add me to the list of pushers. I think it'd be a great addition to toggle which announcer you prefer (or disable them completely.)

I understand it's probably more difficult than it seems, which probably means it'd be great to have it added!