The Judicator's Chambers (Ask Kayle)

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskTheJudicator

07-18-2014

Running swiftly through the halls of the Institute a young Junior Summoner raced onward, his cape fluttering furiously behind him. Looking obviously tired, the kid's cheeks wewre bright red from then run, and his breathing was slightly on the heavy side. Nevertheless, he continued to maintain his quick pace as he reached an ornate, fashioned wooden door. Inscribed on the door were the following words -

Kayle
The Judicator

Knocking on the door with a trembling hand, the boy waited for a response. Kayle was by far his favourite champion of the League, and sending him on this assignment was really a reward of sorts. However, his idol did not respond. Trying again, the boy knocked, albeit this time far louder. After he didn't get a response from that either, gathering all of his courage he shakily turned the handle and stepped through.

Upon entering, his eyes were set again a quite spaced out room, about the size of a dining hall. There was little to be seen around on the ground in the way of furniture - a simple wooden table that served as a desk with a chair, and a few chests scattered around against the walls with no real pattern, containing god knows what. There were also several doors around the chamber which lead to rooms like Kayle's bedroom, etc. However, by far the most impressive thing about the room was the ceiling. Stretching out far into the skies, the ceiling almost disappeared from view. Up there, some wooden planks were set out in a specific pattern, and at first you might have mistaken them for support beams. They were, however, landing pads of sorts, used by the Judicator herself when she was flying in her chambers, which is exactly what she was doing now.

Whizzing past in circles, Kayle had her arms spread round as she breathed deeply, savouring the few moments that she had to herself. Her mask was off, lying alongside her sword on one of the planks as she flew past the wooden beams with masterful precision and elegance, her hair blowing softly away - a truly magnificent sight to behold. Such it was for the Junior Summoner, who gulped deeply as he watched, entranced by the intricate flying patters.

Suddenly noticing the onlooker, Kayle came to an abrupt halt, staring down at the boy with obvious irritation. At first she thought about flying over to retrieve her mask, but such behaviour would only cause her to look childish and accomplish nothing since the damage was done - whoever he was, that person had seen her face, ad there was nothing The Judicator could do about it, although she would exchange a few harsh words with the Summoners after this. It's not that she was afraid to show her face to anyone nowadays - although back in her world she rarely took of her mask. It's more that she didn't like being intruded upon, which is exactly what this person has done. Speaking up, Kayle's sonorous voice carried across the room, the echo giving it an exaggerated tone of intimidation.

"Who goes there?"

Suddenly remembering where he was and what he had to do, the young Summoner fumbled around his robe, until he finally retrieved a white envelope, holding it up as high as he could for Kayle to see. Now, the Judicator decided to fly over to collect her helmet and blade - holding the blade in her sword arm, and tucking her helmet underneath her other arm, the woman dropped down to land elegantly in front of the Summoner. Placing her mask on the table behind her, she towered over him with a frown across her face, speaking in an irritated tone.

"What is the purpose of you coming here? I thought I agreed with the Summoners that no-one would disturb me during these hours."

Gulping loudly, the Junior Summoner handed over the letter to her, his arm shaking heavily. As Kayle opened the envelope, he tried to explain it's contents.

"It's... I-I't's v-very im-important. A-About an Ask... Ask, Ask P-Program..."

Unfolding the letter, Kayle turned her back to the Junior Summoner as she read it's contents carefully, muttering to herself. During that her snow-white wings fluttered slightly, which Kayle didn't seem to notice, as a single feather fell from them onto the ground. Gulping again, the young boy's cheeks turned slightly red as he took a risk, and dived to the floor to pick up the feather before stuffing it hurriedly into his robe. Luckily enough, The Judicator didn't seem to notice.

"Public assimilation program... Answer questions from people... Accept visitors..."

Frowning to herself, she considered the Ask Program in her head. On one hand, Kayle wasn't an especially social person, although she didn't mind company at specific times - times she herself chose. However, this didn't mean she would welcome a flood of strangers coming in to ask her about her favourite drink or whatnot. On the other hand, this was a request from the Summoners, and it seemed like there wasn't too much Kayle could do about it. It could also prove quite intriguing. Folding the letter back up, Kalye handed it to the young boy.

"You can tell your superiors that I agree to take part in this... 'Program', of theirs. Now please leave me."

Nodding his head in assent, the boy scooped up the letter and hurried out of the room with his prize. Watching him go, Kayle sighed as images of children no younger than him flooded her mind. Countless boys and girls, all corrupted beyond any help, and all falling under Kayle's flaming sword. What can cause such young, pure souls to become so tainted?, she wondered. Lifting her sword up, Kayle looked at her reflection in the shimmering gold. Ah, but I cannot worry myself with such thoughts. I am the Judicator, and my aim is to bring justice, no matter how ugly it is.

Leaping gracefully into the air, Kayle used her wings to propell her jump as she landed neatly in her chair. Crossing her legs, she sat back comfortably, waiting for the first visitor.

((Hello, everyone! I'm Rossendale, and I will be taking up the mantle for The Judicator! I do not mind people sending lettters to Kayle, as well as visiting her, though all visitors are warned - I reserve the right to burn any troublemakers, trolls or annoying bigots to a crisp. That being said, have fun!))

BloatedBile

07-18-2014

dear kayle,

what do you like to eat in valoran?

-bb

AskBloodHunter

07-18-2014

Dear Kayle,

Breakfast of champions?

- WW

AskTheJudicator

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear kayle,

what do you like to eat in valoran?

-bb
"Dear BB,

Although food in my world doesn't differ very much from the food here in Valoran, I have found myself growing a preference for the many various types of fruit and vegetables that grow around here. I've especially enjoyed the taste of ripe apple, although other sweet fruits such as pears also please my taste buds.

~The Judicator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBloodHunter View Post
Dear Kayle,

Breakfast of champions?

- WW
"Dear Warwick,

I don't have an actual fixed set of foods that I eat at certain times, and will usually eat what is available to me on the spot. However, I always try to get my hands on a bowl of vegetable soup when I can - it provides a very filling and healthy meal, which is essential for me in order to remain in the best condition. The tainted wrongdoers of this world do not rest, and I must take great care to preserve my strength.

~The Judicator."

ask the crows

07-18-2014

((Trouble maker hear. However I think you'll find I have some very persuasive words against burning me. Worst comes to worst I won't get to talk to you.

Love your intro BTW.))

Late one night Kayle heard something from high above. A croaking voice. It says in what is sounds like a wispier that can be heard from far away the voice stutters like one that is in fear or pain, "Kkayle, Kayle. Kayle. Hhhelp. Help me."

Tyrant Swain 2

07-18-2014

A letter arrives for Kayle, bearing the Seal of the Grand General of Noxus. With the letter are some nice vanilla candles. When Kayle opened the letter, it read as follows:

Dear Judicator

Or would you prefer Kayle? I feel Judicator is more appropriate here as I would like to thank you for all you have done for Valoran and Runeterra as a whole. Even when your sister joined with the League, it was still your choice to join them and since you have proven yourself an excellent judge and continue to show a great deal of Neutrality that I respect. I would have sent your armor or something I think would be more appropriate than Candles but... I am sure whatever armor exists in Valoran, your people's crafting is far superior.

However, I would like to ask a personal question, if I may? Do you have any specific plans going forward? I find it hard to believe you will only serve the League for a Thousand Years and nothing else.

Forever Strong
Jericho Swain

Ask The Sentinel

07-18-2014

A simple letter sealed with wax printed by the old signet of the house of Durand was awaiting the Judicator's perusal.

• Kayle, The Judicator,

In Demacia, criminals are very rare. Our system of laws has ensured safety for our populace, morality for our armies, righteousness for our nobility, and justice as best as our judges can dispense it. From the first day of a child's birth they are as expected to learn to practice Demacian law as they are to breathe, eat, or sleep. The essence of our laws is so important that when I was created, it was one of the first things ever instilled in my mind.

Yet, you are judge from a place far, far away. You dispense justice according to laws which I do not know, and that interests me. For one as I, brought to awareness fully sentient and knowing the rules of my city-state, I have always had a difficult time understanding the code of others not of Demacia.

As a judge, a Judicator, there can likely be few as competent as yourself on the laws of your people. Since I could not ask you to write a paper on the topic for a dusty golem such as myself -or likely expect it to ever be written- my question is this:

What is the essence of your laws, the overarching concept that the rules and regulations for your people are based off of?

Sincerely,
    Galio, The Sentinel's Sorrow

Ask kog maw

07-18-2014

A few knocks could be heard from someone knocking on the lower part of the door, Kog`maw for once had decided to visit someone, so why not start with his fellow champion called Kayle?

Fae Lulu

07-18-2014

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.
1.) Use the Forum Enhancer Kit to help improve your forum experience by offering avatars, multi-quotes, picture and video embedding, and most importantly let you search through all your posts and threads to help you keep up to date on replies..
2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player), Kameil (onedudething), or any of the other 35+ people to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Completely optional though.
3.) Don't forget to explore around the RP Forums. Branch out and say hi to your fellow champions, and get them interested to want to RP with you more.
4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

A wooden figurine of Silver Kayle would fly into Kayle's room, carrying on her back a large (almost double her size) letter of purple....only one person could create such a toy or such a letter.

As the doll lands on Kayle's lap / head (depending on if she is sitting or not), she would hand the glitter-ridden letter to the real judicator and await a response.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kayle.jpg (1.09 MB, 14 views)

AskTheJudicator

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask the crows View Post
((Trouble maker hear. However I think you'll find I have some very persuasive words against burning me. Worst comes to worst I won't get to talk to you.

Love your intro BTW.))

Late one night Kayle heard something from high above. A croaking voice. It says in what is sounds like a wispier that can be heard from far away the voice stutters like one that is in fear or pain, "Kkayle, Kayle. Kayle. Hhhelp. Help me."
((It's okay - By troublemaker I meant the sort of people who could come along for a visit just to try and piss Kayle off, or just troll around like that.

Also, thank you <3))

Waking up suddenly, Kayle sat in her bed as she listened intently to the noises. They were coming from the main chamber of her quarters. That was strange - as far as she recalled, Kayle was the only one who held the keys to her rooms, and she made sure to lock those up every night. Frowning slightly, Kayle went over to don her armor which was leaning on one of the walls near her bed. When she was done putting on the full set, including her helmet, she stepped through to the main room of her home, gripping her sword tightly. Softly rising into the air, Kayle flew upward until she was at the level of the lowest wooden beams that criss-crossed the upper parts of the ceiling. Calling out, Kayle's voice echoed in the darkness.

"Who's there?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
A letter arrives for Kayle, bearing the Seal of the Grand General of Noxus. With the letter are some nice vanilla candles. When Kayle opened the letter, it read as follows:

Dear Judicator

Or would you prefer Kayle? I feel Judicator is more appropriate here as I would like to thank you for all you have done for Valoran and Runeterra as a whole. Even when your sister joined with the League, it was still your choice to join them and since you have proven yourself an excellent judge and continue to show a great deal of Neutrality that I respect. I would have sent your armor or something I think would be more appropriate than Candles but... I am sure whatever armor exists in Valoran, your people's crafting is far superior.

However, I would like to ask a personal question, if I may? Do you have any specific plans going forward? I find it hard to believe you will only serve the League for a Thousand Years and nothing else.

Forever Strong

Jericho Swain
Opening the letter, Kayle raised an eyebrow at the vanilla candles that were attached to it. Taking one in her hand, she sniffed it gently before putting it down with the rest.

"Dear Tactician,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your gift, however I assure you that it wasn't necessary. As for my name, I do not mind whether you call me Kayle or The Judicator, although the latter is more of a formal term.

About my servies to Valoran... What else can I say but thank you? I did what I had to do in order to save my people from my fallen sister, and noticing how your world was also plunged into disorder and chaos, couldn't help but try and bring order back in any way I could. I also thank you for appreciating my neutrality, although it isn't such a hard feat for me simply because I wasn't born into your world, which means I wasn't born into your prejudices and grudges. Demacians, Noxians, Zaunites - all of those are the one and same type of people to me. However, I do assure you that when handing out justice, I always strive to make my decisions based on the purity of men's hearts and souls, and the stain of sin on their hands rather than their nationality.

As for the personal question... I have not actually thought about this too deepy, to be honest. My service to the League is far from over, though even if it ended, I don't think I would cut all contact with Runeterra - I have too much unresolved business to deal with on Valoran, such as the disappearance of Reginald Ashram, and the lingering threat of my sister on this world.

~The Judicator."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Sentinel View Post
A simple letter sealed with wax printed by the old signet of the house of Durand was awaiting the Judicator's perusal.

• Kayle, The Judicator,

In Demacia, criminals are very rare. Our system of laws has ensured safety for our populace, morality for our armies, righteousness for our nobility, and justice as best as our judges can dispense it. From the first day of a child's birth they are as expected to learn to practice Demacian law as they are to breathe, eat, or sleep. The essence of our laws is so important that when I was created, it was one of the first things ever instilled in my mind.

Yet, you are judge from a place far, far away. You dispense justice according to laws which I do not know, and that interests me. For one as I, brought to awareness fully sentient and knowing the rules of my city-state, I have always had a difficult time understanding the code of others not of Demacia.

As a judge, a Judicator, there can likely be few as competent as yourself on the laws of your people. Since I could not ask you to write a paper on the topic for a dusty golem such as myself -or likely expect it to ever be written- my question is this:

What is the essence of your laws, the overarching concept that the rules and regulations for your people are based off of?

Sincerely,

Galio, The Sentinel's Sorrow

"Dear Sentinel,

You are indeed right - being the Judicator, I am the sole upbringer of justice in my world, and I possess a great deal of knowledge on the laws of our lands. In fact, I was present when these laws were first written down, intended on bringing order and peace to our lands.

Our laws work in a similar way to yours. Everyone is expected to pledge their allegiance to our government, and work hard for the good of our society. However, unlike in Demacia we only teach those laws to children when they've reached a mature age. Maybe this was our shortcoming.

As for the essence of our laws, they are based on the principle of every individual swearing to try his best to be good towards his fellow people, as well as putting their workload into making our nation function. Selfish desires and grudges are to be cast away, and everyone should be working together as a contended, peaceful society. Unfourtunately, some among us thought of these regulations as shackles, and determined to win their so-called freedom back waged war on us, the upholders of law and order, destroying the peace that we worked so hard to maintain and threatening to throw our entire world into a claos of bloodshed and hatred.

~The Judicator."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask kog maw View Post
A few knocks could be heard from someone knocking on the lower part of the door, Kog`maw for once had decided to visit someone, so why not start with his fellow champion called Kayle?
Kayle was sitting by her desk, sorting out through all of the letters that she received. After agreeing to join that whole Ask Programme, her mailbox was literally flooded with letters from all sorts of people, even her fellow champions. Her helmet was lying on the floor, next to the desk as reading with it on was especially unpractical. Hearing the knock on her door, Kayle flew over gently to her front door and opened it. Looking down, she noticed her fellow champion, Kog'Maw, standing in front of her chambers.

"Hello there. Is there any way I can help you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae Lulu View Post
((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.

1.) Use the Forum Enhancer Kit to help improve your forum experience by offering avatars, multi-quotes, picture and video embedding, and most importantly let you search through all your posts and threads to help you keep up to date on replies..

2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player), Kameil (onedudething), or any of the other 35+ people to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Completely optional though.

3.) Don't forget to explore around the RP Forums. Branch out and say hi to your fellow champions, and get them interested to want to RP with you more.

4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

A wooden figurine of Silver Kayle would fly into Kayle's room, carrying on her back a large (almost double her size) letter of purple....only one person could create such a toy or such a letter.

As the doll lands on Kayle's lap / head (depending on if she is sitting or not), she would hand the glitter-ridden letter to the real judicator and await a response.
((Thanks ))

Kayle was currently in the middle of putting something into one of the many chests that dotted her room. Standing up, she noticed the small figure flying towards her, and raised a surprised eyebrow as she saw a tiny miniature of herself wearing one of the alternative garments that the Summoners had her fight in. Looking up as the figure landed on top of her head, The Judicator scooped it up and retrieved the letter, crossing over to her table. Sitting down, the woman sat the little figure down as she read the letter, and took a piece of paper and her quill in order to make a reply.

"Dear Lulu,

My wings used to pose a problem like this when I first joined the League - over in my world, we tend to sleep on soft clouds, which would form around our wings and create a very suitable bed. However, on Runeterra this is obviously impossible, and I found myself struggling to fall asleep. Fourtunately, the Summoners turned out to be very accomodating and provided me with a divet soft enough to form around my wings like the clouds back home, so my sleeping problems have been resolved.

As for my flaming sword... I'm sorry to say that I was, and remain unable to teach this technique to anyone else. Mostly this is because the 'technique' is tied to the sword itself, it's not merely a trick that can be replicated with any sort of weapon. However, do forgive me when I say that even if teaching this trick, as you put it, to you was possible, I would refuse to do so. My flaming sword is not something that can be used simply to mess around with. It's primary use is to smite the wicked people of this and my own world, and being justice to those whose souls have been tainted.

~The Judicator."

12345 ... 11