Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IS TWITCH A GOOD CHAMP?

YES 26 22.22%
NO 22 18.8%
SITUACIONAL CHAMP. 69 58.97%
Voters 117 .

TWITCH is viable or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CRITICAL ACE

04-02-2012

He is OP or UP?, why ?

Compared to other champions he is ... ?

Why twitch isn't in competitive plays ?.

Is he a GOOD or a BAD jungle?.

Would you use him in a solo qeue ?.

GaryHo123

04-02-2012

Slightly underpowered, but viable. Compared to other ranged AD carries, he is probably the weakest, but once he gets 6 items, he has the highest damage potential of any AD carry. He'll hardly get 6 items though, if played in a duo bot lane as he will get denied. Most people don't know this, but Twitch shuts down a lot of champions in top lane. He's not seen in competitive play, like Shaco because he's primarily a pubstomper - he will wreck disorganized teams, but can be shut down completely against coordinated teams. In the jungle, he has an average clear time, but is pretty fragile. His ganks are amazing. Yeah, I'd use him in soloqueue because he absolutely wrecks disorganized teams, like most teams in solo queue are.

Twitch is stronger than most people give him credit for.

cycostinkoman

04-03-2012

Situational, but I'd say every champion is. He's strong, and expensive to play against.

You see a lot of bad players choose him, so he gets a bad reputation. "I STEALTH AND NOBODY CAN HURT ME HUEHUE."
" LET ME UNSTEALTH IN A GROUP OF 5 OF THEM SO I CAN KILL THIS ONE DUDE"

But he is scary when a good player uses him.

Crazyflames

04-03-2012

I would say he's UP unless your oponents line up for you (in which case most champions are going to be OP). Twitch is squishy once revealed but with proper site ward placement of your own you can deny the enemy a bit of gold by destroying their wards without them seeing/destroying yours.

AWildRaticate

04-03-2012

Like someone above said, he's great against disorganized teams... but it really depends on the team comp. Twitch is just not very viable due to the fact that the meta is tanky dps heavy right now. If you're up against a squishy team with just A tank you can pick them apart. His kit is really pretty solid, with the slow and the DOT passive, and a fully stacked expunge will wreck a carry in the early game. However,yeah, that tanky dps is the bane of his existence. Anyone like Xin, Lee Sin, or really just anyone who is somewhat heavy with consistent damage will look at Twitch as a free kill.

Case in point: I once played a game as Twitch where the only tanky person on their team was Jax and I picked up 2 triples and a quadra. Their Shaco would die in two hits and they had a tendency to be in a single file line, which makes Twitch's ult OP as balls. I've also played a game as Twitch where their entire team was tanky dps and I don't even think I got a kill, just got wrecked all day.

Then there's the whole oracle's thing... If someone gets an oracle's, it's pretty much gg Twitch, though it is possible to just play him as a regular ranged carry and only rely on your stealth for the speed steroid. He's just not ideal since his success relies more on the lack of skill of the enemy, instead of benefitting from the skill of the player.

Best Zod NA

04-03-2012

Quote:
meta is tanky dps heavy right now

Tanky DPS Twitch in the jungle is surprisingly effective and strong. Atmogs works hilariously well on him.

Dmillz89

04-03-2012

Play him and decide for yourself?

CRITICAL ACE

04-03-2012

i have been playing him, and lost most of my games..
and i dont think (in my opinion) i got outplayed, i think the champ is really UP since he only has 1 natural way to scape and he really needs early feed to keep up to the enemy's carry..

Keeperofstars

04-03-2012

jungle twitch using oracles = crushing blow to other team.

Key is twitch sadly needs to get early game oracles, but when he does he knows where the sight wards are and removes them then wanders off, forcing their team to all invest in oracles, or tons of vision wards which get expensive for anyone.

Played a few games with an amazing twitch. He did jungle, bought oracles early, came to mid to act like ganking but really just wanted to clear the vision ward, came back 3 minutes later and ganked mid no problem. Did same top a few times, and got double on bottom.

And no the enemies weren't dumb they all had oracles near end of game cause twitch was chewing them alive. But it didn't matter at all, cause he would be invised behind us let our team start the fight, then he would walk up / into the fight and unleash, by the time they could react they were all dead. Sure most of our team bit the bullet, but twitch kept getting feed and they literally ran out of money for oracles, after each of them bought about 4 oracles they just couldn't keep farm up enough to keep buying them. End game they were cussing that out of the 12k they each averaged they all had spent about 2k + in vision wards and oracles.

Ive yet to see any tanky dps with a shot at beating twitch in a 1 on 1, he just does so much damage so quickly. Once again twitch is a huge ganker but you need positioning and vision wards screw you, unless you get an early game oracles and keep it. At that point jungle twitch just stomps even organized teams. But your team needs to know twitch is squishy and needs protection, aka he can't just run up and start a fight in the middle of 5 people. He needs to sit back and use ult to fire nuclear rockets at targets and then his expunge nuke at the end of it all for massive damage.

Rajaï

04-03-2012

Twich is situationnal, imo Twich is made for jungle because of his easy gank.

But he is a carry wich mean a hell lot for a jungler, most of the jungler can't really carry a game I mean they don't need a lot of gold to be strong but their potential is not as high as Twich at end game.

So you will need early kill I mean you will need a kill when you are lvl 2-3 because you will desperately need boots, and madred.
You will have to farm gold everywhere you can because jungle monster don't give you a lot.

Jungle with twich mean that your team has a lot of CC because when twich uncloack he doesn't have escape mecanism.

So you will need :
1- a good laning partener that will allow you to make your kill ( because wasting time for gank when your laning partner doesn't know how to act when you gank kill your jungle )
2- a lot of CC in your team (to escape enemy damage) (you will be the public enemy number one )
3- a hell lot of gold