Best support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sukinato

07-01-2013

I prefer sona, but i want to know which one is the best

alaskaneagle

07-01-2013

I'd like to say me but I'm sure the guys playing in the tournaments are much better than I am. I still try though and I'm motivated to get there

JungHai0

07-01-2013

-_- He means Champions. And to answer the OP, Congrats on plying support! There is no best support, but Sona is a great choice.

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

There is no single best support in the game because each of them have their strengths and weaknesses. However, the three that seem to be in the best place right now and are most picked at high level play are Sona, Janna, and Thresh. That doesn't mean they are absolutely the best supports in the game, but it's somewhat indicative of how powerful they are comparatively.

Oh, Blitzcrank and Nami are also fairly popular as well.

someKILLJOY

07-01-2013

I really like Janna and Thresh. Janna becomes a great support if you know how to use her.

Watercat

07-01-2013

As a support main i would say Thresh is the "best" just due to overall reletive powerlevel

MadManAdnan

07-01-2013

To new players, pick taric, he is a very easy support to learn and is very viable, he has a hard, non skillshot stun, a heal, armor aura, damage aura and he has his own damage available. Taric can also carry your adc with the stuns, he can sustain greatly and disengage greatly.

TehomCD

07-02-2013

There's a huge number of viable support champions. Even aside from the ones tagged as support, a number of champions that are often seen as mid or toplane champs can be played as supports to some degree of success or another, like Lux, Morgana, Elise, Zyra, Fiddlesticks, etc. Basically the key is that as long as you don't need to farm in order to have a strong impact in teamfights, you're pretty much good to go.

After that, it just becomes based on what your team needs and what synergizes best with your AD carry versus what you're facing in bottom lane. Sona is one of the safest/most generic choices due to working well with anyone. Lulu and Thresh are similarly pretty safe. Someone like Leona, on the other hand, while very powerful for killing the hell out of people is a poor choice with an AD carry with a weaker laning phase, like Vayne, Ashe, or Kog'maw.

My personal favorite support champions are Sona, Zyra, Thresh, and Taric, while I'm trying to suck less with Nami, Janna, and Lulu. What I pick is all based on what the team comps look like. I often play Soraka with friends who are much newer to the game than me, since they're so inexperienced at trading/doing all-in fights that I have no choice but to play passively anyway.

Time Gambit

07-02-2013

Taric is clearly the best support. To think otherwise would be outrageous.

Hiryuu16

07-02-2013

Taric is fabulous, but Sona is strong and fairly easy to pick up. Thresh, Janna and Lulu take more practice, since they rely on skill shots.