Champions for low ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAdmiral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero ff View Post
May I ask a question, what is ELO? i mean like how can i know what my ELO is?
It's a measure of progress when you play ranked. Low ELO means you have been losing more than winning, high ELO means you are winning more than you are losing. If you play ranked, you'll be able to see it in your ingame profile.

About Nasus - I have him and I feel like it's very easy to get shutdown solo top and get denied to farm, is there an "ideal" way to play him?

Also Nidalee, AP or bruiser build for low ELO? I don't own nid but don't all her abilities basically scale off AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore Gecca
You have to have a champion that can do everything. Engage, tank, and blow up any squishes.
Basically this.^

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

- Singed is great solo top IF you aren't counter picked. If they have a ranged top champ, don't pick him. Never pick him prior to their solo top pick either.
- Nasus is a solid top pick if you aren't counter picked. Never pick him prior to opponents top pick
- Sejuani is a stellar jungler if played properly. Even if your team can't set up for decent ganks, you can make your own ganks with her CC
- Blitzcrank is just like Sejuani when jungling. You make/set up your own ganks.
- Alistar is a solid jungler also making his own ganks. A flash alistar gank spells death for the enemy.
- Volibear can be done well, but I think he's too weak in lane. Jungling he has OK ganks, but there are more viable choices to carry a team.
- Kennen - Can go top or mid, his ultimate changes the game, one teamfight at a time. Just make sure to coordinate with your teammates who to take down first.
- Lee Sin/Olaf/Udyr - Strong junglers, strong solo tops, good ganks with some CC/gap closers. Solid tanky picks that can take some hits and pack a punch.

Basically there are a LOT of different champions that can carry you out of ELO hell, you just have to learn how to tailor your playing style to your team, babysit those struggling, and help them in lane often. So you're mid and bot is getting decimated, fake like you're backing and gank bot. Most mages have big burst/CC and you should be able to take them down once or twice just fine.
So you're solo top and your mid is struggling? Same thinking. Support and mid is struggling? You get the idea.

If you're a good player, its more important to save your teammates and get a few assists while feeding them than it is to stalemate farm your lane. You lose your tower before they do? It's k bro, there are plenty of other towers and your team is now stronger than theirs. After a teamfight, you take 2 towers/baron and it all pays itself off.

Edit: So you have some questions about Nasus. Lots of champions counter him up top early game making it difficult to farm up his Q. The best way to get good at Nasus is to learn how to farm under a turret tbh. If you can farm under a turret, then you will be able to farm more effectively without taking harass in lane. Always pick him AFTER the enemy has picked their solo top, otherwise he gets worked. Garen, Caitlyn, Teemo, Fiora, Riven, Wukong among many others destroy him and make it quite difficult to do any farming. Another thing, Sheen should not be an early item. It helps with farming, but honestly the ~80 dmg or so that it adds to your hits will not be the game-breaker. If you're good at farming your Q, it's more important to go for sustain in the form of MR/Armor. If you're laning against an AD, something like Glacial Shroud will be MUCH better since you'll get defense, mana, and CD for your Q farm. Trust me, it's a beautiful thing.

KROTANK

04-03-2012

Blitzcrank is a definite 20 min win, if you can play his grabs well.

Early game Blitz is a major threat, his Q + E combo can pin enemies down, and is devastating to any squishy. Once you have an ult, it just furthers the amount of damage you can dole out in burst, and with even an unskilled ad/ap champ in your lane, you're guaranteed to get a kill if you can land a grab or two.

If you play blitz well enough early game, you'll feed a carry and make yourself quite powerful; I find most of my kills as bllitz come mid-game, when I'm leading the enemy champs by 1 or 2 levels. Drive them into the ground at that point, and there's not much they can do.

That, and blitz's tankyness + boots of speed rank 3 + his W make him incredibly fast (and durable); you rarely have to worry about being chased down and killed.

The only drawback is blitz can't carry - if you find yourself getting all the kills on your team as blitz, you'll really have to bust your ass midgame to ensure that you beat the enemy team before their carries inevitably catch up by endgame.

iTziLLiRL

04-03-2012

AP sion, carry yourself too 1500 elo np. if played proper

Zerthai

04-03-2012

A great champ to carry with is tf mid. Play him ap. Win your lane and then when 6 you can then assist your allies in any lane. He makes a game very difficult for lower elo players because of his ability to show up in any lane at anytime. Not to mention 2 second stun on a 5 second cd is pretty good. Best way to get out of elo hell is to assist your team mates and tell them when to go to objectives.

ZeroOfTheRequiem

04-04-2012

I don't know how reliable it is, but on the forums in other threads i've heard that Xin can dominate low elo

FrightSlip

04-04-2012

Kogmaw, Nuff said.

iAdmiral

04-04-2012

I'm very interested in AP sion top - seems like it would be viable to dominate low elo. You have high survivability with your shield, stun, AoE and squishy killing ability.

Twisted fate is also interesting, could definately dominate mid and other lanes with his ult.

Blitz - not so sure. He can be awesome but I'll save him for a bit higher elo - atleast once I get back to 1200.

I play kogmaw a lot but he's not the type of champion I'm looking for.
I'll experiment with xin aswell and see what happens.

What do you guys think about annie mid? She seems like someone that can demolish every teamfight if you go slightly tanky - RoA, Rylai, Rabadon.

SweetSheets

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdmiral View Post
I have three champions in mind - are they viable for destroying low elo games?
-volibear
-singed
-nidalee
any good?
I feel like these champs can't get ganked, can dominate solo top, and roam and kill potential enemy carries. Am I right?

You are right for the most part.
Nidalee is great.
Voli if you are a practiced volibear player.
Singed is easy to counter (Last Whisper/Void Staff) but strong at low E-Lo's.

However for a solo top,
I strongly advise Morde, as he can often times take up an offtank and damage role, and his ult turns a 5v5 into a 6v4 easily. Most successful strategy I've had though, is to try and qualm any team disputes, and try and prevent people from fighting. If you are level, have a solid plan of action, and everybody is relaxed and just ready to play a good game, the experience will go much better, and everybody will play at their prime.

Not to mention he doesn't need an escape (aside from multifaceted ganks) because of all the damage mitigation he has. Top, if there is a creep way that he can build shield off of he can easily 2v1 the jungler and top solo for a double kill by level 3.

With that being said, good luck!

BeeCoy

04-04-2012

Bruisers are usually really good. You can't rely on your team to do well at that elo so it's really rough to carry when you stack damage and no defensive items and your team doesn't know how to peal and all that. So i would say Tanky Dps (Bruiser) would be your best bet. Riven, Olaf, Lee Sin, Renekton, Mord, Udyr, etc. Escape artists are also very good at that rating. However, you should just play what you are good and comfortable with because counter picking isn't really too huge at that rating.