riot, what a joke at times.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadHatter93

2 Days Ago

Seems to me that riots about to loose a good portion of its community. Doesn't really surprise me though. With them doing nothing to prevent toxic trolls and the people who have connection issues getting reported more then the people who actually try to loose this game. it's bull****. When riot says don't play when you know you have connection issues. How the **** are you supposed to know you have connection issues. Just because i get lag at times doesn't mean i'm not going to play. Riot and some senior members really need to start using some common sense or they are about to loose some serious members.

Verideathul

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter93 View Post
Seems to me that riots about to loose a good portion of its community. Doesn't really surprise me though. With them doing nothing to prevent toxic trolls and the people who have connection issues getting reported more then the people who actually try to loose this game. it's bull****. When riot says don't play when you know you have connection issues. How the **** are you supposed to know you have connection issues. Just because i get lag at times doesn't mean i'm not going to play. Riot and some senior members really need to start using some common sense or they are about to loose some serious members.
Have you seen the new ban waves? Have you heard about the up and coming system to ban toxic players from ranked? Have you heard that chat restricted and ranked restricted players will be ineligible for season rewards?

You should really do a few minutes of research prior to this kind of post making.

MadHatter93

2 Days Ago

you should really not be an ass when posting. Kinda surprised you are a senior member. Its called the right of free speech. i can say what i want.

Verideathul

2 Days Ago

Quote:
you should really not be an ass when posting. Kinda surprised you are a senior member. Its called the right of free speech. i can say what i want.
The title of senior member means nothing. It means that I have posted 100 times. As for your right of free speech, that only applies to being punished by the government when speaking in a public forum. Here, we are in a private forum. I have the right to post my opinion on yours as well, although I was just asking you if you've heard of their latest measures and suggesting for you to do a few minutes of research...just like the research you should probably do into the right of free speech. We are, as long as we are on this forum, bound by Riot's rules.

MasticatingGrill

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Note that your thread has not been deleted.

However by some margin or other, more people on the forums have disagreed with you than agreed.
Simply put you have gotten warnings before and from your OP you are currently banned.

The server side is not perfect, but you're only Leaverbanned because YOU need to fix something.
....or because you just tend to rage and quit games too often.

Pandademic

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Is it irony when an ass calls someone else an ass? Either way, good riddance, no one's gonna miss you, or the other toxic players who'll be joining you.

powerbats

2 Days Ago

Quote:

Freedom of speech exists to protect you from the government passing laws that restrict your rights to express your thoughts on public property. It " prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances." It has no bearing on riot since not only is Riot not the government but is a private entity as are it's servers. So n other words you have no freedom of speech on Riots servers, forums or property and by agreeing to the TOS/EULA you agree to be bound by their rules.

The 1st Amendment also has certain restrictions on it in relation to things you can't say such as you can't stand on public property and incite violence or overthrow the government etc. You should really go read up what the US Constitution actually says.

PrivateBaldric

2 Days Ago

Allow me to pose you a question OP. How do you propose Riot find out how you lost connection to the game? Before you answer that you have to do so in a way that can't be abused by trolls.

As it stands there is no reliable way to know what caused a disconnect.

So to counter this the system has a built in leniency to account for sporadic events such as emergencies, hardware failure, ISP outages, loss of power and so on. I think you get the idea.

The leniency is finite. It can be used for anything listed above as well as rage quits, afking intentionally, running in circles in the fountain and so on. You can save it for absolute necessity or squander it on toxic behavior. Once exhausted however the system starts issuing warnings followed by bans.

The key about leniency is occasional issues. If you are having consistent enough problems to make it all the way to warnings and bans means you are not having occasional reasons to leave.

As such when you queue for a game knowing you are having consistent issues you are knowingly risking ruining the game for other players. I ask you how is that fair to the rest of the people you queued with? For the record reports of AFK do not go to or interact with LeaverBuster. It is an entirely separate and automated system.

You speak of common sense but your post shows you have not employed it. The LeaverBuster system is designed with a reasonable if not hefty amount of leniency specifically for those with occasional need to go. If you choose to queue without addressing your connection issues then you are at risk for trigger LB. How is that the fault of anyone but you?

If you can show a better way to handle the situation that can't be abused by trolls I'm sure Riot would love to hear about it. As would we all.

In the mean time if you are having consistent ISP problems I would advise calling them directly to see if it can be sorted out. If its hardware perform basic maintenance. If you feel the need to test do so in custom games. LeaverBuster is disabled for custom matches.