What's the deal with people in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiroHigu

2 Weeks Ago

I've started playing ranked and I'm noticing there is always one really bad team. If I happen to be on the bad team, every single lane loses, my team becomes super negative, and my team tries to surrender at 20. If I happen to be on the good team, I usually get a ridiculous KDA like 9/0/1 and my opponents rage quit by 15 minutes.

Honestly, I don't get it. When playing normals there is obviously a better team, but the gap is never that huge. So what's the deal with people in ranked?

Verideathul

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroHigu View Post
I've started playing ranked and I'm noticing there is always one really bad team. If I happen to be on the bad team, every single lane loses, my team becomes super negative, and my team tries to surrender at 20. If I happen to be on the good team, I usually get a ridiculous KDA like 9/0/1 and my opponents rage quit by 15 minutes.

Honestly, I don't get it. When playing normals there is obviously a better team, but the gap is never that huge. So what's the deal with people in ranked?
I don't think your thread has been responded to yet because 1) your other threads and 2) this is more of a theory question than anything else. I can only theorize as to what the "deal with people in ranked" is and cannot definitively give you an answer. So thus I give you my theory:

I think that people are easily frustrated in rank because what matters to them is their LP overall. If you spend 4 hours playing rankeds with a 50% win rate and only get a net gain of 4 LP, I would imagine that you would not be pleased with that result. It may even feel like a waste of time or that the system is flawed in some way. Many people take the phrase "being in their proper league" as a negative thing when it's meant to be positive; if you're in your proper league, it means that you have people of a similar skill level to play with and learn. Even if you only gained that 4 LP, you really learned (hopefully) more about the game, what to do, and how to do it. Some people just have lost that sight imo and focus more on the +4 LP than actually trying to learn from their mistakes or progress.

Of course, that's just my perspective.

Mars Ragnarok

2 Weeks Ago

The ranked system is equipped to deal with unprepared and poorly skilled players. That's what the lowest ranks are for.

alaskaneagle

2 Weeks Ago

A LOT of the fault is with the seeding system. It has more to do with a lucky seed than finding were you should be placed to learn/improve/rise. It is constalntly putting people in S1-3 that belong in B3-5 and vice versa. So you have a huge amount of people rising and falling that hold each other back.

Also I'm beginning to think riot failed at their matching system and to compensate for not being able to make good matches they match winners with such bad losers that it's nearly impossible to rise anyway. It's gotta be much easier to just sabotage a team than put an equivalent team together of proportionate skill.

Momokinz

2 Weeks Ago

people in rank get easily butthurt -> raging quiting/trolling/feeding

these people who get butthurt easily should not play rank if they put they're emotions over everything else because it ruins the experience for them~~~

TheShadowWalkerX

2 Weeks Ago

and what if you're a good player meshed with all of those said players... no amount of skill can truly carry you out of bronze unless you're a pro korean player.