When are you ever going to do anything about the trolls. feeders and afkers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizmogearbob

2 Weeks Ago

I am not saying that I am the best player in the world. If I were then I would be a on a pro team and not in Bronze "H!#$".
The reason it is Bronze "H!#$" is because in at least 30% of my games I will have some combination of the following;

1) The person who is trolling and telling everyone that they are going to intentionally feed and
then that is what they do. example, my most recent game with a 2/12/2 Warwick who was stating
that he was mad at another player in the game with us.

2) The people who afk for whatever reason. If your internet is unstable then why are you ruining
ranked games for others. (had an afk in my most recent game also, he was claiming high ping,
I think it was just because the Riven was beating him.)

3) The toxic people who for some reason do not understand that being toxic and not helping the
team looses games.

4) The intentional trolls who do not tell you that is what they are doing but when you watch the
replay of the game you notice a pattern of them attacking wrong targets or running at key
moments in team fights so that you loose.

The last one is a really hard one to do anything about and it is usually people who are really good on their main account and they created a smurf account to troll the bronze players becuase they think it is fun to ruin someone else's day.

The easy ones to find are the ones who promise to troll or feed in game.

My question is easy, why doesn't Riot care enough to do something about those people. They make things so unpleasant for the rest of us playing that I am beginning to question why I continue to play this game.

PrivateBaldric

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
My question is easy, why doesn't Riot care enough to do something about those people. They make things so unpleasant for the rest of us playing that I am beginning to question why I continue to play this game.
The massive ban waves that have been going out all month contradict this statement. It is not a problem that can be eliminated. It can only be managed.

You are welcome to believe they do not care. Their actions show otherwise.

themaddscientist

2 Weeks Ago

When are you ever going to stop using your allies as an excuse for your own inadequacies? If you cannot control them, then why are you allowing them so much control over your emotional state? Yes, it is bad that there is so much nonsense in this game, but this game will never be completely troll-free, and random accidents happen that cripple or disable our internet happen all the time. It's a shame when it happens, but realize that it happens on the enemy team, as well, even if you can't see it or don't remember it, and that you should be focusing on what you can control: yourself. If you really want away from those trolls, work towards getting that higher rank instead of expecting them to solve their own problems. Based on your LoLKing and extended match history, this is what I find.

1) You may have been dragged down by your allies in one of your games, but you have been carried in another. Though you claim you got dragged through the dirt on your most recent Ranked match (I can't confirm it because I can't see it on the match history for some reason, and LoLKing isn't giving stats of the other players), you got carried by your team in this game. When I was in ďelo hell,Ē I had a similar experience where I played a really great Ezreal game. Nothing could stop me, I was doing damage left and right, escaping death by a thread, but we lost because the enemy ChoíGath got fed (literally) and snowballed harder than I did. Yet, I always failed to mention the 0/10/10 Alistar game I had less than a week later where I got carried to a victory I donít deserve. You might have lost your game that you deserved to win, but youíve also had games where you didnít deserve to win. What goes around comes around, and if you're consistently performing better than your allies, over time you will end up in the right place. I honestly don't know how you've been able to maintain that win rate with Xin Zhao while simultaneously doing less than stellar with him.

2) Youíre dying too much. I cannot stress enough how important not dying is, so Iíll let gbay99 explain. Granted, that video was back when deaths were more meaningful, but even now, death is something that can cause a lot of issues for you. These are all the bad things that happen from your death.

The enemy gets 300-450 gold off of your corpse, potentially more factoring in extra gold on assists and shut down gold
You are thrown into the death chamber, where you can do nothing to make up the difference
Your enemy is now able to starve you of gold and experience by pushing to your tower and letting the minions you would otherwise last-hit die against the turret
If you are in the jungle, you spend less time ganking and helping lanes that are struggling
If itís late game, the team fight is now stacked in the enemyís favor unless you managed to take down a high-priority target on your way out
There are too many bad things that happen as a result of your death, which is why itís commonly said that when in doubt you should back off. Taking a risky tower dive could get you a kill, but it could also give your opponents exactly what they need to get back on their feet and fight you off. In order to alleviate this, start learning to play more cautiously when you fall behind, and to take the safer objective rather than the juicier objective. Baron could be nice, but if the enemy team has a chance of stealing it or killing you off of it, just take the turret if they can't easily defend it.

3) I don't agree with one of the decisions you've made with regards to your rune pages. Kudos for having more than most, but I don't think scaling health seals are necessarily the right way to go. Let me explain why, apart from a few scenarios such as a jungler taking scaling magic resist, flat runes are usually preferred. The early game either is the most important part of the game for low elo, or in higher elo sets the stage for how the late game will play out. Scaling runes can definitely help you later on, but they make it harder to gain a lead on your enemy initially. If they beat you somehow, no amount of scaling runes will ever be able to beat an enemy if they have a core item up on you. Since you are in low elo, winning the early game is everything, so I would suggest replacing your scaling health seals for flat health or flat armor.

4) There are a couple of issues with your build that stand out. On your games with Maokai, apart from your boots, you are building almost all health. I understand wanting to take advantage of the passive on Spirit of the Ancient Golem, but that is excessive. There is no one statistic that is the end-all be-all for tanking, it usually requires a mix of things in order to actually curtail what the enemy throws at you. In this game, especially, Tristana was able to completely nullify all of that gold you spent on health by building Blade of the Ruined King, and because you didn't have any armor to mitigate that, it's no surprise that she got as fed as she did.

Also, your games on melee bruisers are showing a common trend, especially on Xin Zhao and Renekton: you're building too much damage rather than durability. There is evidence that you're building some durability on both of them, but in the case of Renekton it's too little too late, and on Xin Zhao it's only after you've gotten your butt handed to you often enough to where you had to buy durability. The reason Renekton is seen as powerful is because it only takes one damage item, usually Ravenous Hydra, along with a lot of durability, to be a tanky menace while still outputting a lot of damage. By building glass cannon for the first 10-20 minutes of the game, you are giving up your greatest strength for the purpose of more damage you won't end up using. Your Xin Zhao games are worse because you're building Trinity Force. I understand that it deals "tons of damage" and all that fun stuff, even the store says it, but that doesn't mean it deals tons of damage on every champion. Xin Zhao can't proc Sheen very often, most of the movement speed is useless if you're forced off of the target, it doesn't offer enough attack damage to actually hurt them significantly, and attack speed is one of the worst things you can build on bruisers. Xin Zhao can get up to targets, but after his jump is gone, he has no way of sticking to them, so all it takes is a good stun to prevent you from using your high gold investment, and because you have no durability, you're unlikely to survive the process, giving your enemies more gold.

You're in Bronze IV because you deserve to be there. Once that you've fixed these issues up, then you might have a leg to stand on. It's frustrating when you lose matches through no fault of your own, but those are not the only matches you are having, and most of your defeats when looking through your match history are deserved.

Shlack123

2 Weeks Ago

The lack of any REAL solution to afks, trolls, and intentional feeders will always be an issue. I feel your pain, OP, because I just got demoted back to s5 after climbing to s3 because well over half the games played had some sort of troll on my team.

I have also gotten to the point where I question why I play. I can grind out several wins with real teams and then have all that work destroyed when I hit a string of 3-4 troll games. I try to climb but I always end up with more trolls than real games over a long period of time.

I'm not a perfect player, but I cannot overcome 4v5s, intentional feeders, or trolls who refuse to help the team. It's just not possible and there isn't much that can be done. It ruins the game for me.

Kelthact

2 Weeks Ago

They're never going to, they'll just keep banning the people who curse them out for being verbally abusive when it's obvious it was intentional, all hail Lyte

Verideathul

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelthact View Post
They're never going to, they'll just keep banning the people who curse them out for being verbally abusive when it's obvious it was intentional, all hail Lyte
I knew I recognized you:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4788004

Get out of here with your misinformation and your bias.

Gizmogearbob

2 Weeks Ago

The below information was quite informative and entertaining but I am confused. Either I was not clear enough in my post or you misunderstood what I was saying.
My complaint was with the people who intentionally feed and not the bad players. I do not mean the people who play badly and have a lot of deaths, I mean the people who say "I am going to feed" and then have a very very large number of deaths with very few assists or kills.

I never said that I was in Bronze because of my teammates. I stated that the intentional feeders, the ragers, and the afker's made the game no fun especially when the attitude of most of the ragers and intentional feeders is "RIOT isn't going to do anything".

I am sorry if you misunderstood my frustration and I will take a look at the comments you made to see if they will improve my play. Most of the runes and masteries I use are either from mobafire/lolpro pages or from my son's suggestions (1 is a diamond player and 2 are plat players).

I have been told that RIOT is taking a more serious look at the community and several bans have been passed out recently for conduct violations. Only time will tell if these new attempts to clean up the community will work to make the game a more pleasant experience for the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
When are you ever going to stop using your allies as an excuse for your own inadequacies? If you cannot control them, then why are you allowing them so much control over your emotional state? Yes, it is bad that there is so much nonsense in this game, but this game will never be completely troll-free, and random accidents happen that cripple or disable our internet happen all the time. It's a shame when it happens, but realize that it happens on the enemy team, as well, even if you can't see it or don't remember it, and that you should be focusing on what you can control: yourself. If you really want away from those trolls, work towards getting that higher rank instead of expecting them to solve their own problems. Based on your LoLKing and extended match history, this is what I find.

1) You may have been dragged down by your allies in one of your games, but you have been carried in another. Though you claim you got dragged through the dirt on your most recent Ranked match (I can't confirm it because I can't see it on the match history for some reason, and LoLKing isn't giving stats of the other players), you got carried by your team in this game. When I was in ďelo hell,Ē I had a similar experience where I played a really great Ezreal game. Nothing could stop me, I was doing damage left and right, escaping death by a thread, but we lost because the enemy ChoíGath got fed (literally) and snowballed harder than I did. Yet, I always failed to mention the 0/10/10 Alistar game I had less than a week later where I got carried to a victory I donít deserve. You might have lost your game that you deserved to win, but youíve also had games where you didnít deserve to win. What goes around comes around, and if you're consistently performing better than your allies, over time you will end up in the right place. I honestly don't know how you've been able to maintain that win rate with Xin Zhao while simultaneously doing less than stellar with him.

2) Youíre dying too much. I cannot stress enough how important not dying is, so Iíll let gbay99 explain. Granted, that video was back when deaths were more meaningful, but even now, death is something that can cause a lot of issues for you. These are all the bad things that happen from your death.
The enemy gets 300-450 gold off of your corpse, potentially more factoring in extra gold on assists and shut down gold
You are thrown into the death chamber, where you can do nothing to make up the difference
Your enemy is now able to starve you of gold and experience by pushing to your tower and letting the minions you would otherwise last-hit die against the turret
If you are in the jungle, you spend less time ganking and helping lanes that are struggling
If itís late game, the team fight is now stacked in the enemyís favor unless you managed to take down a high-priority target on your way out
There are too many bad things that happen as a result of your death, which is why itís commonly said that when in doubt you should back off. Taking a risky tower dive could get you a kill, but it could also give your opponents exactly what they need to get back on their feet and fight you off. In order to alleviate this, start learning to play more cautiously when you fall behind, and to take the safer objective rather than the juicier objective. Baron could be nice, but if the enemy team has a chance of stealing it or killing you off of it, just take the turret if they can't easily defend it.

3) I don't agree with one of the decisions you've made with regards to your rune pages. Kudos for having more than most, but I don't think scaling health seals are necessarily the right way to go. Let me explain why, apart from a few scenarios such as a jungler taking scaling magic resist, flat runes are usually preferred. The early game either is the most important part of the game for low elo, or in higher elo sets the stage for how the late game will play out. Scaling runes can definitely help you later on, but they make it harder to gain a lead on your enemy initially. If they beat you somehow, no amount of scaling runes will ever be able to beat an enemy if they have a core item up on you. Since you are in low elo, winning the early game is everything, so I would suggest replacing your scaling health seals for flat health or flat armor.

4) There are a couple of issues with your build that stand out. On your games with Maokai, apart from your boots, you are building almost all health. I understand wanting to take advantage of the passive on Spirit of the Ancient Golem, but that is excessive. There is no one statistic that is the end-all be-all for tanking, it usually requires a mix of things in order to actually curtail what the enemy throws at you. In this game, especially, Tristana was able to completely nullify all of that gold you spent on health by building Blade of the Ruined King, and because you didn't have any armor to mitigate that, it's no surprise that she got as fed as she did.

Also, your games on melee bruisers are showing a common trend, especially on Xin Zhao and Renekton: you're building too much damage rather than durability. There is evidence that you're building some durability on both of them, but in the case of Renekton it's too little too late, and on Xin Zhao it's only after you've gotten your butt handed to you often enough to where you had to buy durability. The reason Renekton is seen as powerful is because it only takes one damage item, usually Ravenous Hydra, along with a lot of durability, to be a tanky menace while still outputting a lot of damage. By building glass cannon for the first 10-20 minutes of the game, you are giving up your greatest strength for the purpose of more damage you won't end up using. Your Xin Zhao games are worse because you're building Trinity Force. I understand that it deals "tons of damage" and all that fun stuff, even the store says it, but that doesn't mean it deals tons of damage on every champion. Xin Zhao can't proc Sheen very often, most of the movement speed is useless if you're forced off of the target, it doesn't offer enough attack damage to actually hurt them significantly, and attack speed is one of the worst things you can build on bruisers. Xin Zhao can get up to targets, but after his jump is gone, he has no way of sticking to them, so all it takes is a good stun to prevent you from using your high gold investment, and because you have no durability, you're unlikely to survive the process, giving your enemies more gold.

You're in Bronze IV because you deserve to be there. Once that you've fixed these issues up, then you might have a leg to stand on. It's frustrating when you lose matches through no fault of your own, but those are not the only matches you are having, and most of your defeats when looking through your match history are deserved.

Erdrik

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmogearbob View Post
I have been told that RIOT is taking a more serious look at the community and several bans have been passed out recently for conduct violations. Only time will tell if these new attempts to clean up the community will work to make the game a more pleasant experience for the players
Just wanted to point out that it is more than just "several".
Last I heard each ban wave has been in the thousands.

If your interested there is an interesting post by Lyte in regards to how the community is perceived.

themaddscientist

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmogearbob View Post
The below information was quite informative and entertaining but I am confused. Either I was not clear enough in my post or you misunderstood what I was saying.
My complaint was with the people who intentionally feed and not the bad players. I do not mean the people who play badly and have a lot of deaths, I mean the people who say "I am going to feed" and then have a very very large number of deaths with very few assists or kills.

I never said that I was in Bronze because of my teammates. I stated that the intentional feeders, the ragers, and the afker's made the game no fun especially when the attitude of most of the ragers and intentional feeders is "RIOT isn't going to do anything".

I am sorry if you misunderstood my frustration and I will take a look at the comments you made to see if they will improve my play. Most of the runes and masteries I use are either from mobafire/lolpro pages or from my son's suggestions (1 is a diamond player and 2 are plat players).

It looks like I misunderstood your post and went a little overboard, my apologies. I've gotten a little jaded from spending too much time on these forums, so I perhaps did jump to conclusions too quickly. It looked fairly similar to posts we get here from time to time that say "I'm going through hell and I deserve to be a higher rank and everyone around me is an idiot and blahblahblah."

Fortunately, Riot is getting ready to test out a new method to tackle intentional feeders more aggressively. Even if they won't be able to catch them after the fact, my usual response for intentional feeder/bad players/trolls is usually the same: time is the great equalizer. As frustrating as it can be, and is (I've gone through plenty of nonsense to get this high, and your sons can likely attest to going through a lot, as well), it's important to realize that it also happens on the enemy team. It might not be as memorable when someone intentionally feeds on the enemy team than ours due to the Negativity Bias, but over time it will even out. Good luck as you try to get out of Bronze.

Also, I would recommend taking anything that you see on Mobafire with a grain of salt. A good number of sites can usually verify the summoner that is writing the guide or what game a particular build came from, but Mobafire doesn't do that. Something may have changed, but it's possible that the guide you're viewing was written by someone in high elo, or in Bronze V, or may also be completely out of date despite being the first thing that comes up in the search bar. Granted, they may say what their rank is, but anyone can claim to be challenger/high diamond, very few actually are.