"I can't support"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulltank

04-03-2012

Some people do not understand what a support is.

They waste their gold on items, while leaving the map unwarded...
They never buy oracles or counter ward...
Even when they do ward once or twice, it's always in the wrong spot.

So ya.. most people cannot play a support, they don't understand the concept and their role in team fights. They don't understand the hidden tricks of their abilities or their main purpose...

Theshortkid1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Everyone, whether they hate it or not, needs to learn EVERY ROLE IN THE GAME before playing ranked. When people call roles it's because they want to play that this game. If your last pick and everyone got what they want, you should be fine with being left with support, or AP carry mid. It's one reason I try to only do duo queue with ONE or TWO irl friends not randoms or solo queue because there's always going to be one person who never "learns" to support so one of us can. Supporting isn't even hard. Just learn abilities find a good item guide and place wards and sit in lane........

Sephrinx

04-03-2012

I love noobs who can't do easiest role in the game. Learn each role or quit imo.

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

I think support is fun to play, but I don't like being completely reliant on other people to carry me. I generally only support if I know my lane mate, I'm last pick, or last pick says he will troll if he has to support.

but for realsies. What really pisses me off is last pick calling a specific champion, in a specific lane. "AP Sion mid or troll." How bad are you that you only know how to play one champion?

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacdyn View Post
Some people do not understand what a support is.

They waste their gold on items, while leaving the map unwarded...
They never buy oracles or counter ward...
Even when they do ward once or twice, it's always in the wrong spot.

So ya.. most people cannot play a support, they don't understand the concept and their role in team fights. They don't understand the hidden tricks of their abilities or their main purpose...
So what your saying is... They shouldn't be playing ranked in the first place?

I believe this is true of lower Elo's. Now, I know 1300's isn't special, but up there I feel like when someone say, "I can't support." They just mean they don't want to. I've straight up had someone tell me Soraka was the only one he owned though and she was picked so he couldn't...

Stippy

04-03-2012

So many people just dont want to support. That is the thing behind it.

If I dont want to support but they are being a ***** I just play a more active support like Ali or Blitz. this way I can impact the game heavily regardless if my AD is less than skilled.

Name of the game is to have fun and win, if a person is playing ranked they should put a good amount of emphasis on the WIN part. This means playing the role the team needs, period.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

04-03-2012

It's the same as with Medic in TF2: it's good when someone can do it, but when you like to do it in unorganized environment then something must be wrong with you.

Atomicpuma

04-03-2012

AD ranged: The support made me die.

Support: You dove under the tower...

Ad ranged: You didn't heal me.

Support: I just did it's on cooldown now.

Ad ranged: Stupid jungle doesn't gank enough. GG. And the support lets me die.

Jungle: ... (Thinks to self, why do I keep jungling? I mean really, can I help people this retarded? Is there a meaning to what I am doing? I can't gank they push to tower, yet they blame me.)

SweetSheets

04-03-2012

I usually support Nid.
That way if the bottom AD is horribad, you can convert to a carry build reasonably easy, just in case.

Mr Whoople

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanence View Post
I get the feeling that OP picks ranged AD and always expects someone to support.
While I do AD carry often in ranked, I suck it up and support when someone else calls the role. I'm mostly frustrated at the lack of willingness to adapt to roles. If people are jerks and take roles and support is the only one left, you have a moral obligation to just accept the support role or dodge. There is no sense ruining 4 people's attempt to gain ELO because you are unwilling to even Soraka.