Best solo queue jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurntToast

04-02-2012

So I'm sitting at around 1500 and I want to make the last push to get to gold rating. I am a pretty competent player ...map awareness..warding...last hitting..etc. I seem to have the best results in solo queue as jungler. As jungler I can influence every lane (well most of the time).

So which jungler is best in solo queue? A jungler who can help dominate lanes as well as being able to carry themselves/the team at times if need be.

For example..Nautilus is an amazing jungler. But for solo queue I feel that his choice of CC over dmg doesn't work as well =\ since you need to be able to rely on yourself more than your team.

Please let me know

Gwalch

04-02-2012

lee sin shyvana udyr

NojusArturo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Nocturne, Mundo, Lee Sin.

If those are not possible or don't go with the team comp, I like to jungle Malphite, GP, Warwick, or Skarner. Jungles with game changing ults/initiate and good damage.

Nautilus isn't gonna carry the game by himself but he is a superb ganker, which can snowball one lane.

BurntToast

04-02-2012

Hhmmm all good choices. Any other opinions?

NovaAsterix

04-02-2012

I jungle a lot and have noticed a few things in my several hundred solo queue games as a jungler.

Carry junglers are typically the safest as you don't need to rely on your team to do damage or even help with map control. The danger lies in that smart teams can shut you down, as can smart junglers on the enemy team. Typically, GP, Nocturne, Jax, etc, are who you find here. Not the best junglers by any means but they can turn into late game beasts if left to farm and such.

Ganking junglers are the ones who win lanes for their team so they can't really mess up. Lee Sin, Malphite, and Nautilus are prime examples here. Gank early and often and be a good initiator. I find this works well if you are a good ganker and team communicator as you can call for objectives and your team will usually help. It's risky in that you don't do well late game and need your team to pick up the slack.

You have shut down junglers like Shyvana and Skarner who are there to beat up enemy junglers. They are typically best saved to use against a carry jungler or if you have team coordination to really invade a lot.

Finally, you have the flexible ones like Udyr, Trundle, and Jarvan who can do a bit of everything (to varying degrees) and are best for when you don't know what to expect.

IMO: Trundle, Lee Sin, and Nocturne are three must-know junglers for solo queue. Udyr is good too but I find struggles in the current meta a bit since everyone is mobile and can kite it seems. Pick up Shy later on.

Jaded Box

04-02-2012

Jax is a pretty strong solo queue jungler because people underestimate his ganks, he can 100 to 0 most laners with red buff and its really easy to pull off because people push lanes thinking your ganks are weak.

skydrgn7

04-02-2012

Darknesssss is a personal favorite of mine.

TheKMAP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

glass cannon nocturne

ScreamPaste

04-02-2012

Lee Win will Win you games while you're AFK. u_u

EIi

04-02-2012

I like Shyvana and nocturne

Lee does good in solo q, but with an organized team who can help him utilize his w and q to set up ganks hes a little better

Nocturne is strong and a great ganker, perfect for solo q

Shyvana has the best counterjungling there is, and you can easily shut down the enemy jungler with her, especially in solo q where players wont be trying to ward and protect their jungler as hard as they would in an arranged team