Karthus vs. Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smokemyblackpole

04-02-2012

How do you beat a karthus as ryze who just farms at his turret and won't get close enough for you to do anything? The second I walk towards him he moves back to his turret and just farms from behind it while defile is picking up a ton of his last hits at tower. I'm a fairly new mid player transitioning from the jungle so some advice on this matchup and who is stronger and when would be great.

The moment I run to other lanes to gank after pushing his wave he clears to my tower in no time and forces me back into lane quickly with perma blue. Any tips because I know karthus is supposed to get destroyed by ryze, but not really sure how thats possible versus a karthus who plays extremely safe.

PS - The karthus was running heal flash. No way to really kill him with either up.

Sipsi

04-02-2012

Don't push the lanes. If he's sitting at the turret then you're pushing too much

Galgarad

04-02-2012

How is Karthus supposed to be destroyed by Ryze?

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

zone him. stand between his minions and q if he gets close. he shouldnt be farming at his turrent if ur last hitting and not pushing. if the wave is pushed at his turret, go gank other lanes.

BrainiacOutcast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

You never want to push as Ryze. Last hit as close to 0 as you can, and when you're at your tower or near it, stand out in front of your minions and Q karthus if he tries to go for a last hit. With your boots and (hopefully) ms quints, you should have enough to dodge his Q decently.

SheffiTB

04-02-2012

why are you pushing the lane? If anything, let karth push the lane, while you just last hit. Ryze can easily last hit under the turret and when you're at your turret and not his, you can harass him all you want.

DodgeOrCarryMe

04-02-2012

Imo it's very easy to use Karthus vs a Ryze. It seems like Karthus counters Ryze every time I play Karthus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheffiTB View Post
why are you pushing the lane? If anything, let karth push the lane, while you just last hit. Ryze can easily last hit under the turret and when you're at your turret and not his, you can harass him all you want.
I'm think Karthus is also pretty good at last hitting under the turret as well, and he can do it from more range than Ryze can.

Rarely speaks

04-02-2012

The same way you win as ANY champ against ANY OTHER champ mid. Stop pushing the lane. CS, keeping it neutral or on your side of river - win. If you're pushing the lane, there's only one good reason: your lane opponent isn't there. If he is, your lane should be neutral or (best case) your side of river.

smokemyblackpole

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeOrCarryMe View Post
Imo it's very easy to use Karthus vs a Ryze. It seems like Karthus counters Ryze every time I play Karthus.
Does anyone else feel this way or is ryze supposed to destroy karthus?

CaptainMoe

04-02-2012

just farm all day and carry like a bawsssss, rush banshees veil and karthas wont do **** to you