Ghraath, The Fury of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ujewshdude

05-11-2012

this guy seems pretty cool i would defintly get him if riot did make him a champ gj

Gjom

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujewshdude View Post
this guy seems pretty cool i would defintly get him if riot did make him a champ gj
Well thanks.

dukevonart

05-11-2012

Ruthless Howl (Q)

--> The on-hit damage every 5 attacks can be higher, as it requires more time to use, the maximum of 25 damage seems low.

--> The mana cost is too high for this ability, especially for a character who really doesn't want to be itemizing mana/mana regen. Especially on an 8 second CD this will drain this characters mana pool extremely fast, and while that might be the point, it still seems high.

General Thoughts

Everything else seems reasonable to me, at least in respect that it should be tested to see how effective it would be. Tweaking to base damage and ratio's could probably be done in response to testing.

If you want to look more into this character, try to think of how each of their abilities ties into their theme. As a point of reference, it doesn't quiet seem to fit for a humanoid character to have a howl ability unless its obvious as part of non-humanoid aspect (warwick is a werewolf, wolves howl). This could be adjusted through just the visualization of the character in making them seem less human.

Again, thanks for the read, I'll try and keep track of this and make comments on changes made (you might put a change log in the OP?).

Gjom

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukevonart View Post
Ruthless Howl (Q)

--> The on-hit damage every 5 attacks can be higher, as it requires more time to use, the maximum of 25 damage seems low.

--> The mana cost is too high for this ability, especially for a character who really doesn't want to be itemizing mana/mana regen. Especially on an 8 second CD this will drain this characters mana pool extremely fast, and while that might be the point, it still seems high.

General Thoughts

Everything else seems reasonable to me, at least in respect that it should be tested to see how effective it would be. Tweaking to base damage and ratio's could probably be done in response to testing.

If you want to look more into this character, try to think of how each of their abilities ties into their theme. As a point of reference, it doesn't quiet seem to fit for a humanoid character to have a howl ability unless its obvious as part of non-humanoid aspect (warwick is a werewolf, wolves howl). This could be adjusted through just the visualization of the character in making them seem less human.

Again, thanks for the read, I'll try and keep track of this and make comments on changes made (you might put a change log in the OP?).
Yeah, I'll be putting a change log in, so that people can know what happened. I'll start now. I'm unsure of how much damage to scale into it though for the Q.
And he's not human. He's basically 80% void.

The reason why the cost is so high, is because it's a good skill, and needs to be used in a more clutch situation, rather than just spamming it relentlessly.

I toyed with everything a little bit and you tell me what you think.
(It's in the change log)

ricH0chet

05-12-2012

i like this champions playstyle however like your other champion concepts your base stats are a bit overboard seeing as highest base speed right now is yi and panth at 330, your champion being 341 is unfair

to find better base stats try finding a champion similar to yours and adjust the base stats according to them

Gjom

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricH0chet View Post
i like this champions playstyle however like your other champion concepts your base stats are a bit overboard seeing as highest base speed right now is yi and panth at 330, your champion being 341 is unfair

to find better base stats try finding a champion similar to yours and adjust the base stats according to them
341 isn't THAT unfair, I would think. But I'll drop it down, considering that would make him the fastest champion in League... >.>
Not to mention he has a speed boost. xD
Okay.. definitely dropping it down. >.>

Thanks for pointing that out.

Berel Ironstaff

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
I guess I should mention that yes, it was a village of summoners. Ghraath included. I'll edit the lore to PERSONALLY please you, kind summoner.
Thanks I am now definatly a fan! lol

Gjom

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berel Ironstaff View Post
Thanks I am now definatly a fan! lol
Haha thanks!
Did you uh.. happen to check out my other concept? :3

Gjom

05-14-2012

Bump!
Also.. 2K+ views!

Dardel

05-18-2012

I can't give much criticism, but this seems like an easily liked champion and wouldn't seem VERY OP at all. I like the idea, and hope a red sees interest in him.