Ghraath, The Fury of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
I like his abilities but i think that his passive should be nerfed a little, either make it so it doesnt go for as long or make the one minute cd longer.
Like I have said many times. His passive isn't OP. It's his BASE attack damage. Not his full AD.
So it's only about 56-57 Armor and Magic Resist.
Soraka's heal give 65 when it's leveled to 3.

Prodoman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

The reason i feel his passive is weak is because once you hit 30% health unless uve built a decent amount of lifesteal or health regen then its not going to affect much. As well as this character is supposed to be an assassin and has enough escape to completely disreguard his passive. and ya i understand balancing is difficult which is why i havent posted numbers on mine yet cause im still working things out.

NeonFuzz

05-10-2012

I like this idea, but there is one thing that is confusing me. You are saying you should build AD on him, but yet most of his abilities deal magic damage. I would personally change them a little bit for dealing physical damage rather than magic damage. But I also know that it can work like the, for example Yorick has lots of AD ratios but deals magic damage, but again that's a small specific case. Altogether though seems like a good idea.

Gjom

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodoman View Post
The reason i feel his passive is weak is because once you hit 30% health unless uve built a decent amount of lifesteal or health regen then its not going to affect much. As well as this character is supposed to be an assassin and has enough escape to completely disreguard his passive. and ya i understand balancing is difficult which is why i havent posted numbers on mine yet cause im still working things out.
Ahh, okay. Well that makes sense, and I can see your point of view. Like you said, yea it's hard to balance things properly, but I think that's fair. It just allows him to MAYBE survive a little better in team fights, or if he happens to get caught. It's just a "useless" passive really.
Kind of like Taric's passive. You don't really ever use it.. xD
I mean, I do.. but my AD carry always gets pissed off that I'm hitting minions. (Not last hitting, but just hitting)

Gjom

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFuzz View Post
I like this idea, but there is one thing that is confusing me. You are saying you should build AD on him, but yet most of his abilities deal magic damage. I would personally change them a little bit for dealing physical damage rather than magic damage. But I also know that it can work like the, for example Yorick has lots of AD ratios but deals magic damage, but again that's a small specific case. Altogether though seems like a good idea.
Well, It's only dealing magic damage due to the fact that it's the way the spell is cast. He howls for one.. That's not really.. physical at all. And calling upon a shadow could be physical, so it could be either or.
I understand your point though, I'll definitely look into reworking the type of damage being dealt. ;D

dukevonart

05-10-2012

Void Refuge (Innate)

--> This seems reasonable, I have no complaints about it.

Ruthless Howl (Q)

--> In general, this also seems reasonably balanced around providing some cc, but limiting the burst damage from the activation of this abililty.

--> The scaling on the bonus damage annoys me because it isn't linear, it goes +10/+20/+20/+20/+20, minor really.

--> I feel that the damage from this ability is too high, most abilities like this seem to cap out at ~60 damage. (When looking at their initial on-hit damage, DoT damage can be higher.)

--> The scaling matches up with standard scaling for these abilites, with 0.2 AP being comparable to 0.4 AD.

--> Does the passive continue to trigger while the skill is activated? Whether it is or isn't should be kept in mind when balancing the burst/sustained damage of this character.

--> What type of damage does this do? I'm assuming it deals on-hit bonus magic damage.

Void Entrapment (W)

--> A blink with a damage on arrival component is probably sufficient for this skill, especially as this can be used jump walls, etc.

--> a.k.a. I don't feel you need the bonus damage on the next attack/ability from an enemy champion.

--> If you do take away the % damage increase on arrival, it might be fitting to increase the base damage of the ability somewhat

Frenzied Bloodlust (E)

--> This is better than what you think it is, especially the movement speed component, as its a free ghost that at max level has a higher duration than ghost and can be on almost constantly, it also gives an attack speed bonus and a slow.

--> If you want to keep this ability, you might make it something like this:

Proposed Frenzied Bloodlust (E)

--> Active: grants 10/15/20/25/30% increased attack speed and 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% movement speed for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.

--> CD: 24/21/18/15/12 seconds

--> Mana Cost: 40/45/50/55/60

Exiled Terror // Terror of the Void (R)

--> The stun on this ability makes it much too powerful, as just having an AoE stun is a good ultimate, especially with a 2 second stun at max level, its like a on demand Kennen ultimate. A possibility could be to drop the stun duration to something like 0.75/1/1.25 seconds.

--> The stealth duration seems too long, you might drop it down to 5/7/9 seconds, as this should be sufficient time to get close to a target or to escape.

General Thoughts

--> Void Entrapment in combination with Exiled Terror makes this character ridiculously hard to gank or pin down.

--> In its current state, this character has enough cc, specifically AoE cc, that they could probably build tank very effectively.

--> Other build variants for this character probably fall under tanky dps (ninja tabi, wriggles, wits end, frozen mallet, force of nature, randuins omen?) or just melee AD honestly.

Take what i say with a grain of salt, and please don't just copy pasta stuff without thinking about how it fits your character. Nice champion, thanks for the read.

SabreJ6

05-10-2012

Like I said on my own thread. Maybe you should make the passive go up every level to keep it more balanced?

Check out my own champion idea @: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2104631&page=2

JohnIsNotKuhl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Man I really like it, I would love to collaborate with you, if you would like to, add my skype: TheOriginalBaNE
Thanks man.

PlatypusFang

Recruiter

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
Ability Set:

Void Refuge (Innate): When Ghraath's life is brought below 30% health he activates Void Refuge, shrouding himself in void smoke, granting him bonus armor and magic resist for 7 seconds. The armor and magic resist are equal to 30%/40%/50% of Ghraath's base attack damage. There is a one minute cooldown before Ghraath can activate this effect again. The scaling increases at levels 11 and 16.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruthless Howl (Q): Passive: Every 5 attacks, Ghraath's basic attack deals an additional 10/20/40/60/80 (+0.4 per attack damage).
Active: Ghraath let's out a howl dealing 50/60/70/80/90 (+0.7 per ability power) magic damage, silencing all nearby enemies for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds. For the next few seconds, Ghraath's basic attacks deal an additional 10/20/40/60/80 (+0.4 per attack damage).
Mana Cost: 75/100/125/150/175 Cooldown: 8/8/8/8/8 seconds Range: 400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Void Entrapment (W): Ghraath blinks toward target location, leaving a cloud of darkness from his original location. As Ghraath reaches target location, he swings his blades in a radius around himself dealing 30/50/80/110/140 (+0.4 per attack damage) physical damage and attaching Darkness to all affected enemies for 3 seconds. Enemies affected by Darkness take 10/15/20/25/30% from the next unfriendly attack/ability.
Mana Cost: 50/65/80/95/110 Cooldown: 18/15/13/11/9 seconds Range: 650

Frenzied Bloodlust (E): Ghraath gains 35% increased movement speed and attack speed for 3/5/7/9/11 seconds. If an enemy is hit by Ghraath in this state, the target is slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 1 second. (This affect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 5 seconds.
Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Cooldown: 24/21/18/15/12 seconds Range: ---

Exiled Terror // Terror of the Void (R): Ghraath bursts into a cloud of darkness, falling into the void, stealthing himself for 10/20/30 seconds and stunning all nearby enemies near the activation point for 1/1.5/2 seconds. While in stealth he is granted the ability to use 'Terror of the Void' once for the duration of his stealth.

Ghraath can activate the ability to break from his stealth and channel for a split second, emitting a terror of the void in a long cone in front of him that deals 150/250/350 (0.9 per attack damage) magical damage to all units hit. (Using the ability will break Ghraath's stealth).
Mana Cost: 150/175/200 Cooldown: 180/150/120 seconds Range: 500
- Gjom
So he has a flash on 9 second cooldown, and a free randuins that also buffs AS and his movement speed like Shurelyas, definitely not ok with that. Make the W target enemy champions only like Pantheons W so its an initiation only. Otherwise your talking about a flash every 5.4 seconds with 40% cdr or 7.2 with just 20%. Taking into account a few items with active effects you could combo without fear of any retaliation and flash(W) out completely unscathed with Hourglass or just build Randuins in addition to your E for even more counter AD. In other words with just 1 or 2 defensive items you are far too tanky, If you use your skills/items correctly your opponents only have about 1.5 seconds to kill you before you can flash away with W. In my mind Assassins are meant to be glass cannons unless you specifically build them quite tanky, like nocturne with FM and atmas.

Berel Ironstaff

05-10-2012

Ok may I first say great champion, love him. Second you are doing a great job with feed back. Lastly how close did you read Nocture's lore? Nocturne never slaughtered an entire village it does say "He slaughtered everything he could find before summoners were able to magically confine him," but it also says "League experts divined that Nocturne hunted summoners in their sleep, attacking them in a place where their magic was useless. This seemed to be his only purpose," this would cause some conflicts with your lore since it does not match up seeing as he only wanted to kill summoners, unless it was a village of summoners? lol... but hey maybe /i am just over analizing and reading into it.