Ghraath, The Fury of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneDragon

06-14-2012

:O Would be epic if he is the "runt" of the family of Cho'gath. Yordle sized baby chogath like champ running around, except his scythe like arms would swing more at an angle instead of striking above like Cho.

GjommyFuFu

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDragon View Post
:O Would be epic if he is the "runt" of the family of Cho'gath. Yordle sized baby chogath like champ running around, except his scythe like arms would swing more at an angle instead of striking above like Cho.
Hahaha. That would actually be cool. xD

Leo Tomita

06-15-2012

booya ..Gjom i finished the feedback

shorttallguy

06-15-2012

very well thought out and interesting. i would love to see more stealth champs.

he does seem a little OP in some areas and UP in others to me though (which to be honest, maybe means he's in a pretty good spot).

For one his passive is ridiculous. to reward people with so much defense for building completely offensive is OP. bring the percentages down and maybe it could work.

the next thing that jumps out at me is the ulti. You have an aoe stun like amumu and another ability to use as a gap closer like amumu but you dont have to connect with an enemy unit so you always will succeed, plus your gap closer can be used as an escape. That's a little OP to me but not unreasonably so. On top of that you are a damage dealer with innate tanky-ness so you don't need to use it in conjunction with allies assistance.

On the other hand your ulti makes you stealth for getting away but since it has such a short duration and you don't blink away I could envision the champ still getting caught when the stun wore off if you were attempting to run. With that said, if you made the duration any longer it would probably be OP. Then you make them choose to do more damage or get away which, as you have it now, I'm guessing 95% of the time people would choose to do damage rather then risk getting caught running. This would mean the stealth portion of the ulti is kind of useless. Not entirely unacceptable, but I'm not sure the second stage complements the first stage well.

I'm no expert, these are just my first impressions. Other than that, it's not bad. With a little re-tweaking, I think you have a viable champ there.

GjommyFuFu

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttallguy View Post
very well thought out and interesting. i would love to see more stealth champs.

he does seem a little OP in some areas and UP in others to me though (which to be honest, maybe means he's in a pretty good spot).

For one his passive is ridiculous. to reward people with so much defense for building completely offensive is OP. bring the percentages down and maybe it could work.

the next thing that jumps out at me is the ulti. You have an aoe stun like amumu and another ability to use as a gap closer like amumu but you dont have to connect with an enemy unit so you always will succeed, plus your gap closer can be used as an escape. That's a little OP to me but not unreasonably so. On top of that you are a damage dealer with innate tanky-ness so you don't need to use it in conjunction with allies assistance.

On the other hand your ulti makes you stealth for getting away but since it has such a short duration and you don't blink away I could envision the champ still getting caught when the stun wore off if you were attempting to run. With that said, if you made the duration any longer it would probably be OP. Then you make them choose to do more damage or get away which, as you have it now, I'm guessing 95% of the time people would choose to do damage rather then risk getting caught running. This would mean the stealth portion of the ulti is kind of useless. Not entirely unacceptable, but I'm not sure the second stage complements the first stage well.

I'm no expert, these are just my first impressions. Other than that, it's not bad. With a little re-tweaking, I think you have a viable champ there.
Just remember that the passive is off of his BASE AD, so he's only being granted about.. 50ish Armor/MR for the 7 seconds, which is just to allow him to stick it out in those little "trades-to-the-death" situations. You know?

The ult stun isn't a very large range. It MUCH MUCH smaller than Amumu's the only way you'd be able to stun an entire team with it would be if they were all standing in the same place in a bush or something. It would be rare. But I agree with the stealth duration. If it was any longer, it wouldn't be fair to the enemy team, because he could just up and leave.
It's kind of like Talon's ult, but it's a stun instead of a dual damage skill, and it's also a secondary, select burst. So you have the choice to run, or to fight with a burst to help for your initiation.

TheJokerMonstah

06-16-2012

I feel like the ultimate stealth duration lasts for a bit too long. Look at a Champ like Talon: his ult only lasts for 6 seconds at max level (I think). THe 18 second stealth I think would make it far too easy for Ghraath to escape from nasty situations. Sure, and oracles would counter it fairly easily, but let's be real, how many teams in solo queue buy oracles? Not too many.

Also, I feel as though the bonus damage per attack on his Ruthless Howl is too high at max level. I think it should scale at 10/15/20/25/30 as opposed to 10/20/30/40/50. Personal opinion, but I feel the bonus damage is too high, since that's 250 extra damage minimum if you can land all 5 attacks, which you can with an AS over 1.000, and since this guy is an assassain I'm going to assume it will be above that.

Good job though!

GjommyFuFu

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokerMonstah View Post
I feel like the ultimate stealth duration lasts for a bit too long. Look at a Champ like Talon: his ult only lasts for 6 seconds at max level (I think). THe 18 second stealth I think would make it far too easy for Ghraath to escape from nasty situations. Sure, and oracles would counter it fairly easily, but let's be real, how many teams in solo queue buy oracles? Not too many.

Also, I feel as though the bonus damage per attack on his Ruthless Howl is too high at max level. I think it should scale at 10/15/20/25/30 as opposed to 10/20/30/40/50. Personal opinion, but I feel the bonus damage is too high, since that's 250 extra damage minimum if you can land all 5 attacks, which you can with an AS over 1.000, and since this guy is an assassain I'm going to assume it will be above that.

Good job though!
I'm not sure I understand your statement with Ruthless Howl.. It's on his fifth basic attack that the bonus damage happens.. >.> Not every attack deals additional damage.

And as for the ult duration, I think that it is fair, because he will be a champ that will ASK for Oracles, and at late levels you're not going to want to use the stealth as much, you would be going for damage more than the stealth.

TheScakal

06-16-2012

i can honestly say this is one of the best ideas i have seen for a champ ever... but i think you may need to change some of his recommended items. for instance if he is a squishy burst anti carry he should probably not have ninja tabi and instead have mercs or bersercers. i say this because his passive should compensate for the lacking armour and MR he is missing and with more attack speed he could have more procs on that ability that makes him deal extra damage. and merc treads are always good. over all though i think he is a very well thought out champ and should be taken into consideration for the 101 champ (not 100th cause thats riots special prize to themselves).

GjommyFuFu

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScakal View Post
i can honestly say this is one of the best ideas i have seen for a champ ever... but i think you may need to change some of his recommended items. for instance if he is a squishy burst anti carry he should probably not have ninja tabi and instead have mercs or bersercers. i say this because his passive should compensate for the lacking armour and MR he is missing and with more attack speed he could have more procs on that ability that makes him deal extra damage. and merc treads are always good. over all though i think he is a very well thought out champ and should be taken into consideration for the 101 champ (not 100th cause thats riots special prize to themselves).
Wow. Thanks! Yeah, I just have the recommended items for myself really.. It's how I would build them, but I will most likely change that up. Cause that makes sense.

shadwraith99

06-17-2012

I like this idea