"How to get 5.0 KDA as mundo" guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangko

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquas View Post
Hello, just wanted to say that this guide has gotten me to try Mundo and buy him, definitely a fun champ.
But I have a question, since this build is more geared toward SR, how well would it do in TT. Since I've noticed on TT I only get to build a few things and Warmongs isn't all that useful, however, I like this item build and anyway I can sorta keep the same thing but for TT?

Anyway I'm only level 10 and don't have a lot of experience but I did get those suggested runes, but would those work for TT as well? Thanks for your time and awesome write up.

P.S. First post, hi LoL community, also if anyone knows a champ like Mundo can ya point me in their direction, still haven't tried them all but I like him.
on tt games usually over befoer lvl 15, so you have to maximize your gold, Crit runes still work, but you build him a little different.

Core items

Merc threads, or beserker
Spirit visage (makes sadism ALOT better)
Infinity edge (make up for lost of hp dps/crit from Warmog+atma combo)

If you play defensive and making sure your cleaves are hitting hard before going in for kill with ult pop, you can do good KDA. And then you can build warmog or get Sunfire capes which is cheaper. but definately those 3 core items will keep you going.

onomandpewpew

fwing

11-10-2010

this is a great guide. thanks for posting/finding it works really well

Peldin

11-11-2010

I think on a premade team, you will find getting teleport to be far more effective than getting exhaust.
The reason why - wards.

My friend plays Mundo with teleport and ghost. The way we end up destroying teams is by letting him carry every game. He goes mid each game and we usually have our jungler ward their red (any time their carry/jungler goes for red and he has teleport up, it's a free kill AND he steals their red). Also, if we have trouble with a strong lane combo, we will put a ward in the grass. Mundo can use his teleport to get off amazing ganks. As long as you land that first cleaver, exhaust isn't really necessary. It can be good, but if the other team knows "Mundo mia" then you may not be able to get off the ganks that you should be.

Also, we usually play with Shen jungling, so by mid game, we can turn a 2v2 in to a 4v2 with the use of Mundo teleport + Shen ulti.

If you shut a team down early and mid game with undetectable ganks, you either don't have a late game, because you already won, or they are too weak late game and your team can easily push for the win.

And to reiterate what I said in the beginning, the teleport summoner spell is for when you play with friends. For solo queue I would still personally prefer exhaust.

amcii

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldin View Post
I think on a premade team, you will find getting teleport to be far more effective than getting exhaust.
The reason why - wards.

My friend plays Mundo with teleport and ghost. The way we end up destroying teams is by letting him carry every game. He goes mid each game and we usually have our jungler ward their red (any time their carry/jungler goes for red and he has teleport up, it's a free kill AND he steals their red). Also, if we have trouble with a strong lane combo, we will put a ward in the grass. Mundo can use his teleport to get off amazing ganks. As long as you land that first cleaver, exhaust isn't really necessary. It can be good, but if the other team knows "Mundo mia" then you may not be able to get off the ganks that you should be.

Also, we usually play with Shen jungling, so by mid game, we can turn a 2v2 in to a 4v2 with the use of Mundo teleport + Shen ulti.

If you shut a team down early and mid game with undetectable ganks, you either don't have a late game, because you already won, or they are too weak late game and your team can easily push for the win.

And to reiterate what I said in the beginning, the teleport summoner spell is for when you play with friends. For solo queue I would still personally prefer exhaust.
ive been using teleport when i started playin..its very great..
when im on a 1v2 lane i still get it sometimes..

but i prefer exhaust..because mundo is a anticarry..its his job to kill fortunes/ashes..etc.

and with exhaust thats very easy..and since noone else gets it..you need to do it

but yes teleport is great..and its definitly my 3rd spell

when your in a good team..you can get teleport..and go mid..let your lanes get pushed..place a ward at enemies lane bush..and then when they are pushing..port behind them..and kill both before they realize anything
it works!..

but i still prefer exhaust^^..noone can beat you 1v1 then
and you make many champs useless for some secs. in teamfights

Zoellner

11-11-2010

you are sadly mistaken, there are alot of mundos and they all get 5 kda ratio. infact, getting 5 kda is probably worse then you should be doing as a mundo with a reputable team.

Marzix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2010

i love mundo, i wish people would stop picking him before i get to pick him in ranked games and building him like a tank.

its so frustrating.

amcii

11-12-2010

http://img84.imageshack.us/i/1802b.jpg/

1802 elo on EU server now..

Pyrellael

11-13-2010

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7499/mundo.jpg

2v5 first game as Mundo, ty OP.

amcii

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrellael View Post
nice