"How to get 5.0 KDA as mundo" guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amcii

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siokos View Post
nice guide m8.. i hope i can see you playing mundo in the future!
yes you can! here:

http://www.livestream.com/xnecroxlol...9-cdb4b7f14bff

start watchin at 03:12:00

im the mundo in that game

EchoRex

09-03-2010

Always love to see more Crit/AS reliant (read: effective) Mundo guides posted.

But...... Can accomplish the same, greater in some rune/item choices, effective HP without taking a Warmog's. For example, can have the same as maxed Warmog's HP off of two Giant's Belts for 2/3 of the cost, but without the 10min of farming needed to max Warmog's. HRegen/5 is a very bad combat effective stat.

Crit Chance runes are slightly worse off for damage mid and late game than ArPen without early/mid investment into more Crit Chance, but still better than Crit Damage for a champion that is so Crit reliant.

Follow ups are nicely done, addressing many of the question noob-to-Mundo players have for over all play of him.

SilentJ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Love your guide. My team was so shocked when I got a triple kill . You have renewed my faith in warmogs :P. Now I just need to earn enough ip for crit seals and quints

Zakki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

I like your guide, but I don't understand the sacrificing 10% crit damage, 5% damage for 60 hp.

60 hp might help you at level 1, but after that it's meh :/

amcii

09-10-2010

since the mundo buff this itembuild..etc. is even better

noone can beat you in 1v1

when your lvl 16..with lvl 3 ulti..and enemy dont have a ignite or ex. calling..or a healreduction champ..you are unkillable

today i did baron..SOLO!..without madreds!..and at end i still had like 60-70% hp..i dont think any other champ can do that..

when your a good mundo..mundo can become a great choice in 5s ranked games!

War on Drugs

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcii View Post
since the mundo buff this itembuild..etc. is even better

noone can beat you in 1v1

when your lvl 16..with lvl 3 ulti..and enemy dont have a ignite or ex. calling..or a healreduction champ..you are unkillable

today i did baron..SOLO!..without madreds!..and at end i still had like 60-70% hp..i dont think any other champ can do that..

when your a good mundo..mundo can become a great choice in 5s ranked games!
If the enemy team gives you an opportunity to 1v1 someone at level 16, you are both doing something terribly wrong. Make no mistake, this Mundo will fold like oragami in team fights. I think my major issue with Mundo even after the buffs is he is subpar in whatever role you pick over other champs.

He is similar to Nasus in the aspect that he needs a decent team to perform remotely well in med-high elo brackets. Even then, others do it much much better.

TLDR: Mundo is fun, and the slight buffs helped a bit, but he is still not truly a viable choice for ranked 5's.

EDIT: I think people choosing sub-par champs is a noble idea, but the bottom line here remains that Riot really needs to stop/slow down new champ introductions when currently there are 2-3 solid team comps that are just devastating. Bans help I suppose, but can we just get this game somewhat balanced beyond the typical Garen/Vlad/Amumu/Carry/Carry team comps? Mundo is one of many champs that weren't terribly effective in ranked play to begin with, and are slowly but surely losing effectiveness as new champs/strategies are released

EchoRex

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halojinix View Post
If the enemy team gives you an opportunity to 1v1 someone at level 16, you are both doing something terribly wrong. Make no mistake, this Mundo will fold like oragami in team fights. I think my major issue with Mundo even after the buffs is he is subpar in whatever role you pick over other champs.

He is similar to Nasus in the aspect that he needs a decent team to perform remotely well in med-high elo brackets. Even then, others do it much much better.

TLDR: Mundo is fun, and the slight buffs helped a bit, but he is still not truly a viable choice for ranked 5's.
Mundo performs only one role well, MDPS, but he performs it exceptionally well once the player learns to build and play him.

He has much better survivability than anything that can deal more damage than him, survivability is essential to being an MDPS, and has superb DPS abilities that require a different than a normal carry build.

The problem with Mundo are the builds people use, and people who keep trying to shoe horn him into roles that he cannot perform.

Mundo was nerfed hard right before and at the release of S1, he's back to his pre S1 damage output without killing himself while gaining late game MDPS-centric survivability.

If you haven't seen a Mundo that can compete with and smash apart any other carry, then you haven't seen anyone who plays Mundo well.

War on Drugs

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Mundo performs only one role well, MDPS, but he performs it exceptionally well once the player learns to build and play him.

He has much better survivability than anything that can deal more damage than him, survivability is essential to being an MDPS, and has superb DPS abilities that require a different than a normal carry build.

The problem with Mundo are the builds people use, and people who keep trying to shoe horn him into roles that he cannot perform.

Mundo was nerfed hard right before and at the release of S1, he's back to his pre S1 damage output without killing himself while gaining late game MDPS-centric survivability.

If you haven't seen a Mundo that can compete with and smash apart any other carry, then you haven't seen anyone who plays Mundo well.

Roles that he cannot perform? Besides DPS and Tank builds, what exactly are you referring to? He is a beefy dps champ. I don't think anyone is trying to shoehorn him into any builds he wasn't designed for.

Let's compare Garen and Mundo. In teamfights, not only does Garen bring MUCH more to the table with better survivability, but also does more sustained dps than Mundo does, ESPECIALLY with Sunfires. On top of this..... ignite doesn't ruin Garen completely like it does Mundo.

I would also argue that even Sion has a better survivability rate than Mundo when built properly AND has a stun to boot. This makes Sion a better teamfight champ than Mundo.

Let's look at Vlad. You cannot seriously tell me Mundo performs a dps/survivability role better than Vlad?

The main problem is that certain champs are ALWAYS EFFECTIVE regardless of which champs/summoner spells you pick. Most others are countered easily, and ends up being luck of the draw + skill of your team + incompetency of the other team = your personal success in a game.

Kreicus

09-11-2010

People always say such and such champ preforms better then this one. So what? why not make a game with 10 champs of each the best in their class. There are 40ish champs because people like certain ones better for variety and/or looks and funness. This is a post on a mundo guide, why does it have to be argued about other champs being better in certain regards. If you want to play Garen or Sion go to a guide post of theirs.

I tried this build (few tweaks based on enemy team), got a Triple Kill, and we were only 4 players against 5. I like it

Z3RGLING

09-11-2010

Nice gonna try this