Which do you think is the best support overall?

Soraka 24 20.00%
Sona 9 7.50%
Taric 10 8.33%
Lulu 15 12.50%
Janna 41 34.17%
Shen 4 3.33%
Nidalee 2 1.67%
Leona 3 2.50%
Kayle 4 3.33%
Galio 1 0.83%
Heimerdinger 1 0.83%
Zilean 6 5.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Poll, which is the best support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zogar1993

04-01-2012

i just want to know what people think about supports at the moment. there may be some options that i didnt mention, or maybe even some which are not usually supports but they could try to fit the role. Please if the champion you consider to be the best support is not on the list, select another, there is no "other champions" posibility. Sorry that i forgot about blitzclank and alistar.

an actual dog

04-01-2012

There's no single best support but my favorite is Leona, I don't know why I don't see her more often, she makes early kills so easy.

Gato Muerto

04-01-2012

In before IronStylus makes it 9000.

Zogar1993

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
There's no single best support but my favorite is Leona, I don't know why I don't see her more often, she makes early kills so easy.
well that was posted before i could finish the post so if the poll ends without him giving an answer i will add 1 to leonas final score.

Dilusion

04-01-2012

Wheres Lux

DMPuffy

04-01-2012

Janna because she throws Kennen/Morgana/Karthus away from the team.

KrystalSundancer

04-01-2012

LMAO, Karma isn't included.

Edit - Well played OP

Saolue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

I like lulu and sona, Lulu being my favorite right now...
Lulu is just a much more active of a support, actually having to have good reaction times and good aiming to make the most of her... even being smart by positioning pix is required. She is just a ton of fun and does a good sized amount of damage. She can go full support or AP, which makes her versatile and i really enjoy her. Had her since first day and i don't regret it!
Sona i just enjoy so much. She is probably the most supportish of any of the official supports. Soraka yes, but ALL of sonas skills actually are supportish... starcall i don't think does much except lowers MR...
(I'm not a fan of Tanky supports either, Taric and Galio aren't that fun to me... and they don't fill the void of what i like... non tanks xD)

And yes, i only think that so many of the official supports are even supports... Lux is not a support, neither is Morgana, Teemo, Ashe, Leona, Heimerdinger... I just don't call them a support cause they really aren't a FULL support... you might be able to help save someones life with a slow, a measley shield, a blind... but when it comes to it, I really only call, Taric, Galio, Karma, Lulu, Sona, Soraka, Janna, Kayle (sorta xD) and even Zilean i guess, supports... (Maybe even Nidalee and Shen I guess)
All the others are Halfs or Quarters supports, and don't help nearly as much playing support than what they actually should be doing...

Ottobot

04-01-2012

lux, leona, and morg work fine as support. i heard cc is good

DMPuffy

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottobot View Post
lux, leona, and morg work fine as support. i heard cc is good
The problem with these three, is that if your enemies have half a brain, they won't get hit by the CC early, and without any kind of real sustain, increased AD, or damage mitigation, you might be at a disadvantage early game leading into the enemy snowballing into late game by zoning you and getting free farm.

Lux pushes the lane with her harass, her CC is not reliable, her shield is not instant and if the AD carry is moving around to dodge skillshots, the shield can miss rendering it completely useless. She also does not have any kind of sustain or useful aura, and her utility late game is pretty low.

Leona out of these three is the best support option, but often outshined. She does have very strong CC, but she has no sustain or damage mitigation. Her passive is also a waste most of the time because she is not actively hitting champions early game. Though, late game she brings a lot of utility to teamfights.

Morgana is a champion designed to do major damage, be incredibly sustainable, and push like mad. She "can" support with black shield and CC, but the CC is incredibly easy to dodge and while CC reduction is nice, the majority of damage your AD carry will be taken will be from physical attacks and physical spells. She "can" support, but it's not a great champion for support, and she is FAR more useful to a team as a pushing, farming, major utility champion. She needs gold to get her core items, and she can't get that gold in bot lane.

All three champions CAN work, but they are all subpar when played as support. There are simply better options.