Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People Abusing Reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBelongInELOHell

04-01-2012

I'm getting tired of trying to learn and play this game with the 1,000,000,000,000 smurf players expecting everyone to play a 2,000 ELO level.

And when they decide to baron and die they blame you. And report you because you said it was a bad idea and you didn't come fast enough...

to all you smurf players out there.

Login your main account and go get htat banned. Stop trolling the lowbies learning to play.

And to everyone else. Yes I know what ELO is. Some people research a game before playing.

TwistWrist

04-01-2012

Being reported doesn't mean you'll get banned.

Hail Teemo

04-01-2012

And people saying they're reporting you doesn't mean they will, especially in that sort of situation. They are generally trolling, raging, or a bit of both(troging? ralling?)

Either way the best thing to do is ignore them, either mentally or with the in game option. I have never found it to be either helpful to the team or worth my time when trying to respond to someone in either mode.

y2khippy

04-01-2012

last anouncement there was only 32 million acounts.

And Smurfs generally have had their proper acount suspended and that is why they are back lashing against the new members. If they fail barron then they probly are not 2000 ELO, and generally the smurfs that i am speaking about (Trolls that have been suspended) are no where near that ELO.

chemdog441

04-01-2012

in my experience, just avoid the forums and /ignore players. youd be surprised how fast people drop their tough guy act on the internet when someone doesn't give them fuel to their fire. youll also see how fast they are to change from you when you dont respond to someone who will rage back. most jerk players on here just want to fight.
as you may have noticed, most new players here with reasonable problems against the community always get thumbed down and the people who give the worst sarcastic replies get the most thumbs up. (not referring to the nice fellow above me)

There are reasonable people out there but it isn't easy to find. trust me if you play like you do in real life and not take out your high school problems here, people will catch onto that and invite you to be their friends.

You can invite me to if you need some place to start.

good luck out there but if you've come to the wrong place for advice. most people here will act just like they do in-game and say it's your fault all the kids are raging on you.

edit: as you can see from my downvotes, the trolls hate when mature players offer advice to counter them XD

Serra ArkAngel

04-01-2012

They can report you for whatever they want but if the logs don't back it up its not going to fly.

The worst they can do is report you for being unskilled which will ideally knock you out of their ELO range.

Please note YOU CANNOT BE BANNED FOR BEING UNSKILLED. You can be banned for raging, leaving, assisting the enemy team but you won't be banned for a Trollesque offense without proof to back it up.

Jurgrady

04-01-2012

If you can't be banned for being unskilled than why is it an option in the report choices. (Seriously wondering because I've wondered why that is in there at all.)

Serra ArkAngel

04-01-2012

Quote:
Jurgrady:
If you can't be banned for being unskilled than why is it an option in the report choices. (Seriously wondering because I've wondered why that is in there at all.)

It affects your ELO (Your hidden one Idk if it affects your ranked ELO). The point of the report unskilled option is to place you in a bracket to play against other players in a similar skill bracket. If you select the option a POP up comes out letting you know its not a bannable offense.

You will never be banned for "sucking" at LoL as long as its not on purpose. Now if you gp 0/20/0 and say in /all that you're feeding on purpose expect Tribunal to pay a visit to your game logs.

Aiydee

04-02-2012

Out of curiousity, if you get tagged 'unskilled' is there any peer review process? Or is it something where you can just assume that if 1 person in the team tags everyone, you can hopefully be comfortable in realizing that noone else did and therefore that 1 person is just seen as a whinger?

Curious. I'm not fussed about ELO. I'm fussed about fun and don't care what my score is/becomes. So yeah..

<throws confetti>

Dave

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-02-2012

Unskilled doesn't directly affect Elo; it just flags the case for review.