[Guide] Recurve Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nappydude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-06-2010

Yea can u answer the top post plz, that would be great? I also would like an answer to the question he posted.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

"Nobody can outpush you 1v1"
Wrong. Singed outpushes everyone 1v1.

Dahawa

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by betrayedprince View Post

@Dahawa - The only reason I do not get Dred's immediately is because I feel that killing enemy champions is better for the team. If that makes sense to you. When I have boots and the longsword, I can easily kill champs that I have outleveled even when I jungle(probably around level 4-6). As soon as you get the dred's using this build, then go for the dragon. No one else but Warwick is capable of doing dragon that early anyway unless 2 or 3 champs help out. It's safe to say that the dragon will stay alive after you've had your fist kills. That's me though.
Additionally, if you read my guide, I like pushing. Even if the enemy team grabs the dragon before me, it's going to pale in comparison to killing one or two champs and a tower. Again, it goes down to your style of play. You can mix things up with this build and still go for your early dragon. Later in the game, you will still own. You are Udyr after all. hahaha UDYR SMASH!!!!!
Thanks for the advice

ThatKuhlKid

08-06-2010

Something to think about; Your build seems to be centered around attack speed rather than damage, yet you max tiger instead of turtle.Turtle and phenix both scale off of AS/AP making them the skills that I would have thought you wanted to max. What is your reasoning for maxing tiger instead of turtle when your staying power/survivablity is so greatly increased with turtle while the damage output of tiger with no attack items is rather trival (especially when it does magic damage and you have so much armor pen/reduc)?

betrayedprince

08-06-2010

@unjugon: Test it out. And make sure you have all the runes and masteries for the build. If you have the wrong runes or masteries, chances are, you'll die at the Golem. lol

On winning: You are only a key player. The way you worded your post is like you're saying that if Udyr has the wrong build the team will lose for sure. No. That's just like asking how Michael Jordan pulled all those wins when he does not have as many assists as Magic Johnson.

I'm not going to judge your ability to use Udyr. But what you just said about him not being fast enough is incorrect. Zerks and bear(w/ the stun) is often enough to land kills. Don't forget about your team. When you gank, you preferrably gank a mid/low hp hero while he's alone. Or gank one with full hp with one or two allies. You don't have to do everything. Don't think just because Udyr is a badass(which he is) that it all depends on him. That's the wrong way of thinking.
AND... if you can't kill, as I said, push towers. The game is about destroying their Nexus, mainly.

@Praetor Kamahl - I'd like to see Singed destroy two towers in under two minutes while my team defends against 5 pushers. Just saying.

@ThatKuhlKid - ASPD will help with tiger. If you try the build and proceed to take down towers, you'll know why I picked Tiger over Turtle. I personally don't use Tiger in combat, but I use it a lot when hitting towers where not all abilities can activate upon hit. I guess I should have explained that in the guide. lol

ThatKuhlKid

08-06-2010

I max turtle first and let me tell you the survivabilty it offers is essential because you are going to be focused in team fights because you are constantly able to stun someone on their team. Also you can farm with turtle on after fights and still get the madreds proc for epic life steal (w your emblem/starks) while rehabing your mana. Tiger grants attack speed passively so buying more attack speed and maxing it seems like overkill. Im not arguing with you, but rather showing you what i believe to be what gives you greater utility. There are better DPS out there but there there may not be a champ that can stun everyone/inflict aoe damage/chase better and you cant do any of these things (even dps) if you are dead

nappydude

Recruiter

08-06-2010

I guess i just have to play someone else until i reach lvl 30 then bec this guide doesn't help the players around lvl 10-15. Or is most guides like this!!!???

betrayedprince

08-06-2010

@ThatKhulKid - I understand what you're saying. haha. No worries. My point is that this build concentrates really on pushing a lot. Most builds tell you to kill kill kill other champs. My build says that and push towers even solo. I dunno. I guess I'm more suited for super fast combat rather than a long one.

betrayedprince

08-06-2010

@nappydude - not necessarily. There's also another way to jungle with him if you don't have the required runes. A cloth and 5 pots should do the trick. Only, you'll have to use another build. I think the build listings that is stickied on the guide forums will lead you to the right link.