Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shyvana Cosplay in the making

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coco Rocha

04-05-2012

Quote:
Nº 5:
I highly recommend Graftobian theatrical cosmetics. So far I've used their gold and silver loose pigments combined with their mixing fluid for Orianna cosplays. It adhered without cracking, flaking, or becoming greasy. In addition, the paints did not wreck my skin. I've used cake paints which have caused terrible acne.

Here is a link to the Graftobian application/drying process if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TifyDfQGH9E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TifyDfQGH9E)

Wow, thats pretty cool! Thanks for showing me this its a really nice video! I'm just a bit worried about using make up though because it will probably smudge off no? I have no idea what I'm going to do for the skin colour.. but I was hoping for something with a bit of transparency and something that will dye the skin.. not just cover it. If that makes any sense -_-. I heard food colouring might be an option for this...

Coco Rocha

04-05-2012

Quote:
Lagfromhell:
Subscribed to the blog since I'm too lazy to track this thread. Good stuff so far, keep up the good work.

Thanks! Actually I almost have the arm pieces done.. I'll post them up saturday!

Nº 5

04-06-2012

Quote:
Coco Rocha:
Wow, thats pretty cool! Thanks for showing me this its a really nice video! I'm just a bit worried about using make up though because it will probably smudge off no? I have no idea what I'm going to do for the skin colour.. but I was hoping for something with a bit of transparency and something that will dye the skin.. not just cover it. If that makes any sense -_-. I heard food colouring might be an option for this...

I think that professional theatrical makeup that is used in Broadway musicals or circus acts will not smudge upon contact. Graftobian is famous for their metallic paints because those random dancers on the sidewalk often use it to paint all exposed skin from head to toe as they do their robotic dances. You're right in that the coverage would probably be too heavy. Cream paints create much more subtle layers of opacity but they risk smudging/looking smeared. Maybe I will buy a product from a different company like Ben Nye and test it out in my makeup tutorials muahahahahahahahahaha

Er
Anyway

I checked out your blog and I want to join so badly. SO BADLY XD
I feel that in game communities (particularly League), the female cosplayers are very isolated from each other and can sometimes make easy targets. This can prevent future girls from stepping forward because they fear the trolling etc. You guys have a great idea going and I'm definitely bookmarking the wordpress even if I'm not admited hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

-bye :3

Coco Rocha

04-07-2012

Quote:
Nº 5:
I think that professional theatrical makeup that is used in Broadway musicals or circus acts will not smudge upon contact. Graftobian is famous for their metallic paints because those random dancers on the sidewalk often use it to paint all exposed skin from head to toe as they do their robotic dances. You're right in that the coverage would probably be too heavy. Cream paints create much more subtle layers of opacity but they risk smudging/looking smeared. Maybe I will buy a product from a different company like Ben Nye and test it out in my makeup tutorials muahahahahahahahahaha

Er
Anyway

I checked out your blog and I want to join so badly. SO BADLY XD
I feel that in game communities (particularly League), the female cosplayers are very isolated from each other and can sometimes make easy targets. This can prevent future girls from stepping forward because they fear the trolling etc. You guys have a great idea going and I'm definitely bookmarking the wordpress even if I'm not admited hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

-bye :3

Haha, I'm really glad you enjoy our blog! Actually, we just started this week. We only started it because we had so much to share with other people. It took me a lot of time to research how to make proper cosplay, so I thought I could also share mine. The blog doesn't make any profit, its just for fun! Even then, we have a lot of friends who also want to be apart of it, but for now we are only going to keep it as 6 people....We really love your stuff as well, and hope you keep doing it! Cutesauce mentioned she's already visited your youtube tutorials previously! Maybe if we ever need more content or expand later on we'll definitely let you know! We'll keep in touch and follow your youtube channel =).

I also just updated Part 2 of the Shyvana cosplay if you want to check it out:
http://glamorousgamergirls.wordpress...osplay-part-2/

CuteSauce

04-08-2012

arm pieces are sooo cool looking!

z3rafan

Recruiter

04-08-2012

wow, just awesome!

Gubogi

04-08-2012

Looks amazing so far.

123fakestreet

04-12-2012

Update when you paint the arms!

adamerickson

Recruiter

04-12-2012

I LOVE YOU! Shyvana is my favorite and you are doing a great job with the cosplay it looks amazing!

Coco Rocha

04-17-2012

Just updated the to part 3!

Check it out:
http://glamorousgamergirls.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/shyvana-cosplay-part-3/

Please provide any feedback! If something looks wrong/weird, please let me know! Constructive criticism is welcomed!