Why does teammate quality fluctuate so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunnar Peterson

04-01-2012

One game I'll have a great team where everyone is good and we will win 400-0 but next game I'll get a team of which some have no clue and all go bottom or something. I've just had some games with some laughably bad players but manage to win some of them because the team was also bad. Prior to those game I've some amazing teammates.

Ikarurob

04-01-2012

why did you post this in dominion? theres 10 of these threads in GD.

its almost like you pay no attention to anyone but yourself.

SoSalty

04-01-2012

In the recent patch with the removal of Jabebot giving Dominion ELO, Riot also "tweaked" matchmaking to match people up against a wider range of similar ELO.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Everyone gets in a bad comp or has a bad game sometimes.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
In the recent patch with the removal of Jabebot giving Dominion ELO, Riot also "tweaked" matchmaking to match people up against a wider range of similar ELO.
The term "similar" is used very loosely. When you have 2000+ ELO players getting matched with people that are not lvl 30. Friend reported one guy that was lvl 20 on his team.

It is obvious they system is matching people first come first serve with no real priority on ELO.

PhreakInfinity

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post
The term "similar" is used very loosely. When you have 2000+ ELO players getting matched with people that are not lvl 30. Friend reported one guy that was lvl 20 on his team.

It is obvious they system is matching people first come first serve with no real priority on ELO.
It's actually relative to how long you wait in a matchmaking queue. If you wait long enough then you sort of just get thrown into a game with whoever is playing without regard to player skill or level.

inFe eD

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhreakInfinity View Post
It's actually relative to how long you wait in a matchmaking queue. If you wait long enough then you sort of just get thrown into a game with whoever is playing without regard to player skill or level.
Wrong. 2200 now, still get level 13 players on my team with less than 2 minute waits. Saying that they're out of their depth is a bit of an understatement.

PhreakInfinity

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Wrong. 2200 now, still get level 13 players on my team with less than 2 minute waits. Saying that they're out of their depth is a bit of an understatement.
Part of it is that once you start doing really well the match making system starts putting you into match-ups that your slated to lose (low level teammates, lower elo teammates, higher elo opponents ect.) . If you don't that drives your elo up even higher than normal.

Laurix

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
Is that confirmed?

I don't see anything anywhere that Riot tweaked matchmaking.

Regardless, I think it's true, just wondering the source.

Wyvernfist

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
Is that confirmed?

I don't see anything anywhere that Riot tweaked matchmaking.

Regardless, I think it's true, just wondering the source.
I thought all we've seen about this was Jabe's speculation.