Annie vs Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tr1gg3r93

08-05-2010

I've been maining Ryze lately and I heard Annie was better so I decided to buy her and I don't see what makes Annie "that good".

Is she actually good or am I just a nub?

Brassherald

08-05-2010

Her bear, Tibbers, have you seen it?

A Super Saiyan 3

08-05-2010

Mainly cause her tibbers can take mass dukes on everybody if ignored.

Feynt

08-05-2010

Annie's good because she has rather high AP ratios as well as the ability to stun often with her offensive spells. Using your AoE spells to trigger that stun, you've more or less cemented the victory of your team. Tibbers also gives you a rather substantial footing in the early to mid game fights, and Molten Shield combined with Thornmail will end up ruining most melee attackers (often taking over half their health unless they stack MR).

Eppa

08-05-2010

Her level 6 burst his higher. Stun>Snare especially as Annie has an AoE one. And she is way harder to kill. Ryze can do more damage though.

Jath

08-05-2010

The few times I was Ryze up against an Annie, she wasn't that great. It could be because it was a bit early in the game, and we were both mid, but I was able to kill her quite a few times in different games. I don't know if it was just because they were bad, or not. But they were level 30. Thennnn you go to Akali vs Annie and I still have no clue WTF happened...

Mr Pookiekins

08-05-2010

annie is better cuz shes cute and has a teddy bear end of discussion xD

Feynt

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jath View Post
The few times I was Ryze up against an Annie, she wasn't that great. It could be because it was a bit early in the game, and we were both mid, but I was able to kill her quite a few times in different games. I don't know if it was just because they were bad, or not. But they were level 30. Thennnn you go to Akali vs Annie and I still have no clue WTF happened...
Ryze has an advantage early game because he doesn't need to be close enough to cast directly at her, but can still hit her. With the lower health totals early/mid game, this means Ryze can start a fight relatively fresh while she's taken a few bouncing balls to the face. Even if she does stun with her opening salvo, Ryze can usually finish her with spike damage in one or two spells before she can do the same, because her opening puts him on equal footing with her. The follow up is what kills.

Akali versus Annie, depends. Through much of the game I would expect Akali to win, but if Annie gets a Thornmail and maxes Molten Shield, the tables turn rather quickly.

Jath

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
Ryze has an advantage early game because he doesn't need to be close enough to cast directly at her, but can still hit her. With the lower health totals early/mid game, this means Ryze can start a fight relatively fresh while she's taken a few bouncing balls to the face. Even if she does stun with her opening salvo, Ryze can usually finish her with spike damage in one or two spells before she can do the same, because her opening puts him on equal footing with her. The follow up is what kills.

Akali versus Annie, depends. Through much of the game I would expect Akali to win, but if Annie gets a Thornmail and maxes Molten Shield, the tables turn rather quickly.
With Ryze, I agree. The lower health makes it pretty easy to kill Annie with the spike damage. That's why I like Ryze vs her as it helps with the feeding of Ryze.

With Akali, I agree. Akali should win, and I have had her win a few times. I just don't know what happened one game last night. It was Taric, my friend and I both level 6, and an Annie and Rammus. Annie didn't have her shield on, Taric stunned her, and I went in for burst damage. We were on her for about 5 seconds, which should've been plenty of time to get her. Only half health. And the summer was only level 19, which runes wouldn't have that much of a difference. She had low health. I just don't see how she didn't die, because I wasn't stun locked.

Johnnylocke

08-05-2010

annie vs ryze really isn't a fair argument, since they play very very differently. ryze has way shorter cd's due to his cooldowns, but annies abilities hit harder per hit. ryze has a short cd snare, while annie has a charge up stun. when they run together though, **** drops left and right