stop "calling" positions and start asking for them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by faak View Post
It would be cool if we could select our role(s) before queuing for a draft
So you have people queue up as Support b/c the wait time is shorter and then they take whatever they wanted anyways.

Lerry the Lebster

04-05-2012

If only people weren't idiots...I'm sick of seeing "AP SION MID OR TROLL" first thing in a game. How are people like that not in Elo hell?

4ntiSqueaker

04-05-2012

I wish we had a checkbox when queueing for Draft/Ranked of what we can play well. See two people checked top? See what else your team needs and what everyone wants to play.

Atzigan

04-05-2012

Best thing one can do in ranked is :
1.- State your best two possible lanes
2.- Say in what you suck

Give them two possibilities not just one. Be good at least at two spots.
If all else fails, don't troll, use the character you're best with and go to the spot that's left.
If you don't know how to support, then dont, if you suck at range ad don't. Pick your best and make a difference, get a gank, roam whatever works for the team but secure your lane as well.

That's when your being smart'rrrr gives the win.

Jurgrady

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedArts View Post
Asking is the correct way to go about this because in ranked you don't get to make the calls Mr last pick your usually last for a reason so just make sure you learn multiple roles I'm comfortable in any role myself with multiple champions (doesn't mean I'm perfect but I do my best)
The order is completely random, not determined by a single thing, being last doesn't mean a thing in terms of skill or experience in draft games.

xJoKeRx69

04-05-2012

whats wrong with a top sion?? sometimes i wished someone on my team woulda picked sion to go top as instead of a fiora when she gets steamrolled by a reneck and or ls

Tiny Asian Duck

04-05-2012

I disagree. I love when someone auto locks ahri and says mid then proceeds to not do anything and fail at csing. And, I'm a noob. But meh, that's why I'm learning all the different roles and trying to semi-master them.

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

I agree. When I play ranked or normal draft, my first posts in the pre-game chat are almost always:

Chislayer Osiris: Hey Guys.
Chislayer Osiris: My best lanes are Top, Mid, and Ranged AD bot.
Chislayer Osiris: My worst are jungle and support. I'd prefer support over jungle though if I have to play one of them.

I precede to try and find out everyone's best lanes... then try to make sure they get them.
I really dislike playing support, because I feel like I can have a much more substantial effect on the game in any of my better roles, but I'll play it if it's needed.

MOST of the time I get really good responses from this approach and everybody goes along with my democracy; usually everyone gets the lanes they're decent at.
I have gotten 2-3 games where someone is like "**** you, you're playing support. I don't give a ****" and "stfu or i'm feeding," though =/
All the games with bad responses have been losses because of the team picking a terrible composition.

BananaSniper

04-06-2012

Am I the only player who doesn't call out a position rather ask the people above me with higher ELO what they are playing then just take whatever? Example, If Im second pick I only care what the person above me is playing, if he wants top, I go mid, if he wants mid I go top, and If Im last pick I take whatever is left. I'd rather win the game then lose trolling