stop "calling" positions and start asking for them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noshamwow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWhippy View Post
These players tend to be really adamant about going to the lanes because that's all they know how to do. I mean if you look at the match history of these people you'll see that they've been playing that champion ever since they were level 10. It's uncomfortable being put into a new role. My solution is to just learn more roles since it's necessary in ranked level 30. It's good because it increases my knowledge of how each lane plays so I can prep for junglers and know how to synergize with others whilst improving my overall skill.
Had this problem in a normal draft mode. Summoner picked Graves last after we had Vayne for duo bot with Janna. He fed the other team till we lost.
It would be nice if people were to ask to play a crertain role yes but in the interwebz you wont find that a lot of other people really actually give a s^!&.

Blaine Tog

04-01-2012

I think it's ok to call positions, but if someone else asks politely if they may have it, you should give it to them. Rudeness in champion select is justifiable reason to que dodge.

Best Novi NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Play draft.

fastplay

04-01-2012

this abit funny they nothing wrong with asking for somewhere you can play but if you last pick you mostly not going to get it other then the odd time I think it better to say what you can play then asking or called for somewhere then it at less mean most of the time you going to get it.

because it easy to setup a good team comp knowing where other can play well I can be first pick and say I can play solo top, jungleing or AD range carry bot. most in ranked will try to set up around where I can play so I can play somewhere I good at or so other can play somewhere they good at.

Virgiel

04-01-2012

TOP PLS dU.UP

Captain Stingray

04-02-2012

What me and my friends usually do is say what we CAN play, and then figure out a good team from there. if i really want to work on something, ill ask if i can, no matter where i am in the draft.

WickedArts

04-02-2012

Asking is the correct way to go about this because in ranked you don't get to make the calls Mr last pick your usually last for a reason so just make sure you learn multiple roles I'm comfortable in any role myself with multiple champions (doesn't mean I'm perfect but I do my best)

AJStarhiker

04-02-2012

In the current meta, my prefered order of play is Bot (either role), top, jungle, mid. I don't play AP much, so with AP mid as the current standard, I do terribly and I'm only marginally better in the jungle.

unlimited 1up

faak

04-05-2012

It would be cool if we could select our role(s) before queuing for a draft