stop "calling" positions and start asking for them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unlimited 1up

03-31-2012

So almost every game as soon as I join the draft someone says "top" and someone above him will say "no I'm top". Then of course the lower pick will say " I called it". An argument and name calling will usually ensue.

Today I witnessed an argument over who deserves top when 2 people "called" it at virtually the same time, as if typing quickly what role you want is necessary as soon as you join a character selection screen.

I say no more "calling" positions just pick whatever role is available when it comes your turn to pick.

If you are unable to play a certain role, or are really wanting to play a certain champ then politely request your intentions to the rest of your team. If they are unwilling or unable to oblige you then last pick is last pick you will have to deal with it.

iko

03-31-2012

If only

iko

03-31-2012

If only this were possible

AutumnGreen

04-01-2012

It matters very little whether you call or ask for a position. Many players I have met in this game are quite rude and do not care if your team loses and will go to whatever lane they want.

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

These players tend to be really adamant about going to the lanes because that's all they know how to do. I mean if you look at the match history of these people you'll see that they've been playing that champion ever since they were level 10. It's uncomfortable being put into a new role. My solution is to just learn more roles since it's necessary in ranked level 30. It's good because it increases my knowledge of how each lane plays so I can prep for junglers and know how to synergize with others whilst improving my overall skill.

CrazyLincoln

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

I have noticed this as well. My choice is usually draft with 2 people arguing over top. The second to pick will grab his champ regardless and either troll or otherwise negatively impact the team (not always intentionally). Or I can go blind pick and have 3 people insta lock AP casters.

Some people just do not realize this is a team game, and that it's not all about them.

Fenrirrhowl

04-01-2012

UltraKill

04-01-2012

Amen, brother, preaching to the choir!

Queen Sejuani

04-01-2012

I do this all the time. People really need to follow this sh it.

Especially when you are thinking about the whole comp. When there is literally no AoE available and you wanna go mid as Galio or something with some good AoE to help your team and then you have somebody instalock Katarina while they have at least 4 stuns that could hit her out of it. That or picking sh!tty roles as a whole (Like Sion top)

PimpDeLaSwag

Recruiter

04-01-2012

All i want from riot's players is for this to happen