Are Tanky Champs too Strong in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notorious Reed

02-05-2012

Throw some of your input at me on who you think the imbalanced champions are in Dominion. Personally, I believe that Tanky AD champs are the best because it's very easy to farm up items with the constant gold coming in as well as buy simple items such as a Thornmail to counter ANY AD that tries to kill you.

FDru

02-05-2012

Nope. AD assassins are the strongest champs in Dominion and always have been.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

And if I say AP assassins are blatantly OP in Dominion we would have 3 different opinions in this thread! Honestly though the fact that people are making posts like this kind of prove that Dominion is "relatively" balanced. I won't lie when I think there are a few exceptions but those are in both modes and quite frankly all games. Just learn what counters that champ and exploit that weakness!

Notorious Reed

02-05-2012

Meh, if you think AD assassins are the strongest in Dominion then you must not be going through what I am. I just went through a game where 4/5 of the other team build a Thornmail and we were completely DOMINATING them. Once they build a thornmail, the 3 AD champs we had (me being one of them) had no way to counter it. I did everything I could, I bought Lifesteal, Armor Pen, Magic resist. I couldn't do ANYTHING to counter the Thornmails.

GaryFrackinOak

02-05-2012

There was one game where the enemy had 3 tanky dps and 2 AD assassins.

I was Janna.

I stacked armor. Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen.

300+ Armor Janna.

Let's tornado some *****es while they tickle me. 1v3'd 3 of them on a tower with garrison. I had Heal, but didn't even need to use it.

Woulda gone Fratmas afterward for lulz, but when a team has trouble killing a Janna, let alone the AD Poppy she's throwing endless shields on that's smashing their asses into next Tuesday, games tend to end rather soon.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Thornmail is a simple item that provides stats, you bought items with stats that countered those, thats it. It seems like your problem got nothing to do with the item or with "tanky dps".

larkhill

02-05-2012

by themselves, no. they have to have a team built around them for them to succeed. get a team of all tanky dps vs a balanced team . the balanced team will wi nevery time

this is a lot like saying junglers are op in SR. they are a part of the game, and have their counters just like anyone else.

The LORD saves

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious Reed View Post
Meh, if you think AD assassins are the strongest in Dominion then you must not be going through what I am. I just went through a game where 4/5 of the other team build a Thornmail and we were completely DOMINATING them. Once they build a thornmail, the 3 AD champs we had (me being one of them) had no way to counter it. I did everything I could, I bought Lifesteal, Armor Pen, Magic resist. I couldn't do ANYTHING to counter the Thornmails.
... not all champs that do physical damage are AD. Reasses your analysis with this information and you will come to a different conclusion.

Notorious Reed

02-05-2012

Well it's not like that. In Dominion, I'm having to spend 6000-7000 gold JUST to counter 1 Thornmail. Squishy champions really suck in Dominion unless they are hiding behind other champs. It really shouldn't be this way. If I'm playing Ezreal and I'm hitting a caitlyn from a far range and a Rammus comes out of nowhere with his powerball and his 1000 Movement speed, there's nothing I can do. As SOON as rammus taunts me I'm dead, regardless of if Cait hits me. He's got too much damage because the items given to him are provided too easily.

Notorious Reed

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
... not all champs that do physical damage are AD. Reasses your analysis with this information and you will come to a different conclusion.
So what you're implying Mister Justaire, is that I should completely not play champions in Dominion? Why are champions WORTHLESS in this game type. Every champion should be balanced and playable and you just stated that some aren't fit to play the game.