Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karusan View Post
Just because I do well with her doesn't mean she's not broken. I have had tons of practice with her, but that doesn't mean I don't think she is very flawed in some regards and has absolutely no way of turning around a bad game like almost every other champ can.

She can turn a 50/50 game into your favor by ganking a lot better than a lot of other champs, but if they get the upper hand, you will not get it back.

And my original argument anyway was that she needs attention because of the horrible negative attitudes I get from picking her at all, which are far more detrimental than any of her flaws.
Oh, I agree with you, man. I also picked up Eve and ended up racking up an insane amount of kills almost immediately; she fit my devious and conniving style almost perfectly due to some things that are done right.

When I saw Phreak post about how Eve was for unskilled players, though, I knew I was part of the problem. Whether or not he was talking about "for use by" or "for use against" with regards to those players, I was making Evelynn look way too good in what was becoming more frequent use of Evelynn.

Stomping players that simply don't know better will never get Evelynn fixed. You and I know she's a failure compared to some other heroes, so I've decided instead to deliberately crush every Evelynn I meet on the opposing team.

As you might already know, doing so is easy.

Continuing to win with her will never change the opinions of the people that get to make the decision to fix her.

-Danny
double-edged sword

Pseudobeast

08-05-2010

What if they changed the ult so that she was undetectable by wards and oracles for like 10 seconds, along with gaining the speed boost? That would allow her gankability for upper levels of play, and wouldn't change anything in lower ELO, since they don't buy wards anyways.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudobeast View Post
What if they changed the ult so that she was undetectable by wards and oracles for like 10 seconds, along with gaining the speed boost? That would allow her gankability for upper levels of play, and wouldn't change anything in lower ELO, since they don't buy wards anyways.
Immunity to stealth detection wouldn't be a good thing at all. Uncounterable stealth will not help her case whatsoever and would make her unbalanced. The point is to give her utilities, not band-aid over a design flaw.

Pseudobeast

08-05-2010

It wouldn't be an unlimited immunity to stealth detection, just a few seconds so that she can engage, you know?

Shizuhara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

As much as I have to admit she needs some love, I really do like her ultimate where it is. I've been playing an armor reduction Eve lately with great results but if they take away her ability to go AP or AD she becomes just another squishy caster overshadowed by Annie and the gang.

I don't know what's taking so long but I like to think that they're just trying to get it right.

hyliandanny

08-05-2010

Speaking completely naively and as a simple user, I would be fine with merely a health regeneration boost or a life-leech (or mana-leech?) addition to her passive. Her passive currently requires you to not be stealthed, so it would only make her better without feeling like she's breaking the game.

In addition, a mana/health-regenerative passive would also fit with her (suspected) vampiric lore. This is the most important criteria to satisfy, of course.

I also disagree with "uncounterable" stealth. That would be far too empowering.

Dracorya

08-05-2010

I thought they did have some changes for her in mind, mostly a big change to her ultimate. But I guess they saw problems and decided to scrap them until they figured out a better change.

kyanos

08-05-2010

well said... and like i mentioned before, breaking wards is really easy anyway, just grab an oracles elixer yourself. as long as your invisible your not as likely to die, and even without wards theres plenty of stealth detection out there... kennen for example can and does detect and pinpoint stealth characters for his whole team. i abuse that if im fighting an evelynn, though its in part related to luck. basically if you can get a thunder charge on eve, shes screwed even if she goes invisible. just use discharge and it will pinpoint EXACTLY where she is at. its the only electric arc with nothing at the endpoint :P a few other characters can pinpoint her like that im sure, though i dont know who else offhand.

i didnt say hate spike was weak overall, its a decent spell... as i pointed out, some folks actually just grap AP and spam hate spike- its their only source of DPS all game. i prefer not to do that though cause small consistant DPS is not a good system for an assassin who has to get in your face to do it. by nature assassin's are squishy as anything. its like having a mage walk up and start physically trying to beat you down o.o you just give em a funny look and backhand em and their done... unfortunately eve is the same.

only utility her passive has is she can walk into the middle of a creep wave to kill an opponent, and walk out without noticing them... of course it would be better if she could /kill/ them, but thats not her style...

i'd agree with her ult being buffed, mebbe not switched out... the MS/AS bonus is awesome, and all it requires is ANYONE on your team to get a kill. it doesnt have to be eve that does it... and as a physical DPS eve i used to farm up my ult using my ult XD basically have her consistantly running at max attack speed and try to spike her damage/crits as high as possible...

the main problem with eve as is is her inconsistancy... ravage is a good skill for both AP and DP eve's, stealth is a **** skill for both thanks to the damage delay, her ult is dedicated to physical and hate spike is AP... why not switch ravage and her ult? i think everyone could agree with that... her current ult could be split into two components, the first being she heals if she participates in the kill, as her passive or part of her passive...

err, lemme do this in proper format

default - Spite
whenever eve participates in a kill and qualifies as killer OR assist, she heals for 25% of the targets max hp.

basic skills

Hate Spike-
as currently sits

Shadow Walk-
same as currently sits WITHOUT the delay from damage.

Malice-
Evelynn can trigger this ability to gain increased attack speed and movement speed.

maybe keep the 'gotta get a kill' aspect of malice to import the entirety of that aspect...

Ultimate-
Ravage, when she hits a target (from ANY angle) she deals damage (on par with an ultimate skill) and reduces their armor and magic resist.

that way she's not imba'd in favor of either AP or AD because the abilities that favor AP or AD are both basic abilities... equal. it keeps her current set of skills except for her default, and should overall improve her play... thoughts?

as a melee, she could seriously use the speed because she's too squishy to be slow XD look at yi, he's tougher defensively than eve, but faster... stealth balances that somewhat, but...

critiques on proposed fix?

Karusan

08-05-2010

Her ravage and hatespike are fine as they are. Hatespike could use a buff in the form of life leech so she has a way to recover HP over time. She could also use better MP Regeneration.

She needs utility, not damage.

The Space Cowboy

08-05-2010

i think i know what tehy are gonna chnage

1. stun makes pub stomping too easy. they will make her invisi slow instead, and give it armor or mr or something else to make up for it

2. q will proly get spell vamp

3. ulti will be changed to reduceAoE damage like it was before

4. passive will proly give some type of movespeed to make up for ulti

just my guess