Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post

Her current passive is TERRIBLE though. Who cares about less damage from minions if you're invisible half the game? Not only is it a bad passive but it makes no sense on her.
Quote:
Spell Effect
Passive: Each time an enemy champion dies, Evelynn can activate this ability once in the next 3 minutes to gain 50%/75%/100% attack speed and 20%/25%/30% movement speed for 15 seconds (non-stacking, can cast while stealthed). Additionally, if Evelynn has dealt damage to a champion within 10 seconds of their death, she is healed for 25% of the target's maximum health.
This is not worth being a champ's ultimate ability - this is what SHOULD have been her passive to start with.

I can't think of ANY champ that -50% minion damage would be anything but lol'd at. Even champs who specialize in killing minions like Sivir and Heimer wouldn't be caught dead asking for a crappy passive like that.

I mean Voracity is so much better than Determined Killer it's ridiculous.
Quote:
After a kill or assist, Katarina gains 25 gold and her cooldowns are reduced by 20 seconds.
Even as a passive, I'd argue it's better than Evelynn's ultimate. Instant cooldown refresh on Shunpo? Instant 20 seconds off her ultimate? Extra gold even if you kill the 0/25 Yi over and over? Even nerfed, it's still better by miles.

Plus look at Master Yi's ultimate :
Quote:
Spell Effect
Increases Master Yi's movement speed by 30% and Attack Speed by 40/60/80%, and he becomes immune to all slowing effects for 6 / 9 / 12 seconds. Additionally, killing a champion refreshes all of Master Yi's cooldowns and gaining an assist reduces all of Master Yi's cooldowns by half of the base cooldown amount.
It's just BETTER in every way, more movespeed from the start, Attackspeed that MAKES SENSE ON HIM, and CC-Immunity??? -- Not only does it refresh on kills, half on assists, it doesn't 100% depend on a death to activate it in the first place.

Coeurl

08-05-2010

Eve rework takes too much effort and wont make them any money. Just keep making new heroes and nerfing them, and get people to buy those instead.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Honestly I haven't seen a non-troll red post about Eve in over a month.
I saw Phreak post in that "Eve is so UP that.." thread, and I saw Shurelia spout out a stupid 4chan meme but I haven't seen one serious red post. I've seen tons on Garen, Ken, Nunu, Ryze, and all the others AND I've seen bugfixes and results for them.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeurl View Post
Eve rework takes too much effort and wont make them any money. Just keep making new heroes and nerfing them, and get people to buy those instead.
You don't think people bought Kata skins when she was remade?
You don't think people bought tons of the unmasked Kayle skins that nobody would buy before her remake?

People will drop money on skins if they really like the champ. Remaking Evelynn into a more mainstream champ will cause people to buy her amazing skins and will make Riot money. Dumb argument.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Until good players stop using Evelynn, she will not get a rework. If your number of kills and assists outweigh your deaths, you have used Evelynn when you should not have and the other team was simply inept in dealing with you.

Unless it was a ranked match, you have just contributed to that sentiment. If it was a ranked match, you have proved she does not need a revamp.

Dapacman

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karusan View Post
Just replace her crappy passive with current Malice and Spite, activating automatically on any champ death, then give her a real ultimate and a speed boost on activating stealth to give her an escape mechanism. Win-win.
Look at Katarina's passive -- refreshes all cooldowns on kill/assist, Look at Poppy's passive, halves all burst damage. Then look at Eve's - 50% creep (not even neutrals) damage. Wtf?

Current Malice & Spite would be an EXTREMELY good passive on her if she got her double-zhonya ultimate. Force the carry into stasis, get your allies to kill one enemy while their damage dealer is shut down, then go into rage mode and own them.
It works on neutrals. A friend of mine plays Eve as an Aura Tank and we always start out getting jungle creeps. He tanks them and they do very little. It just doesn't say it works on them. Honestly though, if it didn't, he would die every time.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
It works on neutrals. A friend of mine plays Eve as an Aura Tank and we always start out getting jungle creeps. He tanks them and they do very little. It just doesn't say it works on them. Honestly though, if it didn't, he would die every time.
It doesn't work on jungle creeps, dragon, baron, or buff mobs. It works on minions only. Neutrals do low damage as it is to everybody, but it still makes jungling hard for Eve because she has no way of naturally restoring her health, and she is very squishy.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyliandanny View Post
Until good players stop using Evelynn, she will not get a rework. If your number of kills and assists outweigh your deaths, you have used Evelynn when you should not have and the other team was simply inept in dealing with you.

Unless it was a ranked match, you have just contributed to that sentiment. If it was a ranked match, you have proved she does not need a revamp.
Just because I do well with her doesn't mean she's not broken. I have had tons of practice with her, but that doesn't mean I don't think she is very flawed in some regards and has absolutely no way of turning around a bad game like almost every other champ can.

She can turn a 50/50 game into your favor by ganking a lot better than a lot of other champs, but if they get the upper hand, you will not get it back.

And my original argument anyway was that she needs attention because of the horrible negative attitudes I get from picking her at all, which are far more detrimental than any of her flaws.

enderkin

08-05-2010

I don't play Evelynn, but this is a buff/remake thought that I had while reading this thread. Feel free to make comments about any faults you have with it, or tweaks you might make. I tried to address what I thought were her core issues while striving to keep her balanced. Wanted to make her a bit more durable and usable in team fights the way Shaco might be used (as in able to enter, pick off a low hp enemy, and escape quickly and quietly). She's supposed to be a gank champion at her core, so I tried to make it so that given the right timing and conditions she could simply dispose of a squishy caught off guard.

I didn't really consider AP ratios or mana because that's a bit difficult to really balance without a whole lot more than just basic, idle thought, so these moves might be a little bit more powerful than what will probably be truly balanced.

0) That stealth needs to be activatable at will. Increase the cooldown a good amount and give it a fade-away effect, but make it activatable regardless of damage, otherwise she will never escape as well as any other stealth character.

1) Make Hate Spike her ultimate, scale the damage so that at level 1 it does 75/second, level 2 100/second, level 3 125/second. Make the AOE a little less than the size of Nasus's ultimate, and make it a 1-button active for 6 seconds with a normal ultimate cooldown (>60 seconds) so it works like a sunfire cape. Activation of this ultimate also auto-fills 10 stacks on Spite and Malice (described below). This move breaks stealth.

2) Make Spite and Malice her Q, make it passively a small move speed boost for each enemy that dies nearby (mostly minions, but let champions act as multiple stacks). The stacks also increase slowly over time. Create an active which temporarily doubles the accumulated speed bonus and gives an additional hp increase for a short period of time. Make this move usable while in stealth, with cooldowns that increase as you level the skill.

--For instance, at level one Q, each minion killed nearby gives 1 stack for an extra +1.5 move speed passive, 10 stack maximum. Champions count as 10 stacks. At any time, Evelynn can use the charges to activate the skill for a doubled move speed boost (at level 1 this is +30 MS) and a 75 hp increase for 5 seconds. Short cooldown--maybe 15 seconds. In addition to enemy deaths, this ability charges at about 1 stack per 10 seconds at level 1.
--Have each level increase the number of stacks, as well as the MS per stack, extra hp per active. Charge time also decreases, though cooldown will increase.
--I imagine at level 5 Q each stack gives +2.5 move speed per stack with a 20 stack maximum. Active gives her a maximum of +100 move speed and a 300 hp increase for 9 seconds. Cooldown is increased to 18 seconds. Charges independently at a rate of 1 stack per 6 seconds.

The way I figured it was that Eve's biggest problem was her squishy melee nature. If we were to accept her basic melee structure, a remake would have to focus around giving her a good break-in get-out mechanism, which I translated into a charging speed passive with an activatable speed and hp boost. In order to rival Shaco's ability to drop into a fight, clone kill a squishy, and leave, I tried to create an Evelynn that would require some thought to charge up for a gank. Given preparation (inb4 Batman), she could approach, pop Q, stun and ultimate for a devastating combination that could pose a serious threat for squishy champions. Her squishiness would still be an issue, and the short stun means that a good squishy could still escape or counter her attack, but as a stealth assassin she requires the ability to assassinate fleeing characters (as Shaco can). A ghost-move with a little bonus HP would synergize well with her ultimate given good play. I'm no expert, but this seems like it could be effective.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Karusan

08-05-2010

I have no problems with her current hatespike - it is deceptively strong with blue buff and even a small amount of AP. People underestimate small damage over time compared to one big burst.

The problem I have with her is her passive and her lack of escape mechanisms and utility.
Her damage is more than fine and she doesn't need more.