Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaricOfTheMist View Post
eve+nasus love would be nice
You keep your fantasies out of this

Karusan

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaricOfTheMist View Post
eve+nasus love would be nice
Nasus is perfectly fine in every way, one of the best created champions there is -- no cheap tricks, no glaring weaknesses, all skills work together well, and is a great addition to any team. Leave him out of this.

The reason he hasn't been changed is that everyone agrees he's fine.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to get anyone to agree that Eve is fine.

Karusan

08-25-2010

bump

Karusan

08-25-2010

bump, tomorrow is patch day for PTR, hoping for Eve love :]

Wormdowg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2010

Ever tried flash on evelynn???
If they have oracles, just flash into them and stun.
The biggest issue on her is that you cant get to them to initiate on them because when you get near them they cc and rape you.

Karusan

08-25-2010

you cannot flash anymore with evelynn because it removes stealth, so no stun.
I run cleanse or ghost with her.

DrWhiskersTheCat

08-25-2010

And hopefully, they can remove the **** showing threw her bra. Seriously, I can't take her serious.

mayamagick

08-26-2010

I played eve over 600 times, and have over 350 wins with her. I really hope riot doesn't screw her up because she is my fav. I hope they buff her where she does keep all her spells and abilities. I'd like to see her ult be more like Yi's ult where she can't be slowed, or it removes debuffs. Please riot, don't screw her up.

Karusan

08-26-2010

bump for eve love.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-26-2010
6 of 45 Riot Posts

ohai

This one's been a long time coming. As Ryedan said, this is one of the underpowered champions we're putting the most work into right now.

Eve's problem is really simple - she's 100% reliant on stealth to do anything, and stealth is a binary mechanic in LoL. This is why low-elo Eves dominate and she can't be used effectively in higher-ranked games -- being a better player counters Eve more than it does other individual champions. Once discovered, you're essentially a point-blank squishy with low control, which = dead Eve.

That's what we want to try and solve.

While the problem is simple, the solutions are not. While looking at how to make eve strictly less terrible, we also have to examine her role, and make sure she doesn't step on Shaco or Twitch's toes too much when considering remakes and overhauls. On top of this, we want to retain an assassin-like AP/caster character that is more viable against mid and high elo, without steamrolling players that don't know how to deal with stealth.

Currently, we've gotten a new ultimate we're getting pretty happy with, but the rest of the skills are just not all the way there yet. We could respond to the demand for a new, improved Eve by releasing what we have, but frankly I'd rather it take longer and we get it right. With big reworks that aren't absolutely breaking the game, this is our general philosophy.

The game has matured a lot since Evelynn was released, and I think we can use that to make better decisions about her design.