Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Dapacman. I don't agree with you with shadow walk giving bonus damage because that comes from ravage. If you do ravage behind someone, their magic resist and armor is reduced for a few seconds.

kyanos

08-05-2010

were you actually in his crowd control? which is relatively short range, if your in it he should have been able to hit you at least once as well. but run a practice match with friends and test it out. walk up to them and try to stealth, and have them attack you, use abilities, whatever. you'll see what i mean pretty quickly. or better yet, walk into the middle of enemy creeps, which shouldnt hurt a whole lot and have them attack you... and try to stealth. the game mechanics will not let you

my favorite way to counter wards strategies is to grab an oracles elixer o.o i'll know where every single ward is, and i'll be able to blow them up as i wander the map. if they wanna spend craploads of cash to keep those wards maintained, thats fine by me.

eve's not really underpowered, but her stealth and hate spike are unsuited to the character type... and i've seen alot of eve's who do AP build, grab lich bane as like 3rd or 4th item, and just use hate spike for the dps... literally thats the only thing they do. no ravage, no ult, just hate spike.

other reason i dont like running hate spike is because evelynn burns through her mana fast enough, hate spike absolutely wastes it x.x;; wastes as in drains quickly, not as in useless...

never noticed rage quitters cause i grab evelynn in pub, though i prefer playing premade... problem is, when i play evelynn usually going in for the kill even in team fights gets me ganked horribly...

wards are viable for shaco and detection of jungler heroes... not so much twitch or evelynn. just grab oracles and the only viable counter left against you is another oracles unless they kill you O.o

Mr Scorpio

08-05-2010

I'd love to throw some money at the Masquerade Eve skin, but because I'll never play her in ranked at her current state, I'll never get to see it.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

kyanos, i will test this tomorrow. I want to share a strategy of mine too that is related to invis. If i am having a fight with someone and we are both attacking eachother and nobody is running away, i activate invisibility and keep doing my normal thing. 5 seconds later they get stunned for 2 seconds. So that is how to beat people even more with Evelynn.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scorpio View Post
I'd love to throw some money at the Masquerade Eve skin, but because I'll never play her in ranked at her current state, I'll never get to see it.
The artwork for Masquerade Evelynn is so well done - one of the best skins in the game by far. Lots of props to the artists that designed it.
No props to the people who are responsible for balancing her.

Dapacman

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acranist1 View Post
Dapacman. I don't agree with you with shadow walk giving bonus damage because that comes from ravage. If you do ravage behind someone, their magic resist and armor is reduced for a few seconds.
Whoops. Ignore the word "more" in that description I had.

Yes, Ravage does do that. So technically that's Eve's burst. It's not a lot of burst. The Shadow Walk stuns with your next attack or ability, correct? So why can't you go up behind somebody, kick them in the head with your regular attack giving you the stun + a small amount of bonus damage (since she's already based on small amounts of damage anyway), and THEN do Ravage for the burst?

Or better yet, have the stun also lower the MR and Armor off of Shadow Walk so that the burst from Ravage has it's full potential?

I'm just brainstorming at the moment. Either way you missed what I mainly wanted to do. I want to switch Hate Spike to do more damage and be her Ult, and switch Spite and Malice to a regular ability (and weaken it a bit).

Karusan

08-05-2010

Just replace her crappy passive with current Malice and Spite, activating automatically on any champ death, then give her a real ultimate and a speed boost on activating stealth to give her an escape mechanism. Win-win.
Look at Katarina's passive -- refreshes all cooldowns on kill/assist, Look at Poppy's passive, halves all burst damage. Then look at Eve's - 50% creep (not even neutrals) damage. Wtf?

Current Malice & Spite would be an EXTREMELY good passive on her if she got her double-zhonya ultimate. Force the carry into stasis, get your allies to kill one enemy while their damage dealer is shut down, then go into rage mode and own them.

seresibyl

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karusan View Post
The artwork for Masquerade Evelynn is so well done - one of the best skins in the game by far. Lots of props to the artists that designed it.
No props to the people who are responsible for balancing her.
I've asked for them to put it back on sale but NOoOoo.

omnishaz

08-05-2010

Whos going to Pub stomp the worst of the worst without EVE?

Granted shes completely useless in any games about lvl 10. But boy they consider her OP in the Noobie Island.

Dapacman

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karusan View Post
Just replace her crappy passive with current Malice and Spite, activating automatically on any champ death, then give her a real ultimate. Win-win.

Current Malice & Spite would be an EXTREMELY good passive on her if she got her double-zhonya ultimate. Force the carry into stasis, get your allies to kill one enemy while their damage dealer is shut down, then go into rage mode and own them.
You would have to dumb down current Spite and Malice if you made it a passive. The bonuses from it can't be THAT high on a passive skill. Especially not if she's getting an entire new skill from it.

Her current passive is TERRIBLE though. Who cares about less damage from minions if you're invisible half the game? Not only is it a bad passive but it makes no sense on her.