Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A crowd of Ducks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyanos View Post
no acranist, you dont. read her spell effect. if she's attacked it actually resets the delay on her stealth ability... for EVERY time she takes damage. in other words, if she's getting hit for 1 damage every second she will be INCAPABLE of stealthing no matter what she does. its not opinion, its not guess, its fact and its just how her skill works. what your saying is how i WANT it to work and how by rights it should.

their reworking her ult? gahhh, i like her ult as is, its pretty nice... her hate spike is the oddball out, cause low DPS does not synch well with a character that squishy... using hate spike she's very unlikely to be able to out-dps a melee, she can do so with a mage ONLY if the mage burns out their abilities before she attacks. honestly the only reason folks get any kills with hate spike is due to support from teammates and because folks tend to run away from eve...

as to the flash comment, doesnt flash get rid of stealth? which means your sacrificing two seconds of stun.

as it is her abilities give her fairly **** damage, rake is godlike and her ult is fair, her other two abilities are underpowered.... stealth because of the inability to use it while taking any form of damage, and hate spike because its low DPS on a low hp character... thats a setup for suicide unless you hug your allies and dont get noticed in team fights... except with how close you get to the opponent before appearing, thats not very likely
I can't say my flash have killed my stealth yet :x
anyways it's also abit better to use flash if they get away from your intial burst
ultghost in , do your ****
if they get away
flashravage

And anyways , Hate spike .. who uses that for damage.-.
it's just instinc to constantly click it with eve , it just is
tho it's only REALLY good use is proccing Sheen/lich bane
and killstealing minions from ur partner :P

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GantzerKei View Post
@Kagushin
she can easily make any team rage quit
Usually it's my own

Arcanist

08-05-2010

To kyanos. I am still unsure about what you said about stealth because I have ran away from a mundo with his crowd controll around him and i stealthed. If you are vsing melee with Evelynn, the best thing you can do is get at least one sunfire cape.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karusan View Post
Usually it's my own
Made me laugh

Indexus

08-05-2010

I agree so much. Eve needs so much work, which is said in any bigger thread about it, yet nothing happens.
I hardly care she is pubstomping in low elo. In that Elo I can pubstomp with DPS Soraka, so that is NO argument at all. I want to play (with) her in higher elo to and don't hear the cries of my teammates.

Karusan

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acranist1 View Post
, the best thing you can do is get at least one sunfire cape.
Sunfire ruins any attempt at surprise because they will know you're there before you unstealth.

There are much better and cheaper survivability options.

Kroa

08-05-2010

yeah i agree with gantzerkei.A good eve is good no matter what the items and consumables are.shes really well balanced, and i guess her Q is abit underpowered although i havent really thought of it.

ive seen eves tear down the place with our team having oracles and wards everywhere.

When you get oracles and wards for an eve, watch out because you really made her angry. lol

Thing is about this game. everyone expects character to be able to solo everyone.like wtf. its normal for characters to have ups and downs, without the downs who will lose? its one thing for unbalanced characters, its another story for greedy people who cant team play(hence the reason ppl constantly lose, because they dont wanna die, get alot of kills and think their god, hence playing eve, which as soon as the match starts they feed because they cant team play) eve is made to compliment a team, not to fight 5vs1 thinking u can rape everyone and everything including the walls on the side and the grass on the floor just cause you came out of stealth and stunned a single target lol...ehh..noobs..waht you gunna do about them XD

EDIT: I guess riot will have to give her a small buff for all the complaining, its kinda sad seeing people talk so much poop. like as soon as you take eve, your whole team leaves champion select, or they talk **** in chat before the match is even started. atleast a smmmalllllllll buff will make ppl talk abit less, allowing others to play normally.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indexus View Post
I agree so much. Eve needs so much work, which is said in any bigger thread about it, yet nothing happens.
I hardly care she is pubstomping in low elo. In that Elo I can pubstomp with DPS Soraka, so that is NO argument at all. I want to play (with) her in higher elo to and don't hear the cries of my teammates.
If all you care about is your teammates, just tell them to do their best and don't care about what they say. Even when I play ranked games with Evelynn, nobody on my team rages because I chose her. I tell them to do their best and that I am good. I also tell them my play style (usually a tank) so I can seem like I know what I am talking about. If you just tell them a bit about what you are doing, you will look like you know what you are doing. If there are still ragers, that is their problem and they shouldn't do that.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Quote:
Sunfire ruins any attempt at surprise because they will know you're there before you unstealth.

There are much better and cheaper survivability options.
The whole point is that you don't go near them until you are ready to kill them. I play ranked games, stand near them and most people take the damage and don't care.

Dapacman

08-05-2010

Quote:
I see other characters like Nunu and Ryze getting buffs/reworks, which is great - they're C-rank characters, as stated by Shurelia and they need a little extra to be viable in upper levels of play.
However, these changes were only announced mere weeks ago if even that and they came at kind of a surprise. Picking Ryze and Nunu in ranked games will not get you yelled at. They do not need the same help that Evelynn does in higher level play. There also hasn't been a 'coming soon' for character buff/remakes for any other character as long as Eve has had. For the most part, they deliver on their promises pretty quickly.

Why is Eve being so ignored and nerfed consistently?

Yes, I play lots of Eve, yes I can do well with her, but the negative impact she puts on my team the second I lock her in trumps any inherent flaws in her character design. There were some really great ideas, like the double-zhonya ultimate, a new passive, lifeleech on Q, movespeed boost on stealth. All of these things go towards making her a unique character in most peoples' eyes, instead of just an inferior version of Shaco and Twitch.

I know that the argument is that she dominates low level play -- don't a lot of characters do this already? How does Shaco go suddenly from one of the strongest characters in upper level play to suddenly reasonable and easy to deal with for newbies? He uses stealth mechanics too in addition to being near unkillable without a lot of coordinated effort. Heimer is the same way -- how is a new player supposed to kill him and deal with him without a coordinated gank, which is hard to pull off at low levels of play?

The only true reason I'm upset is that there have been differing responses about her. It once seemed like it was a big priority to fix an obviously flawed champ, and this was when the great ideas were flowing -- 2-3 months ago. Since then, patch after patch goes by, I see Nunu Ryze Teemo and Malzahar get buffs that pull them from mediocre to good in most peoples' eyes, while Eve whom is considered the weakest champ, receives nerfs.

I understand balancing her is hard, but why would the company say they cater to the top 1-2% of the playerbase, then are suddenly worried about the impact she has on low level play? I see Phreak saying this about her implying she's staying where she is, then Shurelia goes off about a new ultimate and reworks, and it's just one big mess of inconsistencies.

Evelynn is the one champ I have bought all the skins for because I love her playstyle that much (she ain't bad to look at either :]), and the character lore and all that are interesting. It just sucks to have one champion who is such a joke in all but the lowest skill levels be so ignored patch after patch with no real ETA, while characters like Kennen get ETA's for their remakes when nobody will instantly go afk the second their teammate picks him. Eve is that bad in most peoples' eyes.

I know someone might tell me about Joebag's climbing the ladder with Eve, and I know there are good Eve players out there. The point is people think she is so bad that they will not help you if you pick her. I've had people cuss me out, sit in base, and report me only because I picked Eve.

I know she can be good in the right hands, but the biggest thing is changing community's perception. Janna's buff way back when didn't give her some amazing huge utility -- she always had the ability to do what she did, but the buff made people finally understand that she was powerful all along. This is what I want for eve - just a little love from the developers goes a LONG way in making her more accepted in higher levels of play.
Many discussions of this have led me to a conclusion: buffing Evelynn *could* easily make her far too powerful. How? Let's look at her skills.

Hate Spike: Her most useless ability (yes, it is). It hardly does any damage, but it's so incredibly spammable, that increasing the damage output by any number more than maybe 5 damage-per-level and -per-attack. Say it's at level 1 and does the damage it does (I think it's 30, can't remember). If you make that number 40 or 50, you can harass with it way too easily at lower levels against most melee characters. Anyway, point is, if she was to be buffed this would probably HAVE to stay useless. Either that, or it should be reworked completely into an AoE nuke of some sort.

Shadow Walk: I think it's called Shadow Walk, anyway. This is fine as is. Maybe more bonus damage when the stun happens.

Ravage: Could be stronger but doesn't really need to be.

Spite and Malice: This and Hate Spike are the reasons she is so weak. Having an ULTIMATE that depends solely on whether another champion dies is terrible. If this was dumbed down a LOT, and made into her Q ability, then it would make more sense. Also, if Hate Spike was buffed damage wise by say 20 or so per-spike per-level and was her ultimate (and also cost more mana per spike), suddenly she might be alright to use. It doesn't change the fact that invisibility will always be countered by teamwork and oracles, but at least this way she would be able to be utilized more easily. Her ult would be a lot more fun to use, anyway.

Those would be my proposed Eve changes off-hand. I could do the math and such a lot better and map out how and why this would work, but you all get the point I'm sure. Besides, I'd rather know if you like the idea. If so then I'll probably make a different thread about it and do all the math and such to make it balanced.