Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

The last rework made her insanely OP, so they went back to the drawing board.

Maintence on EU

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by realgirl View Post
Evelynn is not quite as bad as people think, she can solo the golem at level 1 and is a fairly competent anti-jungler. People just don't now how to use her.
But people sure knows how to counter her so hard she becomes USELESS.

kyanos

08-06-2010

well, as i keep saying, the easiest way to give her a slight buff in viability would be remove the damage delay filter on her stealth... according to wiki its still in effect, but i havent played eve in awhile... and perhaps no one who plays her has been to the wiki to alter it? dunno how likely, but its possible...

doing that would make her actually more capable of withdrawing from fights, much as twitch is capable of... and if she's able to withdraw easier, she'll become alot stronger cause of fewer deaths... more exp gained due to more time out in the field if nothing else...

as is she has no CC, just a defense debuff, she's got no speed buff, no innate viable method to withdraw from a fight, even if it was just her health!

as it is, her joining the fight is largely a binary solution. either they die, or she does. and in my experience, its quite often both because as soon as they see eve pop up next to them, unless she's already fed, they will switch targets and beat... well, not black and blue >.> but you get the idea.

PRINCE OF PERSlA

08-06-2010

Eve needs to lose her 'demoralize' factor from teams.

Karusan

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyanos View Post
well, as i keep saying, the easiest way to give her a slight buff in viability would be remove the damage delay filter on her stealth... according to wiki its still in effect, but i havent played eve in awhile... and perhaps no one who plays her has been to the wiki to alter it? dunno how likely, but its possible...

doing that would make her actually more capable of withdrawing from fights, much as twitch is capable of... and if she's able to withdraw easier, she'll become alot stronger cause of fewer deaths... more exp gained due to more time out in the field if nothing else...

as is she has no CC, just a defense debuff, she's got no speed buff, no innate viable method to withdraw from a fight, even if it was just her health!

as it is, her joining the fight is largely a binary solution. either they die, or she does. and in my experience, its quite often both because as soon as they see eve pop up next to them, unless she's already fed, they will switch targets and beat... well, not black and blue >.> but you get the idea.
She definitely still has a delay on her stealth. It gets delayed as long as she keeps getting hit.

Dephloc

08-06-2010

The only way to buff her is to completely rework her, if you like stealthy toons play twitch he is OP in team fights... dang rat sittin in the back sprayin and prayin gr....

DoubleLowElo

08-06-2010

Those ppl who compare her to Rikimaru are morons.
She is similar to Bounty Hunter.
OMG.

Karusan

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephloc View Post
The only way to buff her is to completely rework her, if you like stealthy toons play twitch he is OP in team fights... dang rat sittin in the back sprayin and prayin gr....
You mean like they've already done for Kayle, Kata, and Heimer?

Karusan

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLowElo View Post
Those ppl who compare her to Rikimaru are morons.
She is similar to Bounty Hunter.
OMG.
Bounty hunter looks awesome -- I know nothing about DOTA and its mechanics but it definitely has a pretty sweet ultimate
Quote:
Track (R)
Tracks an enemy hero for 30 seconds or until it dies. Allied units near the tracked target gain 20% movement speed increase. If the target dies, Bounty Hunter gets bonus gold.
Level 1 - 75 extra gold, reduces target's armor by 1.
Level 2 - 150 extra gold, reduces target's armor by 3.
Level 3 - 225 extra gold, reduces target's armor by 5.
Mana Cost: 70/60/50
Cooldown: 10/7/5
• Bounty Hunter will get the bonus gold if the target dies while the spell is still active, regardless of how it dies.
• Allies withing the Track aura when the target dies will receive 50 bonus gold
• Track bonus gold is treated as reliable gold
• Gives True Sight of the target.
• Tracked targets have a visual effect above their heads that is only visible to Bounty Hunter's allies.
• Casting range: 750/950/1150
Mark a target and buff everyone chasing it so they can kill him easier, and give the caster extra gold, sweet

Its other abilities are like a mix of Kennen and Eve, i.e. ranged stun and invis

kyanos

08-06-2010

didnt compare to riki, said rikimaru was a more viable stealth character than eve is currently.

even if riot cant figure out how to rebalance her so she's useful at all levels of gameplay (and face it, most stealth characters or DPS destroy in low-ELO), they could do this one alteration to her abilities and it wouldnt OP her. the only way you can say it would is if twitch is already considered vastly OP in your book... ranged stealth DPS > melee stealth DPS, and even with that in mind, twitch has the better stealth mechanic... correct me if im wrong but their health and damage output are similar at base, ignoring AS increases... and those are the two main points for them... if their the same, a ranged variant would own the melee variant...

anyway, i think most people who play eve in mid-high ELO would agree she needs an ability rework, even if its nothing more than re-arranging her current skills... well, rearranging current skills would probably be preferable, so as not to change the feel of the character a whole lot, which alot of people like with eve...